Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

HDMI troubles

Allright, I know a little about electronics and that, but this problem is really weird and quite hard to explain, and if any of you can provide the slightest bit of help, it will be much appreciated!

This evening I invited a mate over to play some Fifa on my PS3. Switched on the machine and changed the channel to "Hdmi 2" which is the channel my PS3 runs on, obviously. The problem here though, was that no picture turned up. And no sound either.. Immediately after this, I discovered that the TV channels (that run from "Hdmi 1") did not work either. So it's obviously a problem with the HDMI outputs(? not sure if that's what they're called)..

Anyway, has anyone else here had a similar problem, or know of a solution? I've never encountered a problem like that before, and the weird thing is, that I had been playing Fifa myself about 6 hours ago, where it worked perfectly. :dunno:

Please help!! :scarf:

try removing the plug from both the tv and the ps3 and leave it for 5mins, then plug back in and see.

I had a similar problem with my monitor where there was a 'handshake' problem with the HDMI between ps3 and monitor.

Simple plug out and in may solve it

Refers to the PS3:

Hold your finger on the Power button for 6-10 seconds, you should hear two beeps. A normal power-off is only 2 seconds or so, but if you hold your finger there for 6-10 secs it causes a hardware reset which should reset your video output to the default composite cable. After the second beep, you can let go.

Refers to the PS3:

Hold your finger on the Power button for 6-10 seconds, you should hear two beeps. A normal power-off is only 2 seconds or so, but if you hold your finger there for 6-10 secs it causes a hardware reset which should reset your video output to the default composite cable. After the second beep, you can let go.

Thanks mate, that worked :) Well, it worked for the PS3 anyway.. Still can't get access to the TV channels via hdmi, but i'll have to look into that later. Cheers again.

Archived