Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

battlefield wil never outsell or out popularise C.O.D

B.F is toooo slow, and dies out quicker. I have to admit mw3 maybe pants mw2 was just about enjoyable online

problem people have with c.o.d is much faster and cant handle experience and skill others have, then you just get mardy with it and call it crap. simples :sweating:

I disagree, I play battlefield an I also play cod, my highest game in cod is 47 kills 7 deaths!

But I still prefer battlefield, because it's a TEAM game

battlefield wil never outsell or out popularise C.O.D

B.F is toooo slow, and dies out quicker. I have to admit mw3 maybe pants mw2 was just about enjoyable online

problem people have with c.o.d is much faster and cant handle experience and skill others have, then you just get mardy with it and call it crap. simples :sweating:

BF relies on having a brain to play and in my opinion is a much more difficult game to grasp than COD.

I let a friend of mine (who is a good COD player) have a go on BF3 the other day and he couldn't handle it. He ended up giving up after a couple of games because it was too hard.

Battlefield doesn't need out 'outsell or out popularise' COD, it is still the superior game. COD is for kids, Battlefield is for grown ups.

BF relies on having a brain to play and in my opinion is a much more difficult game to grasp than COD.

I let a friend of mine (who is a good COD player) have a go on BF3 the other day and he couldn't handle it. He ended up giving up after a couple of games because it was too hard.

Battlefield doesn't need out 'outsell or out popularise' COD, it is still the superior game. COD is for kids, Battlefield is for grown ups.

Agreed

Preach

Haha so true. It's also why the majority of Battlefield players play on PC. Because most kids cant afford a good pc, thus a lot more adults are online.

All about Battlefield. Cod is waaaaaaaaay to easy.

Very true this is, no kids on PC whining KDR and if they are going to Prestige... PC and BF3 go hand in hand, besides BF3 you can be tactical with your approach to objectives.

Rather than a run and gun style gameplay which rewards players doing well as opposed to creating balance and helping the teams at a disadvantage.

BF3 all the way =)

I disagree, I play battlefield an I also play cod, my highest game in cod is 47 kills 7 deaths!

I am a massive COD player and it can be a team game and those few players who go on with friends, use a mic, and team up generally always win, but your right Battlefield is a team game and you have to play that way, most people on COD play as individuals and dont care whether they win or lose, missing the point that the fastest way to rank up is by winning games.

At last somebody with some sense on the matter, Battlefield is a team game, COD, however people try to tell you otherwise, is pretty much a lone wolf sort of thing. The maps are way to closed and small to get any sort of decent team tactics going.

This may seem silly, but how do I customise and upgrade my guns to get the equivalent of COD's "perks" eg. different scopes or a suppressor?

I have to agree that the GUI is crap.

Select the weapon class, then select the weapon. If that makes sense? :dunno:

I hate these kind of debates between which game is best and why 'because this one is more realistic'. If there is one thing that a computer cannot do, it is to mimic reality. Surely the whole point of *playing* a game is to have fun and not get frustrated to fcuk because the game is trying too hard to be realistic?

I have to agree that the GUI is crap.

Select the weapon class, then select the weapon. If that makes sense? :dunno:

Oh, sorry, I understand how to choose them but, of course, they are all locked at the minute. On COD it tells you what you need to do to unlock the next customisation (eg. get 100 kills with the gun) but on BF3 it seems like you just have to guess? Is tjhere anyway I can find out how many kills / how many times to use the gun before what is unlocked as an extra (for the gun, not to unlock the next gun [not that I know how to do that, either] )

Oh, sorry, I understand how to choose them but, of course, they are all locked at the minute. On COD it tells you what you need to do to unlock the next customisation (eg. get 100 kills with the gun) but on BF3 it seems like you just have to guess? Is tjhere anyway I can find out how many kills / how many times to use the gun before what is unlocked as an extra (for the gun, not to unlock the next gun [not that I know how to do that, either] )

Go on the battlelog on your comp I think

Is the spawning system in Team Deathmatch working as intended or is it going to be fixed, any ideas?

Because, as much as this is a decent enough game, what the fuck posessed them to make a spawning system where you can die and resspawn literally right in front of an enemy (or have one spawn literally a foot behind you, staring straight at your back) is anyone's guess.

Tried and tested formula in just about every modern FPS ever is either spawn near your team mate or spawn at a designated point at the back of the map. They do it on Rush, why not do it on TDM? Absolute madness. Almost completely ruins what should be a great mode.

Archived