Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

Yeah the mechanics of this game are so different to BC2. You would think that there was no relation between the two games!

When I started playing the beta for BF3 I had the same issue with seeing enemies too, I think it was pretty common. Doesn't seem to be an issue now, so I guess you just get used to it.

To be fair, the starting weapons are all decent, but not until you unlock some attachments for them....

I need to play conquest more :P Your SPM pisses all over mine, top 0% for objective SPM is sick too!

I need to play conquest more :P Your SPM pisses all over mine, top 0% for objective SPM is sick too!

You should mate. It's a far superior game mode in BF3 than rush. Most of the maps in BF3 fail for rush in my opinion due to the lack of approaches for the attackers. It only works well on the bigger maps like Caspian Border, Kharg Island etc.

I play with guys that are such slayers with their guns, that I have to play the objective so much to compete with them in score, hence my top 0% objective SPM. :)

I am working on 600 SPM (never though I would get to 500 to be honest though, as I am not the best of FPS players).

Taking a bit of a break at the moment though due to Mass Effect 3.

You should mate. It's a far superior game mode in BF3 than rush. Most of the maps in BF3 fail for rush in my opinion due to the lack of approaches for the attackers. It only works well on the bigger maps like Caspian Border, Kharg Island etc.

I play with guys that are such slayers with their guns, that I have to play the objective so much to compete with them in score, hence my top 0% objective SPM. :)

I am working on 600 SPM (never though I would get to 500 to be honest though, as I am not the best of FPS players).

Taking a bit of a break at the moment though due to Mass Effect 3.

I never played it on BC2 or this until now. Played about 15 games or so. I do really enjoy rush but the downside is if you're defending against a really shit team it can be really dull and if you're on a really shit team it isn't enjoyable. Conquest seems more enjoyable even if you don't get the win.

I never really got in the habit of putting down ammo and health on a regular basis so that's hindered my spm. It's going up pretty quickly now, on about 380, should be up to 400 within a week or so.

Like you(?) I'm not the greatest gunner and although I'd like my k/d (it's about 1.45) to be a little higher I love PTFOing more. I'm top 6% for objective SPM and that's been constantly rising as well so happy with that for now. Just trying to get into the habit of dropping ammo and health really. SPM is always increasing as I'm approaching a load of medals and I'm much better now than I was in the first 40/50 hours.

I never played it on BC2 or this until now. Played about 15 games or so. I do really enjoy rush but the downside is if you're defending against a really shit team it can be really dull and if you're on a really shit team it isn't enjoyable. Conquest seems more enjoyable even if you don't get the win.

I never really got in the habit of putting down ammo and health on a regular basis so that's hindered my spm. It's going up pretty quickly now, on about 380, should be up to 400 within a week or so.

Like you(?) I'm not the greatest gunner and although I'd like my k/d (it's about 1.45) to be a little higher I love PTFOing more. I'm top 6% for objective SPM and that's been constantly rising as well so happy with that for now. Just trying to get into the habit of dropping ammo and health really. SPM is always increasing as I'm approaching a load of medals and I'm much better now than I was in the first 40/50 hours.

I'm relatively new to shooters compared to most (Black Ops was my first) so I am happy to just have a K/D above 1. I think I am 1.63 at present which is far above my expectations.

I think the average SPM is around 270, so if you are nearly at 400 without dropping ammo / med kits whilist playing rush, you've done really well. If you really want to increase your SPM, play some TDM (I personally can'y stomach that game mode, but people who play it solely tend to have 500+ SPM).

I played mostly rush in BC2 but developed a taste for conquest near the end. Most of the 'vets' prefer conquest too apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

lol New patch has killed the game. USAS-12 is patched, but everything else is broken.

Well done EA/DICE!!!!

I've heard very different. Fixed a lot of issues (USAS, fall damage, 1 hit rpg's to choppers). Just that a lot of the attachments have been altered.

What is broken?

• 5 months later...

What does everyone think of the new DLC? I think its the best one so far, maps are big just a shame that its still 12v12.

Not bad, Just a wee but pissed about spending 30 odd quid for them. Been back on Metro and Kharg island at mo. Im quite a fan of the mountain map whatever thats called.

What does everyone think of the new DLC? I think its the best one so far, maps are big just a shame that its still 12v12.

I like them, gives it an extra sort of dimension.

But i have to say they need to either a) reduce the effectiveness of the gunship or b) take it off rush games. As the attacking time just needs to sit and bombard the mcom's and its near impossible to disarm them. I like the gunship its nice addition but just to unfair when on rush

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Used to love battlefield. The server renting thing ruined it for me. Not played it since.

Yeah can be a nightmare if you kill the host and he decides to kick you, especially if your doing well. I tend to go on the independent servers , but dont have many tickets in the rounds.

Yeah can be a nightmare if you kill the host and he decides to kick you, especially if your doing well. I tend to go on the independent servers , but dont have many tickets in the rounds.

That is annoying i wiped out 9 people in about 5 seconds last night on scavenger then got banned instantly (got lucky ran round the corner with a shotgun to find them all facing the other way) I do like the server thing over all though as you can find some really good ones with good rotations without chopping and changing

• 3 weeks later...

Archived