Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Firefox 4

At the same time that IE9 is as well.

I've just downloaded it and my first thoughts are that it looks really nice. The tabs have now moved above the address bar, which will take some getting used to, but they're out the way now.

I use Firefox but it's not like anything major has changed!

I've downloaded it and noticed its deffo much snappier at loading webpages. Love the interface too.

Will this not crash or stop it from not responding as much?

Losing patience with Firefox having to restart every flaming hour or 2 due to it not responding.

May be your computer?

Shouldn't be restarting every so often unless your computer is conflicting with it or you have a firefox add on not behaving as it should.

Will this not crash or stop it from not responding as much?

Losing patience with Firefox having to restart every flaming hour or 2 due to it not responding.

Try disabling all add ons and run it for a bit; see if it crashes then.

How come when I click 'help' then 'check for updates' it says "update 3.6.16 is available for download", with no mention of Firefox 4?

I want Firefox 4 maaaaan!

Firefox 4 is a release candidate. It's not a full release.

Guest DavidJCW

Just used it all day at work. Excellent. Can't fault it at all as it's working brilliantly and the layout for changing the layouts and preferences, add ons etc are perfect.

In my opinion though, it's trying to be more like Safari than following it's earlier Firefox versions.

How come when I click 'help' then 'check for updates' it says "update 3.6.16 is available for download", with no mention of Firefox 4?

I want Firefox 4 maaaaan!

They arent letting YOU have it empty.. everyone else has got it already ;)

here tis

Guest DavidJCW

Love Firefox, but i just cant get to grips with version 4. So ive installed Google Chrome, which is better than them all.

Chrome is possibly the worst browser available after IE... truly dreadful.

Chrome is possibly the worst browser available after IE... truly dreadful.

Really? How come - i've been using it quite a bit and its less resource munching than FF although overall I'd stick them on the same level in terms of what they offer.

Guest DavidJCW

Really? How come - i've been using it quite a bit and its less resource munching than FF although overall I'd stick them on the same level in terms of what they offer.

Genreal layout, some speed issues I've had. Honestly, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

However, if it was a choice between IE and Chrome, Chrome would win hands down.

As a Website Designer and Developer, perhaps this is another reason why both these browsers don't feature too highly in my estimations.

Firefox 4 is a release candidate. It's not a full release.

I'm not sure what this means. Is it a beta version?

They arent letting YOU have it empty.. everyone else has got it already ;)

here tis

Crackerjack!

If I download that and install it will it wipe out my bookmarks on my 3.6 version or will they stay? That is the big question for me.

I'm not sure what this means. Is it a beta version?

The version after beta. The final one before it's the 'proper' release where you'll get a message saying there is a newer update available etc.

Only thing i don't like about it, is there used to be a little arrow pointing down, between the two arrows you use to go back and forward from a page. It's isn't there on this one, which is quite irritating having to click back through heaps of pages, just to get back to where you want to go.

If you get what I'm on about? :/

Archived