Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

So I got an email about a month ago telling me that I would get early access to the BF3 beta as I bought that piece of crap game Medal of Honor, but havent heard anything since. Anyone know what I actually have to do to get it? Do I just log onto Xbox Live or do I go the website? Anyone get an email telling them how to get it when it starts?

I got the email this morning, downloaded if this afternoon and played it for an hour or so. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed, its ok and all but I dunno, it just didn't seem that great to me. I was playing with one of my friends who was obsessed with BF2 and he wasn't that impressed either.

It's good but I had a torrid time trying to get into a game last night (Xbox 360).

I managed about 80 minutes playing time in 5 hours. The servers were a joke!

Don't like the map at all, but the game plays very nicely.

Agreed about the map,

Anyone know what time the open beta is released here?

Also, the Origin store is just blank at the moment, is that right? :S Assume it'll just appear when it's released.....

No idea. If it's anything like the disaster that was the early access the it could be anytime..... :dunno:

Recently got my new pc and after playing on that and the xbox i think i prefer the PC version. Don't know if that'll apply to the full game or not. Still got positive K/D in every game and it's like the first time I've played an online fps on the pc.

Looks promising so far though, now need to decide PC or Xbox....

Disappointed, I realise it is only a beta (PS3 version) but I think the game makers have dropped a clanger releasing a beta with so many glitches in it so near the games actual release date, spawn camping, game freeze, getting stuck in the ground during gameplay where suicide seems the only option. With only a month to go till release date this beta should almost be a demo with a 'wow' factor to blow Cod out of the water. I really hope all the glitches are solved and that the game has not been rushed out just to beat Cods early November release date.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have time give this a read, they say that the beta is nothing compared to the finished product. They reviewed all the multiplayer maps.

"So what have we learned? Well, mainly that the code we went hands-on with is miles ahead of the beta in terms of quality – both visually and from a gameplay perspective."

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9835-Battlefield-3-In-Depth-Multiplayer-Hands-On-Preview-%E2%80%93-9-Maps--5-Modes--Lots-of-Awesome.html

Archived