Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sven-your-smiling

Best Formation

hey guys,

just wondered what all of you lot think the best formation for city is on fifa 11/football manger etc. i like 4-3-3 with king pushing but that then puts oakley and wellens in the defending posistion so there ovralls go down. also where is the best place to play yak/kamara/vassell/waghorn/gally?

thoughts?

I like to play 4-3-3 at home, and change it into 4-5-1 when I play away. I did that Leicester and was a very successful manager, now I have moved to Tottenham and still use it -- only been there for about 9 months but I have won the FA Cup and am sitting in the top half of the league so it must be good.

Suppose it depends on what players you have though, for example, my midfield is David Silva -- Tom Huddlestone -- Jordan Henderson, and that midfield is balanced because Silva is left footed and attacks when Huddlestone sits.

When away, the forward three will change; Welbeck and Goodwillie/Dos Santos/Townsend/Hooper push wide.

So, when playing home games:

Gomes

Onhoua -- Chyserski -- Hobbs -- Assou Ekotto

Henderson -- Huddlestone -- Silva

Hooper -- Goodwillie -- Welbeck

This is my first full season in charge at Spurs, and am doing well at the minute. I went back to Leicester to buy Goodwillie, Hobbs, Henderson, Schlupp and King.

Welbeck is very, very fast and Goodwillie is a natural goalscorer. He was always top goalscorer at Leicester, and currently has 5 goals in 6 games at Tottenham.

Loving the bit I've made bold.

Gonna try that out when I get mine back.

It's pretty good, Bruma at left back has 71 rating and PVA has 71 in that position so it's much better than playing Gallagher or Dyer there.

4-3-3

Given

Naughton vitor tunchev gibbs

Pratley abe hargreaves

Obertan kamara vassell

I find that 4-3-3 only really works for me with pacey and strong players on the wing

FIFA:

GK

CB-----CB

RB--------------------LB

CM-----

-----CAM

RW-------------------LW

-----CF

ST-----

4-2-4 (or what I call the 'S' formation - squint), use that with any side I have after raping it on FIFA 09 with my silly-good Dortmund side.

Interesting, gunna try that!

Started playing 4-2-3-1 again which works a treat with the right players. Currently top of the league on Football Manager as well with Spurs.

Lienierd

Clyne (1.5million)-- Chyserski -- Hobbs (4.5million) -- Mattock (Free)

Huddlestone -- Fellieni (Free)

Henderson (4million)-- Pastore (15million) -- Lallana (1.7million)

Perry (2.5million)

-------------

Gary Perry, striker, is a wonderkid on my game. He came through West Brom's academy and I brought him with Leicester. He was very good. I then left Leicester to become manager of Tottenham, and brought Gary Perry for £2.5million.

He has currently scored 20 goals in 15 games and is the Premierleague's top goalscorer.

When I played the 4-2-3-1 formation with Leicester it never worked. It does now at Tottenham though. I think it's because you've got to have the right type of player, for example, my two holding men at Leicester were Wellens -- Whittingham which never worked because Whittingham isn't that type of player -- in fact, I don't even know why I played him there! Anyway, with Spurs, I've got the option of Huddlestone, Fellieni, Andy King or Scott Parker -- all great holding midfielders.

• 4 weeks later...

not on formation but i notice none of you play with dyer on fifa? on the newest fifa you MUST player dyer! seriously try him, he will just run around players for fun

Impact sub for me. last 20minutes or so. i find gally is able pass/cross alot better than lloyd can on it.

In my 3rd Career Mode Season with Leicester (2012-13). Here's my current best starting XI:

Ben Foster

Clyne

Alex

Bamba

Warnock

Dane Richards

Andy King

Fabian Delph (LOAN)

McAnuff/Vassell

David Suazo

My Virtual Pro.

FIFA:

GK

CB-----CB

RB--------------------LB

CM-----

-----CAM

RW-------------------LW

-----CF

ST-----

4-2-4 (or what I call the 'S' formation - squint), use that with any side I have after raping it on FIFA 09 with my silly-good Dortmund side.

This is kind of like the 4-2-3-1 formation, no?

Does look good so I'll try it.

Archived