Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

The whole point of Battlefield 1942 was to put players in a 'sandbox' comical battlefield, and it still is to this day. I don't see how anyone can say Battlefield is 'realistic' (whatever that means).

Indeed. Anyone who thinks you can actually fly planes and drive vehicles like that needs their head checking.

It's never been about realism. It's just been about having fun. It's worth picking up a cheap copy of the original, Battlefield 1942, as it's still a great game, even if the graphics and physics may be a little dated. I had BF1942, Desert Combat (third party add-on), BF:Vietnam and BF2, and they were all excellent. If BF3 is anything like the rest of the series, then I can't see anybody being disappointed.

Because i bet you play COD and to say it isn't realistic is stupid

lol i've played more Battlefield than anyone should admit to. My BFV clan was ranked no.1 in Europe for a good while back in my teenage ultra-nerd years. And yep I play CoD too, I didn't realise enjoyment of the two series' was mutually exclusive.

How you can say BF is realistic I don't know, but that's your opinion.

lol i've played more Battlefield than anyone should admit to. My BFV clan was ranked no.1 in Europe for a good while back in my teenage ultra-nerd years. And yep I play CoD too, I didn't realise enjoyment of the two series' was mutually exclusive.

How you can say BF is realistic I don't know, but that's your opinion.

10039320x240oh6.jpg

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Crying-man-1.jpg

You tell him!... while I cry... it is so like real life!

Doesn't he know if someone's been shot 10 times if you shock them with defibrillators they'll come back to life!

Health.png

MEDIC!!

Indeed. Anyone who thinks you can actually fly planes and drive vehicles like that needs their head checking.

It's never been about realism. It's just been about having fun. It's worth picking up a cheap copy of the original, Battlefield 1942, as it's still a great game, even if the graphics and physics may be a little dated. I had BF1942, Desert Combat (third party add-on), BF:Vietnam and BF2, and they were all excellent. If BF3 is anything like the rest of the series, then I can't see anybody being disappointed.

lol comon dude ofcourse it's not going to be that realistic, im pretty sure they didn't want you to be a flight simulater expert in order to use the jets and choppers.

The realism for me comes from the settings, great open maps! Also the weaponry, excellent choice of military guns and vehicles, and the sound of the bullets are just awesome. The echo of a bullet in a open area is like music to my ears! And if your sniping, it's not just point and click, you have to measure the distance. As well as no over the top perks like sit rep or sleight of hand.

Yes at the end of the day its just a game, but far more superior in attempting to simulate a real life experience than cod... plus no 7 yr old fags screaming down the mic

Where would be the best place to pre order this from if I want it on day of delivery (and free postage too)? Or would Asda be a better solution so I can collect on release day?

I have never pre ordered a game before.... :whistle:

Where would be the best place to pre order this from if I want it on day of delivery (and free postage too)? Or would Asda be a better solution so I can collect on release day?

I have never pre ordered a game before.... :whistle:

Think Gamestation and Game have exclusive free DLC rights so I'd go from there. Looking like £39.99 from most places tbf so I'm not sure how it'll be priced on release day.

Battlefield 2 litteraly took 100's of hours of my life... I think this one will do the same :giggle:

Only 100's hours?!?! I lost whole life to it and im lookin forward to BF3 doing the same (im not really proud to say that, im just honest.. sadly :whistle: ).. anybody know when they are gona be releasing a demo? i hear there will be one..

Only 100's hours?!?! I lost whole life to it and im lookin forward to BF3 doing the same (im not really proud to say that, im just honest.. sadly :whistle: ).. anybody know when they are gona be releasing a demo? i hear there will be one..

Early September I heard. Apparently you have to have bought Medal of Honour to qualify for the beta. :angry:

Watched a few trailers of this today, and to say I'm so god damn excited for this would be an understatement!

Never played BF before, I am more than happy to make the switch over from CoD, the last 2 CoD's I have sold within 2-3 months of getting them, they get so boring, glitchy and online is full of 7 year old freaks that get to the top prestige within a day.

Bring on BF3 :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived