Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

Battlefield 3

Any tips for any newbies on multiplayer? Played about 8 hours and the most kills I've got in a team death match is about 4. Some games I can easily get no kills. Pathetic. I must be one of the worst players on xbox

Play Rush/Conquest like real men.

Can't really help if you're just shit at shooting but...

Learning the maps is important (best places to flank, best ways to travel under cover).

Thinking tactically. Where won't they expect to be caught from. It's all about flanking basically :P

Use your kits as well, revive, repair, spot, heal.

Pretty much everything Haydos said above. Team Deathmatch sucks on BF3. Conquest is the best game mode in BF3 for me. Rush second. Don't bother with the others at all....

I'm not very good at shooting but can easily maintain a 1.5 K/D ratio and a SPM that puts me in the top 8% of BF3 players. It's all about map knowledge and flanking. You don't need to be a particularly great shot when you are shooting people in the back. lol

Pretty much everything Haydos said above. Team Deathmatch sucks on BF3. Conquest is the best game mode in BF3 for me. Rush second. Don't bother with the others at all....

I'm not very good at shooting but can easily maintain a 1.5 K/D ratio and a SPM that puts me in the top 8% of BF3 players. It's all about map knowledge and flanking. You don't need to be a particularly great shot when you are shooting people in the back. lol

I agree TDM sucks.

Have you played SQDM? I found that it was actually quite enjoyable.

But still conquest all the way!

I miss bombing in jets though :( It would've been so cool to see jets screaming overhead and dropping bombs in Frostbite 2.

they need to limit the use of flares IMO using a stinger I shot at a chopper TWICE whist a jet was shooting at it and NONE made contact, there should be a reload period or something

I thought I read somewhere recently that this had been fixed?

Don't know if it's different on PC but there's definitely an extended reload period between flares now (which I'm pretty sure was fixed with the last patch). The best way to take out aircraft is to team up with someone, so you're using 2 Stingers or a Javelin and SOFLAM, but you probably need a mate online with you, so you can actually attack them effectively. Same with ground vehicles. Get two of you working together and that tank is history! :thumbup:

I agree TDM sucks.

Have you played SQDM? I found that it was actually quite enjoyable.

But still conquest all the way!

I miss bombing in jets though :( It would've been so cool to see jets screaming overhead and dropping bombs in Frostbite 2.

Only played enough SQDM to complete the assignment to unlock the second assault rifle from Back to Karkand. Didn't mind it, but found everybody was camping.

I don't miss the bombing in jets, as this is the first BF game I've played with jets. :) I still only have a few minutes jet flying time in BF3, and they didn't go so well.

Although some of you are slating it (And dont get me wrong i did because i love conquest the best) but TDM aint really that bad . my KDR has gone up loads and my SPM is better than a lot of my friends on my leaderboard who have played at least 5 days more than me (Due to having no job) just playing it. Now my brother loves it and i joined his game thinking he were playing conquest and i just gave it a chance , I admit some maps are utter shite for certain game modes but there is some great maps that got me liking TDM.

Another thing , Has anyone struggled getting on conquest recently? i could not get on at all yesterday without browsing servers .

Although some of you are slating it (And dont get me wrong i did because i love conquest the best) but TDM aint really that bad . my KDR has gone up loads and my SPM is better than a lot of my friends on my leaderboard who have played at least 5 days more than me (Due to having no job) just playing it. Now my brother loves it and i joined his game thinking he were playing conquest and i just gave it a chance , I admit some maps are utter shite for certain game modes but there is some great maps that got me liking TDM.

Another thing , Has anyone struggled getting on conquest recently? i could not get on at all yesterday without browsing servers .

Yeah the conquest servers have been a nightmare for the last few days.

Which maps work best for TDM? Might give some of them a go....

Tehran Highway is a really good map for TDM but am not that keen on it for conquest (mainly because of snipers) Nosharh Crossing i hate on conquest but love it on TDM because you seem to be running round the containers a lot which is great for claymore kills. Damavand Peak is a good shout as well as grand bazaar. Give the top 2 a try and just play the others as they happen. couple of the new maps are pretty good as well :thumbup:

I see you are finally playing this on 360. :thumbup:

Will have to squad up sometime soon!

Yeahh yeeah, had a bash round my mates earlier, played 2 games and didn't think I liked it but it was fine after that, gots to learn the maps pretyy quickish :P

Yeahh yeeah, had a bash round my mates earlier, played 2 games and didn't think I liked it but it was fine after that, gots to learn the maps pretyy quickish :P

Did you get your butt kicked on the first two games? I know I did. Haha.

Yeah, the smaller, choke point orientated maps are pretty easy to learn. In fact, even the big ones like Caspian Border are too....

Did you get your butt kicked on the first two games? I know I did. Haha.

Yeah, the smaller, choke point orientated maps are pretty easy to learn. In fact, even the big ones like Caspian Border are too....

Yeah little bit, went 1-5 in my first one, not much better in the 2nd, wasn't feeling it at all. Graphically it's completely different to BC2 and I just wasn't seeing people at all, didn't help that I wasn't real shooting well. You know you get that kind of twitch when you aim at someone and when it's good you'll flick the pad and you'll be aiming straight at them...it's obviously a bit different on BF3. Didn't help that it was a pretty tight map either, bit of a cluster fvck.

Got right into it after that though and hovered around a KD of 1 and SPM of 250ish. Will be nice when there's a couple of decent weapons, been so used to having everything unlocked on BC2!

Yeah little bit, went 1-5 in my first one, not much better in the 2nd, wasn't feeling it at all. Graphically it's completely different to BC2 and I just wasn't seeing people at all, didn't help that I wasn't real shooting well. You know you get that kind of twitch when you aim at someone and when it's good you'll flick the pad and you'll be aiming straight at them...it's obviously a bit different on BF3. Didn't help that it was a pretty tight map either, bit of a cluster fvck.

Got right into it after that though and hovered around a KD of 1 and SPM of 250ish. Will be nice when there's a couple of decent weapons, been so used to having everything unlocked on BC2!

Yeah the mechanics of this game are so different to BC2. You would think that there was no relation between the two games!

When I started playing the beta for BF3 I had the same issue with seeing enemies too, I think it was pretty common. Doesn't seem to be an issue now, so I guess you just get used to it.

To be fair, the starting weapons are all decent, but not until you unlock some attachments for them....

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips for any newbies on multiplayer? Played about 8 hours and the most kills I've got in a team death match is about 4. Some games I can easily get no kills. Pathetic. I must be one of the worst players on xbox

Don't play XBox.

BF3 is better for the PC.

• 1 month later...

Disappointing tbh. Don't know much about the second one but it seems like they're really selling out with the first. Dollar signs in their eyes and all.

From the leaked images this will feature the smallest map Battlefield has ever had and from the title I expect they'll all be on a similar scale. 2-16 players doesn't bode well either. To go after the COD fanboys like that is a bit shameless IMO and from the looks of it I won't be buying the first one. 2nd and 3rd look intriguing though. On another note, how there aren't any signs of the patch yet is a complete joke.

These things just grind my gears tbh, in all it's a fantastic game.

Archived