Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Still in the hunt for him apparently, as it sounds we may have been for some time now. Nothing concrete, but wouldn't surprise me if there's some substance to this. A few clubs are after him though according to this particular Peterborough fan, so it's probably likely he'll be on his way this summer.

Wonder what the asking price for him will be (if not out of contract) with Barry Fry the chairman? £5-10m? :ph34r:

Therefore I don't think he'll want his best player to leave when promoted to a tougher league.

Would rather him than some of the other players we have been linked with, and he would actually work well with Yakubu I think.

Used to think he wouldnt be good enough but he has improved this season, better finisher than he was, but not sure if he is 'top' of the Championship quality.

Posh will sell for £2 -2.5 million.

Have never reallly rated him, especially in the Champ.

Nor did I, but he scored 13 goals (i think) and 8 of them were from headers. He does need a chance to be put in a good team and see how mnay he can score and that is when he really deserves judging on.

But not sure we should take the risk on him.

We're are bigger than this now

I'm used to cringing at comments like this but actually, on this occasion, I agree with Maybes.

He's just very.. very... average.

I wouldn't want him over Yakubu or Kamara or, to be honest, even Waghorn and I don't imagine Sven would either.

Guest ttfn

I'm used to cringing at comments like this but actually, on this occasion, I agree with Maybes.

He's just very.. very... average.

I wouldn't want him over Yakubu or Kamara or, to be honest, even Waghorn and I don't imagine Sven would either.

I think he's improved an awful lot in the last 18 months. I genuinely reckon he'd be a seriously useful squad player. But as you say, as we have Waghorn there seems little point.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched him in the play-off games and was quite impressed to be fair, on occasions looked second to the ball and got there first, always plays towards goal in a direct manor I would be happy to have him as part of our squad and he is available on a free this summer.

Watched him in the play-off games and was quite impressed to be fair, on occasions looked second to the ball and got there first, always plays towards goal in a direct manor I would be happy to have him as part of our squad and he is available on a free this summer.

Archived