Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Wii 2 - Project Cafe

If Nintendo can revert back to the way they were and release quality RPG's like they did on the Snes, I would probably think about it.

As it is the games on the Wii are dreadful. The console might be innovative, fair play to them, but without quality games whats the point?

'Power' is never really that big an issue for me. The PS3 doesn't even utilise all it's power, making it's superiority to the 360 irrelevant.

This

We all know the Wii has inferior graphics to both,

You're a fucking retard if you don't think Nintendo are capable of making a console with sweet looking games, the N64 was graphically streets ahead of it's competitors - these things change from generation to generation. They opted out of visuals last time around because they went with innovation instead and while I don't enjoy the Wii personally, who can deny it was a success?

What is stupid, however, is launching a new machine with so much life still left in the PS3.

Machines brought out between generations nearly always flop; Dreamcast, Saturn? They all had potential but Sega spuffed their load both times before the peak of technology hit and then they got blindsided by improvements.

You're a fucking retard if you don't think Nintendo are capable of making a console with sweet looking games, the N64 was graphically streets ahead of it's competitors - these things change from generation to generation. They opted out of visuals last time around because they went with innovation instead and while I don't enjoy the Wii personally, who can deny it was a success?

What is stupid, however, is launching a new machine with so much life still left in the PS3.

Machines brought out between generations nearly always flop; Dreamcast, Saturn? They all had potential but Sega spuffed their load both times before the peak of technology hit and then they got blindsided by improvements.

SEGA are different to Nintendo, SEGA never had Nintendo's fanbase (plus money making Trademarks like Pokémon), or a mountain of cash from the DS and the Wii.

In old fashioned term Nintendo are sticking to the 5/6 year Generation lifestyle... it'll be interesting to see what Sony/MS do in response if anything... (Apart from copy whatever innovation Nintendo do come up with!! :giggle: )

SEGA are different to Nintendo, SEGA never had Nintendo's fanbase (plus money making Trademarks like Pokémon), or a mountain of cash from the DS and the Wii.

In old fashioned term Nintendo are sticking to the 5/6 year Generation lifestyle... it'll be interesting to see what Sony/MS do in response if anything... (Apart from copy whatever innovation Nintendo do come up with!! :giggle: )

With innovation comes a longer life though, there's no reason to bring out a console every 5 years now. I'd like to see them put some real work in and bring it out in 4 years or so.

With innovation comes a longer life though, there's no reason to bring out a console every 5 years now. I'd like to see them put some real work in and bring it out in 4 years or so.

:huh:

Have you seen the Mobile phone/TV industry recently?

In the old days people kept their TV's 'til they broke (or even :o repaired them) now you have to replace every 2-3 years just to keep up with all the new stuff (if you can afford to!).

People only changed mobiles to get a new style or when their battery died, not to get a whole new raft of features every 6 months!

:huh:

Have you seen the Mobile phone/TV industry recently?

In the old days people kept their TV's 'til they broke (or even :o repaired them) now you have to replace every 2-3 years just to keep up with all the new stuff (if you can afford to!).

People only changed mobiles to get a new style or when their battery died, not to get a whole new raft of features every 6 months!

Yeah that's fair but I meant with the gaming industry it doesn't need to be like this. Like I mentioned earlier, they haven't even got the most out of the PS3 yet and all 3 current gen consoles still have plenty of life in them.

Correct me if I am wrong but weren't Nintendo reporting record losses last year.

I think I must be thinking of the year before, but I hardly see it affecting them in the long run. They were pretty hard up after the flop of the Gamecube (which was a pretty decent console but had no third part backing). I can see the 3DS being a hit which will certainly boost them this year.

Well if they achieved record profits from a position of being at a net loss half way through the year fair play to them

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24366

Not that I really care but:

Nintendo still expects to make a profit in the 2010 fiscal year, with a projected net profit of 90 billion yen.

But maybe their loses were due (apart from the Weak Yen) to development costs for Wii2?

• 1 month later...

Touch screen, tablet style, separate system, controller (semi-)officially confirmed! ... In-ter-res-ting...

Today, the Nikkei news service (registration required) has confirmed one of the bigger rumors surrounding the console. As speculated, the console will have a controller with a six-inch touch screen at its center, allowing players to play games as they would on a tablet computer in conjunction with traditional game buttons.

Furthermore, the controller can be used as a "portable game device." Though earlier speculation had the controller streaming games onto its screen from the Wii 2, Nikkei reports that "Nintendo aims to attract more users by offering a console that doubles as a portable game system," implicating the controller can be used independently.

Nikkei also confirmed that the controller will have a camera that will allow players to create characters based on pictures they snap. It also said the Wii's successor console could launch as early as mid-2012.

More Mario, Zelda, gimmiks, shit games, and total lack of third party support from Nintendo then!

Definitely agree.

It will be good for first party games which only one or two decent ones will come out a year and then eventually it will be your dust gatherer.

Archived