Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

PSN

Guest Mee-9

That's what they said last week!

It's been restored in Japan, Apparently Sony Developers said it will be back tomorrow, They said it will be back this week previously. So it's got to be back tomorrow? :)

It's been restored in Japan, Apparently Sony Developers said it will be back tomorrow, They said it will be back this week previously. So it's got to be back tomorrow? :)

****ing hope so mate!

I've actually dug out the ps2, which seems bizzare because my ps3 games are a million times better .. Cant beat a gold old game of Pes back in the Ps2 days! :wub:

Guest Mee-9

Sony will be releasing specific details soon on when it'll be back.

Missing Ultimate Team now.

I've actually dug out the ps2, which seems bizzare because my ps3 games are a million times better .. Cant beat a gold old game of Pes back in the Ps2 days! :wub:

True! Nothing gets close to PES 6 on the PS2!

not been following much of this at all, just managed to fix my PS3 connection problem, so just wondered is it all down?

like can i play cod online or fifa online or is it all down?

not been following much of this at all, just managed to fix my PS3 connection problem, so just wondered is it all down?

like can i play cod online or fifa online or is it all down?

It's all down and has been for two weeks. No word on when it will be back. Oh, and they've probably nicked your personal info and credit card number.

It's all down and has been for two weeks. No word on when it will be back. Oh, and they've probably nicked your personal info and credit card number.

oooooo man, i don't think i had much personal stuff on there tbh

Guest Mee-9

read a few reports online

part of Sony's "Welcome Back" package ..

Select 2 games from a list of 5 :thumbup:

Killzone 3 will do for one of them.

Killzone 3 will do for one of them.

Unfortunately I cant see that happening, it's probably going to be games that you can pick up in an Asda dump bin for 74pence ;)

Edit: If you haven't actually played/bought it .. Its fooking superb!

Guest Mee-9

Unfortunately I cant see that happening, it's probably going to be games that you can pick up in an Asda dump bin for 74pence ;)

Edit: If you haven't actually played/bought it .. Its fooking superb!

Was contemplating getting it.

But as you said mate, it'll probably some games that are that shite they can't even make it onto the Playstation Store.

Frustrating this is. It will be 3 weeks on Wednesday. Luckily as part of that time the weathers been nice and enjoying the sunshine, but now the football seasons over for Leicester I need something to fill in the void.

Guest Mee-9

Rumours floating around on the Playstation Forum that there will be a massive update to the XMB, and Cross Game Chat will be implimented when the PSN is restored.

If it does happen. I'll be happy.

Rumours floating around on the Playstation Forum that there will be a massive update to the XMB, and Cross Game Chat will be implimented when the PSN is restored.

If it does happen. I'll be happy.

Still wont make up for the lack of online time .. Just wish they could give a set date, seasons over so I need something to do!

Analysis: Sony has once again missed its own timeframe to get the Playstation Network back online.

By Jared Newman, Technologizer May 8, 2011 1:27 pm

Sony has once again missed its own timeframe to get the Playstation Network back online, as the company tries to secure its network after a devastating security breach.

Sony said last Sunday that it expected to bring PSN back up by the end of the week, but those plans were ruined by a separate attack on Sony Online Entertainment, the company's massive multiplayer gaming service.

"We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system," Sony spokesman Patrick Seybold wrote on the official Playstation Blog. He offered no estimate of when service will be restored.

The Playstation Network went down on April 19, and couple days later Sony said it would restore service in "a full day or two." But the problems turned out to be worse than expected. Hackers had broken into PSN and made off with names, passwords, e-mails, addresses and birthdays. There's no evidence that credit card numbers were stolen, but Sony hasn't ruled out the possibility. Over the last couple of weeks, Sony's been rebuilding the Playstation Network, and is now testing security internally.

The last week brought some high drama, as a separate attack on Sony Online Entertainment resulted in the theft of personal information for 24.6 million users and 20,000 credit card or bank account numbers. Sony told Congress that it found a file named "Anonymous" in its Sony Online Entertainment servers, with the text "We Are Legion" inside. This refers to the hacking group Anonymous, which says it wasn't involved in either attack. Anonymous had previously attacked Sony's website, and Sony said this attack was either an intentional or inadvertent diversion.

Also this week, Sony Chairman and CEO Howard Stringer wrote a lengthy explanation and apology, reflecting Sony's overall change in tone from cold and distant to apologetic.

This whole thing has been a huge mess from the beginning, but I think most users would be happy if they could just enjoy Playstation games online again. Still, Sony can't risk another attack, which according to CNet was being planned for this weekend. A longer outage is better than a second outage, so security needs to be airtight before PSN can come back online.

Archived