Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

Saw a video of this the other day and got to get it now. Will be the nest one I buy.

What's this server renting thing though? Will it be as easy to get a multiplayer game as you can on MW1?

Yeah , All Rent A Server is is where you can "Rent A Server" and basically make up your own rules as such, like how many tickets both teams have and what maps and rotations you would like ect. You can join servers no problem but you get some knob heads who decide to kick you so there. friends can join, so i tend to play independant servers.

Great game though , best money ive ever spent and if i was you id buy the premium pack you can buy in game which gives you all the DLC thats been out and you get to play the new maps two weeks before release. Much better series than COD imo. Hope this helps.

Yeah , All Rent A Server is is where you can "Rent A Server" and basically make up your own rules as such, like how many tickets both teams have and what maps and rotations you would like ect. You can join servers no problem but you get some knob heads who decide to kick you so there. friends can join, so i tend to play independant servers.

Great game though , best money ive ever spent and if i was you id buy the premium pack you can buy in game which gives you all the DLC thats been out and you get to play the new maps two weeks before release. Much better series than COD imo. Hope this helps.

Sounds good, I was just wondering if it was easy to get a multiplayer game cos that's what I want it for mainly.

I'll have to buy it on PS Store though cos my ps3 won't take discs anymore, can only play downloads so can't get it in Game. Think it's £49.99 for premium in the store, bit steep but don't mind as it looks like something I'd get me moneys worth with.

^^What he said but there's only one more D/Load left in the premium package so maybe try the basic game before you go spending you cash IE, see if you like it.. A load of my mates have stuck with COD as BF3 is a lot more "in depth".

Think I'll like it being more in depth. I loved the original Ghost Recon on pc. The maps were alot bigger than the ones on MW1 and you had to travel about a bit and use a bit more strategy. Loved the distance aspect and you don't get that on MW1.

I need a bit of help with dl'ing this game. At the PS store there is Battlefield 3 for £49.99.

Then there is a 100kb add on dl called Battlefield 3 Premium for £39.99. Then a Battlefield 3 ultimate shortcut bundle for £31.99, and about 20 more bundles and shortcuts. Also an online pass for £7.99.

I haven't got a clue what it all is and what I need to get. Can't I play online without the online pass? This game looks like it could cost a fortune. £255 I've just added it all up to, canna afford that. Can't work out which thing I would need to buy aswell as the main game for £49.99. I don't want to pay £49.99 if I can't play all the games on it with others online.

Edit : Just reread secretfox's post that says buy the premium pack in game. So does that mean that I would have to pay £90 to play this properly? Gutted. Was willing to pay £50 but not sure what to do now.

I need a bit of help with dl'ing this game. At the PS store there is Battlefield 3 for £49.99.

Then there is a 100kb add on dl called Battlefield 3 Premium for £39.99. Then a Battlefield 3 ultimate shortcut bundle for £31.99, and about 20 more bundles and shortcuts. Also an online pass for £7.99.

I haven't got a clue what it all is and what I need to get. Can't I play online without the online pass? This game looks like it could cost a fortune. £255 I've just added it all up to, canna afford that. Can't work out which thing I would need to buy aswell as the main game for £49.99. I don't want to pay £49.99 if I can't play all the games on it with others online.

Edit : Just reread secretfox's post that says buy the premium pack in game. So does that mean that I would have to pay £90 to play this properly? Gutted. Was willing to pay £50 but not sure what to do now.

You need the game and online pass to play. Better to get it in a shop rather than online.

I can't buy it in a shop as my ps3 won't take discs anymore. It used to be kept on the floor and since a bang it's not taken discs. Works fine apart from that.

Think I've sussed it and I have to buy the game for £49.99 and then the Premium extra thing for £39.99 includes all the dl content. Rip off prices in the PS store though. Hopefully the £39.99 includes the online pass.

I can't buy it in a shop as my ps3 won't take discs anymore. It used to be kept on the floor and since a bang it's not taken discs. Works fine apart from that.

Think I've sussed it and I have to buy the game for £49.99 and then the Premium extra thing for £39.99 includes all the dl content. Rip off prices in the PS store though. Hopefully the £39.99 includes the online pass.

You should not need the online pass if you have bought the game outright, its only really when you buy it second hand so you should be ok. As for the shortcuts, i think its pointless unless you cant be arsed to rank up on kits/vehicles ect.. If you like a challenge dont bother with the shortcuts.

You should not need the online pass if you have bought the game outright, its only really when you buy it second hand so you should be ok. As for the shortcuts, i think its pointless unless you cant be arsed to rank up on kits/vehicles ect.. If you like a challenge dont bother with the shortcuts.

I love to rank up so wouldn't want shortcuts for that.

Will get this as soon as the PSN is back up and running now. Canna flippin wait.

• 2 months later...

Completely forgot I had this game, only just recently started back up playing this. Prefer this to COD. Now I cannot get off it!

Them Battlefield Friends videos on YouTube lol

I've been the same, reinstalled it the other day and so far I've just been a medic and healing people who are attacking.

I've been the same, reinstalled it the other day and so far I've just been a medic and healing people who are attacking.

Never played a lot of the game before, I'm more of a COD fan myself but this past month I've been playing it again. The game is quality, managed to complete the story mode in 3 days.

I didn't realise how much points you can rack up being a medic, only got my head around on the fact you can bring people back in the game.

• 1 year later...

Archived