Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Xbox 360

That is not a decent deal. I hope you didn't get this!

See my above post! lol

But to be fair it was a good deal at the time of writing. Only since microsoft announced this two days ago did this deal not become a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that theyre remaking Halo: Combat Evolved to be released on the tenth anniversary of the original this year.

Hard to believe its been ten years, literally the game of my youth. Will definately buy it when it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah id rather a PS3 as well but everyone id want to play online with has an xbox 360.

Think ive found a half decent deal. £220 for a 250gb and COD and £24 for Fifa 11. I can live with that.

Smashed this deal to pieces. Got me a 250gb with Halo Reach for £150. Fifa 11 for £19, Arkham Asylum for £12.85 and COD for £25. Totalled just over £240 for the 4 games i wanted plus 2 controllers and a 250gb 360. Boom.

How does this XBOX live malarkey work then?

Smashed this deal to pieces. Got me a 250gb with Halo Reach for £150. Fifa 11 for £19, Arkham Asylum for £12.85 and COD for £25. Totalled just over £240 for the 4 games i wanted plus 2 controllers and a 250gb 360. Boom.

How does this XBOX live malarkey work then?

What about it? You need a Gold account to play online and shiz. It's a fairly good price, sometimes they have offers on it. That's about it really, connect it to your network and you can set it all up online.

What about it? You need a Gold account to play online and shiz. It's a fairly good price, sometimes they have offers on it. That's about it really, connect it to your network and you can set it all up online.

I assume it just connects to the wireless in the house?

I assume it just connects to the wireless in the house?

If you have the new Xbox then it will have wireless built in mate, if not you need to buy a 'dongle' but i'm sure it will be built it. If you Xbox is near you router, use the ethernet cable.

Gold is £40 a year, worth it though. :thumbup:

Ethernet cable is meant to be a lot stabler (is that even a word?) for online games and such.

yeh that's true.

Although I use a wireless dongle thingy. My router is downstairs and my live connection is still very decent, get the occasional lag but doesn't bother me

Ya'll can keep your consoles.

I just joined the nerdcore elite.

Dell-alienware-M15xi7.jpg

:cool:

It will only be a matter of time before you end up with one of the following...

1) The blue screen

2) Please update your graphics drivers - this will lead to certain drivers not being compatible with certain games

3) Your version of DirectX is not compatible with this game

4) Your version of windows is not compatible with this game

etc etc...

Hassle free gaming costs 150 quid. :thumbup:

PCs > Consoles, no comparison. Consoles are more accessible and more affordable and hence they've cornered the gaming market, there's more games available and they get all the press - I understand that. But in terms of power and longevity? PC all the time.

Laptop's a little different because it's far harder to upgrade, but buying some high end beast will do far more for you than owning a simple 360. Plus you can't exactly sit with your 360 on your lap in the garden, on the train or on the go. :thumbup:

I will admit, though, I have paid a tad over the odds for the Alienware name. But at least I know it's going to be well put together.

Both. Always both. I prefer my 360 for gaming, find it more sociable, I like playing fifa with my mate etc. I get why people game on PC, obviously, personally though I prefer the social side of consoles, that's more important that 'graphics' or 'fps'. And give me a sofa and a 46" telly any day.

Some of my friends spend so much money on their PC's to keep them top end though so they can play like 1 new game a year, it's ridiculous. I spent around £200 4 years ago on a 360 and it's been fine. £50 a year? A mate of mine must spend about £200 a year on his PC.

Its arrived and i had a it of a mare setting up live as it wouldnt accept that i wanted a years subscription. Got over it by buying a month. Next month ill buy a years worth.

Already loving the banter with a mate ive not seen in ages, him being a Hammers fan beating me 5-2 then me winning with Arsenal against Santos in the 119th minute. Quality.

Its arrived and i had a it of a mare setting up live as it wouldnt accept that i wanted a years subscription. Got over it by buying a month. Next month ill buy a years worth.

Already loving the banter with a mate ive not seen in ages, him being a Hammers fan beating me 5-2 then me winning with Arsenal against Santos in the 119th minute. Quality.

Be aware that xbox has automatic renewal on so it'll keep charging you month by month. You used to be able to turn it off on the xbox site but you have to ring up and get them to turn it off now.

Currently having an M15x built. The 11 is too small and the 17 is more money than I can justify.

Upgraded to an i5 540 and pumped it up to 6 gig RAM with a 250gb hard drive. Costing me just over a grand. I have to say, I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks they've brought out a new 17 and a new 11 so I might find out shortly that I've purchased just a tad too soon and I'd have gotten better value for money if there's a new 15 on the way.

But either way, it's a monster of a laptop and I can't wait for it to get here. :thumbup:

Archived