Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Has anyone ever sold something on eBay and it not arrive?

I sold a game to this guy, he seems pretty genuine but obviously I can't be sure, and it never arrived. I sent it first class delivery last Friday and there's still no sign of it. Regrettably I didn't send it recorded delivery so I don't have a tracking number for it. What's the next step? He's enquiring about a refund and I don't know where I stand, if I give him his money back I'm going to be £30 down and a game down, whereas he could be a game up and have his £30 back (if he's being disingenuous). Oh yeah and I was in a rush when I sent it so forgot to put a return address on it so I'm never seeing that game again am I?

Pretty **** situation to be in. PayPal are going to side with the buyer everytime aren't they?

I sold a game to this guy, he seems pretty genuine but obviously I can't be sure, and it never arrived. I sent it first class delivery last Friday and there's still no sign of it. Regrettably I didn't send it recorded delivery so I don't have a tracking number for it. What's the next step? He's enquiring about a refund and I don't know where I stand, if I give him his money back I'm going to be £30 down and a game down, whereas he could be a game up and have his £30 back (if he's being disingenuous). Oh yeah and I was in a rush when I sent it so forgot to put a return address on it so I'm never seeing that game again am I?

Pretty **** situation to be in. PayPal are going to side with the buyer everytime aren't they?

yes you will have to refund him and claim off royal mail yourself tbh..

(inform him though that you have contacted royal mail and they dont count it lost untill 15 working days so your hands are tied for now, try and keep in good communication with them though as otherwise it will just lead to bad feedback)

should always try and add recorded delivery for the sake of about 70p (special delivery over £40 ish)

Archived