Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingDarius

Kermorgant

Mental... He'll score more goals because he's not on loan? Are you trying to say that his ability to score goals will increase because he's a City player?

yh made a mistake there. i meant to put if he has a good pre season then he should get a few more goals. for his wages he should get about 20

I am so confused right now.

LCFC_FAN_95 is going about how Yann Kermorgant only scored 1 goal 2 seasons ago but millzi is saying how Abe only scored 1 last season after quoting bluebatt who said Yakubu (who LCFC_FAN_95 was going about) freed up room for Abe to score but millzi rightly pointed out that Abe only scored 1 all season but ajthefox thought that millzi was also going on about "kermotwat" which opened the Kermotwat gate scandal.

LCFC_FAN_95 is going about how Yann Kermorgant only scored 1 goal 2 seasons ago but millzi is saying how Abe only scored 1 last season after quoting bluebatt who said Yakubu (who LCFC_FAN_95 was going about) freed up room for Abe to score but millzi rightly pointed out that Abe only scored 1 all season but ajthefox thought that millzi was also going on about "kermotwat" which opened the Kermotwat gate scandal.

appl.gif Brilliant summary of an increasingly absurd situation.

I'll drop out now. Back to the main business of the thread.

Damn, I'm running empty on memes. :o

:appl:

I agree with you mate, just imagine what it would be if we had him all season. Yeah he doesn't run much but lineker didn't either. He's a threat no matter what look at forest they stuck two defenders on him, likes most clubs did they seen him as a threat even if he ain't got the ball. which frees up players like wellens, king and abe. To score goals.

I am not interested in the debate about the crap French penalty taker - but you cross a line when you say that Lineker didn't run much (I say this with a smile on my face and I am not tearing into you mate).

Many Leicester fans seem to have an image of Lineker as he was in his first two seasons in the first team with us.

When will we understand that his game developed throughout his career and if you talk to Everton, Barcelona or Tottenham fans (or watch some old England games) you will see that Lineker ran his socks off!!!

He was always running into the channels, willing to receive the ball down the flanks and make decoy runs to open up space for others in attacking positions to exploit.

He was interviewed by the BBC shortly after his move to Barca and the question was put to him about why he did not take players on or dribble past markers. He was very humble by replying that he did not take players on, but said his game was about making space for others or running into space that he thought the ball would eventually be. If I were Lineker I would have replied with ridicule. It is like asking Franco Baressi why he did not gain more assists.

Lineker's game was not simply a box man - although he could play that way, and was lethal in the area even though he was being marked. Ian Rush was another player wrongly thought of as a box man, but he was regarded as Liverpool's first line of defence by their fans!

Tony Cottee was the 6 yard predator who did not run extensively (but still did more than the Yak). Cottee's international career never progressed as was hoped for when he was at West Ham because his game did not develop beyond a box man - which is what Lineker was for two seasons at City.

The Yak does run - when he can be bothered - and has a good game! Then,he decides he can walk around the pitch for the next two games and is shit. This is why we got him - if he played as good as he can play more often, Everton would have him in the first team. It is his lack of consistency that makes him a loan player. On his day, he is sensational!

As for Kermogant, couldn't give a shit.

Don't take my comments the wrong way mate, I am not being hostile - 80's footballers are an obsession of mine and Lineker's game really developed after he left Leicester. In the England games he did not score, he would often drift right out of the picture if he knew that he would take a marker with him. He contributed to the goals tally by being man marked and taking his man with him. A very hard working and unselfish player Lineker.

Up the City and long live Gary!

Who are you on about?

Well if you look at what I highlighted :facepalm:

Correct-a-mundo :thumbup:

Archived