Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Guest Mee-9

Transfer odds on Craig Mackail-Smith on Skybet - Leicester 2/5.

Now I know that does not mean he is coming, but it does mean a lot of money has been bet on him coming.

We're at evens for Heskey.

Now thats something.

I don't see anything wrong with Mackail-Smith, when linked with him before people weren't sure on him and I could see that myself, but after the last two season's he has had he has been excellent.

Mackail-Smith has shown especially last season that he is a very good player, I would be happy with this signing and if we get Maynard along with Yakubu or Heskey then that would be very good. Nugent rumour has settled down a bit of late, but we are favourites to sign Mackail-Smith the Premiership to League 1 level might be a little bit too soon but if he comes to us I would be happy.

Maynard, Heskey/Yakubu, Mackail-Smith with Tie-Se and Nugent also being strongly linked is pretty damn good.

He must be good because I can actually remember him and it's not just because of his stupid hair. If you can get through the ale and burger stupor to make an impression on me you must be quite a player.

It does sound like a lot of money though. I could buy a Liger for that, and probably a pretty good helicopter too

Hi, i'm Ric Flair let me tell you where i'm at.

Firstly, I was amazed to see that Mackail-Smith was still only 27. I thought he was nearing 30 so the fact he's still young is a plus point. He's also a player on the up, he's improving each season and you cannot argue with his goalscoring feats of last season.

My concerns are that £3 million is a lot of dough for a League One player whose pedigree is St Albans City where he scored twice in 45 games and also a mediocre return at Dagenham and Redbridge in the Conference. DJ Campbell's failures at leicester has made me make comparisons with CMS and the wqorry that he'll turn up here and be as crap as he was when he played non-league football instead of performing like he's capable of doing at the level we're now at.

I trust Sven though and I like Mackail-Smith's workrate and eye for goal. he could be superb at this level in the right set up and with the fans behind him.

I'm prepared to put none of the money in myself but i'm happy to back him wholeheartedly should he sign.

Speaking as a resident of St Albans. I could get into the St Albans City side and score 2 in 45. And i've got lovely hair like CMS. I smell a new career.

£3 million pounds is an unreasonably high figure to want for a player, who has no real experience of upper level football. He COULD prove to be a bargain buy, but he COULD also flop.

If we are to spend a lot of money on a player, then really he should be proven at this level. I would take him for £1.5 million, but not a penny more

Whoever mentioned Billy Sharp earlier in the thread, I doubt anybody will be getting their hands on him. Southampton (apparently) have had a £3 million offer rejected for him, and he signed a new deal not so long back. Can't see anybody going much above that for him.

If he's having a medical later this week then your mission liam is to hide at belvoir drive then do a keane vs haaland knee high challenge on him. Should put his medical in doubt. Woul rather have jeffrey boycott up front

Archived