Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

Oh, sorry, I understand how to choose them but, of course, they are all locked at the minute. On COD it tells you what you need to do to unlock the next customisation (eg. get 100 kills with the gun) but on BF3 it seems like you just have to guess? Is tjhere anyway I can find out how many kills / how many times to use the gun before what is unlocked as an extra (for the gun, not to unlock the next gun [not that I know how to do that, either] )

When you have the gun out and are alive there's a little bar underneath the little gun icon at the bottom right (I think) that shows how close you are to the next attachment. :)

Is the spawning system in Team Deathmatch working as intended or is it going to be fixed, any ideas?

Because, as much as this is a decent enough game, what the fuck posessed them to make a spawning system where you can die and resspawn literally right in front of an enemy (or have one spawn literally a foot behind you, staring straight at your back) is anyone's guess.

Tried and tested formula in just about every modern FPS ever is either spawn near your team mate or spawn at a designated point at the back of the map. They do it on Rush, why not do it on TDM? Absolute madness. Almost completely ruins what should be a great mode.

Totally agree about TDM, the amount of times I've been killed by people I spawn next to! Winds me up!

I have to say, the level of bugs, glitches and crashes in this game is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in gaming. I know EA have a bit of a reputation for hasty and careless releases but, even so, this is just absolutely shocking. For all the hype and all the stock they've put in to this being a "COD killer" and their attempt to steal the market, they've just completely and totally humiliated themselves. The complete lack of speed to resolve the issues really doesn't help, either.

Stunning.

I mean Dead Island, produced by a tinpot company with not even a tenth the backing, released a bug-strewn game to the American market and a week later (when it was released here) it was near perfect. You'd expect EA to be all over this, throwing resources at Dice to get it fixed.

Shambles.

Just want to say, before the fanbois start bleeding tears of rage and nerdy fury, I should point out that I do think the game - technical problems aside - is very good and I do enjoy it. Just infuriates me how long it can take to actually get it started and get in to a stable game.

I have to say, the level of bugs, glitches and crashes in this game is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in gaming. I know EA have a bit of a reputation for hasty and careless releases but, even so, this is just absolutely shocking. For all the hype and all the stock they've put in to this being a "COD killer" and their attempt to steal the market, they've just completely and totally humiliated themselves. The complete lack of speed to resolve the issues really doesn't help, either.

Stunning.

I mean Dead Island, produced by a tinpot company with not even a tenth the backing, released a bug-strewn game to the American market and a week later (when it was released here) it was near perfect. You'd expect EA to be all over this, throwing resources at Dice to get it fixed.

Shambles.

Just want to say, before the fanbois start bleeding tears of rage and nerdy fury, I should point out that I do think the game - technical problems aside - is very good and I do enjoy it. Just infuriates me how long it can take to actually get it started and get in to a stable game.

Agree with everything you say, there is no way a game should be released with so many problems. It seems that they just rushed it so they could get it on the market a couple of weeks before COD is released.

Unfortunately, the full potential of BF3 won't be realised until many patches have been released. Still love the game though, and it's all I play. :D

I have the game, and would like to know what "bugs" exist.

The only thing that is an annoyance is that you cannot quit out between rounds. You have to wait until the next round starts, and then quit. Unfortunately, this affects you win/loss ratio then.

Bugs are concerning the pc side of the game. Such things as punkbuster causing a sound loop in the game which crashes your pc for a hard reset, and the constant unsmoothness of the online. Not sure what its like on xbox.

If I choose to spawn next to a squad member, why do I always choose the one that is getting shot at from all angles and then end up dying myself? lol

I seem to have this skill as well! Yet somehow, I kinda' don't mind. Compared to COD, where you wouldn't accept it because you've probably been killed with akimbo rangers or whatever from the other side of the map. :P

Archived