Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

Finally have more kills than deaths ooooh yeeaah !!! Love this so much,Nothing gets a look in now , not fifa 12 nor cod even the missus and kids are now officially ignoured lol

Nothing better than having a positive K/D. lol. Mine used to be terrible....

Would love to find a gun that works for me :ermm:

ENGINEER - A-91 is amazing. Though everybody seems to uses the SCAR or G36C.

ASSAULT - F2000 or M416.

SUPPORT - M249

RECON - er, no idea.

Try those out. For the assault and engineer guns, stick a silencer, foregrip and RDS on.

ENGINEER - A-91 is amazing. Though everybody seems to uses the SCAR or G36C.

ASSAULT - F2000 or M416.

SUPPORT - M249

RECON - er, no idea.

Try those out. For the assault and engineer guns, stick a silencer, foregrip and RDS on.

Yeah but I can't even get the amount of kills to get to those guns / unlocks :P

Anyone using the infra-red sight? WOW cant use nothing else now , Feels like cheating tho. You can spot enemy from distance and react very quickly, Methinks that was a major factor in me catching up and overtaking my deaths :thumbup: Great on dark maps.

Yeah a lot of people claim that it's over powered. I don't really use it so I can't say.

lol flashpoint was garbage.

The original? Are you kidding?

The first OF was a monster of it's day, most of the team went off to do ARMA which is also ridiculously good.

I'm not talking about whatever console shit got churned out and boxed as Red River (although, to be fair, Dragon Rising was alright.)

Seriously, anyone who thinks BF3 is some sort of excellent realistic shooter that puts COD to shame needs to sit and gave one of the two (ARMA / OF) a bash and drop their sense of smug superiority. :thumbup:

The original? Are you kidding?

The first OF was a monster of it's day, most of the team went off to do ARMA which is also ridiculously good.

I'm not talking about whatever console shit got churned out and boxed as Red River (although, to be fair, Dragon Rising was alright.)

Seriously, anyone who thinks BF3 is some sort of excellent realistic shooter that puts COD to shame needs to sit and gave one of the two (ARMA / OF) a bash and drop their sense of smug superiority. :thumbup:

IT'S OK EVERYONE, FINNEGAN HAS SPOKEN!

You say it like ARMA is some realistic shooter that puts BF3 to shame. :huh:

It's a very similar game - both of which aren't massively realistic but are still very fun to play. And they both put CoD to shame.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T THINK BATTLEFIELD THREE IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME DUDE.

:whistle: Bad Company 2 was the shit. Fvck the realism stuff, just the gameplay.

I don't get why people go on about realism with games anyway, none of them are even slightly realistic, they wouldn't be fun if they were :dunno:

It just seems to be what a lot of Battlefield fans seem to get a sense of superiority over, the fact that the game is more "real" than CoD is.

I like Battlefield, I like COD and I like OF; I'm not really saying either is better than the other. Just making an observation that the only war simulations I've ever played that struck me as realistic were the older Flashpoint games. I think they were pretty heavily realistic to be honest and it's for that reason that they weren't all that popular and a lot of people didn't find them fun. They were incredibly hard, you often went through entire fire-fights without really properly sighting an enemy yourself, you spent half your time hiding behind cover, you frequently got fucked up the second you put your head out and it was insanely hard to hit someone. lol

My sense of superiority stems from the complexity rather than the 'realism'. CoD is basically only about killing people, any objectives come 2nd. Maybe it's because I'm generally not fantastic at shooting in FPS's yet I still consistently do well because I'm good at the game as a whole. :dunno: I completely lack empathy and cannot understand for the life of me why people would play CoD over BF.

It just seems to be what a lot of Battlefield fans seem to get a sense of superiority over, the fact that the game is more "real" than CoD is.

I like Battlefield, I like COD and I like OF; I'm not really saying either is better than the other. Just making an observation that the only war simulations I've ever played that struck me as realistic were the older Flashpoint games. I think they were pretty heavily realistic to be honest and it's for that reason that they weren't all that popular and a lot of people didn't find them fun. They were incredibly hard, you often went through entire fire-fights without really properly sighting an enemy yourself, you spent half your time hiding behind cover, you frequently got fucked up the second you put your head out and it was insanely hard to hit someone. lol

The first OF was the shit though.

The mission when the Yanks pull out of Malden and leave you behind with a Island full of Ruskies! Emotional.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm gonna have to move on from BC2 to this after xmas. Checked the stats earlier and only 2,683 people playing on xbox worldwide. Annoying thing is they've not done anything about the servers, there's still 2,434 online which means most of the games you come across are pretty much empty. Wouldn't be so bad if they closed some to match the numbers up but if they did that people like me would have less reason to be BF3.

Sigh. Probably not gonna be that bad despite still loving BC2.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought BF3 via Origin but have had some problems! I can start the game and play for 15-20 min but after a while the game freezes up! There is nothink i can do. I cant Alt + Tab out or even Ctrl + Alt + Del out of the game. The only way to get my computer up and runing is to hold the reset button on my computer! I had the same problem with BFBC2 (Battlefield Bad Company 2). I dont experience any problems either with lag or graphics prior to the game freeze and i run the game on high! It makes no differens if i put the settings on low.

I've run memtest on the memory and that was fine, i've updated all the drivers to all my hardware. I can give a list of all my hardware if anyone is interested.

Is there anyone who had a similar problem or know what might be the problem.

I bought BF3 via Origin but have had some problems! I can start the game and play for 15-20 min but after a while the game freezes up! There is nothink i can do. I cant Alt + Tab out or even Ctrl + Alt + Del out of the game. The only way to get my computer up and runing is to hold the reset button on my computer! I had the same problem with BFBC2 (Battlefield Bad Company 2). I dont experience any problems either with lag or graphics prior to the game freeze and i run the game on high! It makes no differens if i put the settings on low.

I've run memtest on the memory and that was fine, i've updated all the drivers to all my hardware. I can give a list of all my hardware if anyone is interested.

Is there anyone who had a similar problem or know what might be the problem.

I had this problem but can't tell you exactly how we fixed it, since a few things cocked up while we tried.

1. Replaced the CPU fan in case it was overheating.

2. Replaced my hard drive seeing as it decided to go pop after we replaced the fan.

3. Reinstalled Windows cos the installation got corrupted after sticking a new hard drive in.

The most likely cause of my problems was probably the faulty hard drive, but I suppose it could have been any one of those things. Not exactly sure what to suggest.

Archived