Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

PSN

Guest Mee-9

Word on the streetz iz that it'll be back up Wednesday (Today). (More likely tonight due to time differences)

As above, the general consensus on the internet is that it's the 'group' that the guy who hacked into the PS3 (equivalent to jail breaking the iPhone... sort of?) belongs to. Sony are prosecuting him so his mates are sticking up for him and trying to damage Sony's PR.

No one thinks they're going to do anything malicious; just show that they potentially could and thereby damage Sony's PR.

As above, the general consensus on the internet is that it's the 'group' that the guy who hacked into the PS3 (equivalent to jail breaking the iPhone... sort of?) belongs to. Sony are prosecuting him so his mates are sticking up for him and trying to damage Sony's PR.

No one thinks they're going to do anything malicious; just show that they potentially could and thereby damage Sony's PR.

I refuse to acknowledge this scenairo as it is not as funny as the hackers spending PSN members money, sorry.

My PS3 has now gone.

After somebody hacked into my PSN account and bought Tekken 6 on PSP for £30, I called Sony to tell them that it wasnt me and I expect a refund.

To cut a long story short, Sony refused. So I sold my PS3 to GAME last week, they gave me £230 for the console and some games, so I bought the new 360 with the proceeds.

Shit console, only good thing about it is it has a blu ray player and MGS4. Before I got rid of mine, I was on my 3rd PS3 due to faults.

I wont be buying any Sony products again.

I just cannot tell you how vindicated I feel - their network isnt safe. Its as simple as that. If you want to leave card details and other personal info in the hands of a company clearly not equipped to handle it, then thats up to you.

Me, i'll stick with my 360.

Hurrah! :chant:

Selling your ps3?

What an over-reaction. It's all being sorted.

In Sony we trust.

As you can see from my post, I sold my PS3 over 6 months ago following somebody hacking into my account and spending £30 - I said the network wasn't safe then and this has just proved my point.

Why do you trust in Sony? You've invested probably well over £300 and all Sony can do is allow somebody to hack into and get access to 77 million accounts? Thats what you call blind faith. At least religious types have thousands of years worth of history to fall back on - what the hell do Sony fan-boys have?

As you can see from my post, I sold my PS3 over 6 months ago following somebody hacking into my account and spending £30 - I said the network wasn't safe then and this has just proved my point.

Why do you trust in Sony? You've invested probably well over £300 and all Sony can do is allow somebody to hack into and get access to 77 million accounts? Thats what you call blind faith. At least religious types have thousands of years worth of history to fall back on - what the hell do Sony fan-boys have?

Bit bitter but fair enough :P

I'd feel vindicated too. Besides the safety aspect, it was poor customer service and they've shown that again taking nearly a week to let people know they're credit card details may have been leaked.

Bit bitter but fair enough :P

I'd feel vindicated too. Besides the safety aspect, it was poor customer service and they've shown that again taking nearly a week to let people know they're credit card details may have been leaked.

It's not bitter - I had both consoles at one stage, the 360 has simply always been the best for me. I had numerous issues with Sony and the PS3, the first one was their console completely breaking within a couple of weeks of getting it. Fortunately, I got a new one (no thanks to Sony). I took out insurance on the PS3 thinking it'd be a one off - 6 months later I was actually claiming on the policy and getting a replacement. The whole hacking thing was the final nail in the coffin. I gave Sony a chance - I just wanted my money back. The game bought on my account by the hacker was Tekken 6 on PSP - I haven't got and have never owned a fecking PSP! I just wanted a refund. Hours I was on the phone. I got nowhere, Sony got my £30, and a week later the PS3 was gone.

Now I feel better. I hope they have got peoples details and it costs them millions.

Karma. :)

I brought my PS3 3 years ago. As I've said before on here, I was very close to buying a 360 but decided to plump for the PlayStation in the end. And I've been very happy with it. I also have no doubt that had I brought an Xbox then I would have been just as pleased with it. They both would have served my purposes fine and I've got more important shit to worry about than which one of two games machines is better than the other.

Regarding the data theft, I suppose what I would like to know is was this just lax security on Sony's part or are all "customer databases" vunerable to what appears to be a highly determined and motivated hacker?

On another issue, I should imagine that the small developers whose main distrubution channel is the Playstation Store must be taking a big hit. Even when it is back up and running, it will take a while for people to feel confident about trusting Sony with their credit card details.

Archived