Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

What are the must have PS3 games?

Got myself a PS3 the other day, bought MGS4 (which is sensational tbf) and Heavy Rain (not played it yet) and now have an itch to buy a few more games. I've told myself to stick to one game, complete it, trade it in and then get something else as I hoard games like you wouldn't believe.

I have my eye on:

- Gran Turismo 5 (if it's any good)

- F1 2010 (I've played it and enjoyed it)

- PES 2011 (Not a huge fan but I need a football game)

- God of War 4

I should mention that I can't stand FPS games, so stear clear of those.

Cheers.

Fallout 3 is a truly amazing game with over hours upon hours of gameplay, you can pick up the Game of the year edition up pretty cheap now but trust me once your into it you wont want to put it down. The story line is brilliant with som many side quests and the option just to free roam is awesome.

Its £20 here, but you might be able to get it cheaper

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3FA07-Fallout%203%20Game%20Of%20The%20Year%20Edition.html

Got myself a PS3 the other day, bought MGS4 (which is sensational tbf) and Heavy Rain (not played it yet) and now have an itch to buy a few more games. I've told myself to stick to one game, complete it, trade it in and then get something else as I hoard games like you wouldn't believe.

I have my eye on:

- Gran Turismo 5 (if it's any good)

- F1 2010 (I've played it and enjoyed it)

- PES 2011 (Not a huge fan but I need a football game)

- God of War 4

I should mention that I can't stand FPS games, so stear clear of those.

Cheers.

What kind of thing does do it for you?

Fallout 3 is class if you like your RPG's/action/character building.

I love F1 2010 and career mode is fun so i'd recommend that.

Fifa 11 (obvs)

Assassins Creed?

Would definitely recommend getting God of War 3 but I'd urge you to play GoW Collection first if you haven't already.

Uncharted is another that fits into this category. I was really glad I played the first before I got the second because the second really blew me away. It wouldn't have had quite the same effect if I'd played them the other way round.

Other than that any of the games mentioned already are good, I'd probably add Resident Evil 5 which wouldn't set you back much now

F1 2010 > GT5

Uncharted 1 & 2

Assassins Creed 1, 2 & Brotherhood

Infamous

Red Dead Redemption

GTA IV

FIFA 11 (PES is just plain shite!)

God Of War 3

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Little Big Planet 1 & 2

Fight Night Champion

Some of these have already been mentioned but I would say they are the all very good games. You've already got the best game on PS3 anyway (Metal Gear)

I've heard GT5 is poor which surprises me a lot as it's usually a quality game that gives you months and months of use. Is it really as bad as people make out or is it just similar to 4 rather than anything groundbreaking?

I've heard GT5 is poor which surprises me a lot as it's usually a quality game that gives you months and months of use. Is it really as bad as people make out or is it just similar to 4 rather than anything groundbreaking?

It's obviously not poor. In it's own right, it's a fantastic game. But with the countless delays and expectations, it was always going to get criticisms.

• 1 month later...

Archived