Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Problem With New Graphics Card

Hi,

Just recieved my new PCI x16 Graphics Card in the post. It does fit into the PCI x16 slot.

However, it doesn't fit into my computer. The graphics card can't reach the bit which I screw in to safely secure it. The graphics card is about 4cm above the PCI x16 slot, meaning it is not connected.

What can I do? Do I need one of these http://uk.startech.com/product/PEX16RISER-PCI-Express-Riser-Card-x16-Left-Slot-Adapter-for-1U-2U-Servers or what?

I'm very dissapointed because I didn't realise this problem could even occur.

Many thanks,

Yes probably, Take a second opinion as i'm not a PC Guru but you may need a new casing unit or if available an adaptor.

I got a new hard drive the other day at work but couldn't fit it in, even though it said it was compatible with my hardware. I had to get a new casing unit from Maplin but it did the job.

Yes probably, Take a second opinion as i'm not a PC Guru but you may need a new casing unit or if available an adaptor.

I got a new hard drive the other day at work but couldn't fit it in, even though it said it was compatible with my hardware. I had to get a new casing unit from Maplin but it did the job.

:thumbup: Cheers for that.

I've sorted that problem though - I took the bracket off of the graphics card so that it now fits.

I've installed it, thats fine, but just need to get the drivers now - which are currently downloading. Been searching for them hours but all of them don't seem to work, or are not the proper ones etc. Now I'm getting the real drivers (hopefully) from the ATI website.

Archived