Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

So let me get this right - you're all spuffing yourselves over an average goalkeeper like Kasper Schmeichel and then shooting down the possibility of signing a striker with genuine quality? Absolutely baffling.

So let me get this right - you're all spuffing yourselves over an average goalkeeper like Kasper Schmeichel and then shooting down the possibility of signing a striker with genuine quality? Absolutely baffling.

If he changes his name to Mackail-Schmeichel we'll be set.

Kasper is a solid Championship player, CMS had his chance and did barely anything. For 3 million? "absolutely baffling"

"genuine quality" - based on what? The way he runs around after the hoofed clearance from the back four? Does his passion appeal to you? Oh and, HE SCORES IN LEAGUE 1.

Fair enough for a sum of 750k, wouldn't mind that, but if this goes through for 3m, I'll be extremely worried by the board. Why aren't they throwing 3m at Naughton? Or Vitor?

I think he's decent. He'd cut it with us, just £3million is a bit excessive. Up to Top and the rest to decide if they've got it to spend, and if they have, go for it.

Think its more of a price issue than anything, i'd be more than happy to see him here....but just not at 3 million!

Kasper is a solid Championship player, CMS had his chance and did barely anything. For 3 million? "absolutely baffling"

"genuine quality" - based on what? The way he runs around after the hoofed clearance from the back four? Does his passion appeal to you? Oh and, HE SCORES IN LEAGUE 1.

Fair enough for a sum of 750k, wouldn't mind that, but if this goes through for 3m, I'll be extremely worried by the board. Why aren't they throwing 3m at Naughton? Or Vitor?

1 season the the divisions worst team isn't really a chance and he did get 10 goals.

But at 3 million is too much of a risk

Think its more of a price issue than anything, i'd be more than happy to see him here....but just not at 3 million!

1 season the the divisions worst team isn't really a chance and he did get 10 goals.

But at 3 million is too much of a risk

Yeah I'm just panicking, Simmo. 3m is way too much. If we're lobbing that around, it should be for our 20 a season man.

Mackail-Smith had his chance? What, in an awful Peterborough side who failed spectacularly in the Championship? Even then he scored 10, which is no less than any of our strikers got last season, Yakubu aside. And besides, he has improved since then. The man got 34 goals in 55 matches last season, a great record whether in League One or not. The step up to the Championship is not as great as most believe it to be in my opinion - you only have to look at how many newly promoted sides do well.

As for Schmeichel, there's a reason most Leeds fans aren't too fussed to see the back of him. He might be a decent shot-stopper, but he has several flaws to his game that are exposed on numerous occasions.

As for Naughton and Vitor, if you think they're available for £3 million then you're living in a dream world.

Not quite;

Good proven Championship goalkeeper

v

Good league 1, unproven Championship striker.

Matt Fryatt was good in League 1 you know.

Plus the fact he's costing 3 times what Kasper might cost.

Not quite;

Good proven Championship goalkeeper

v

Good league 1, unproven Championship striker.

Matt Fryatt was good in League 1 you know.

Plus the fact he's costing 3 times what Kasper might cost.

lol

They've both had only one full season in the Championship.

Why are people going so bonkers about the fee?

If SGE wants him and he thinks he'll be a good asset to the team then who are we to argue?

If a club had have come in for Fryatt at the end of our league 1 season do you think we'd have been up for selling him for £750,000?

He's a good worker who has improved a lot and I think he'll do well for us

Nice wumming :thumbup:

This is my first post so be gentle, i am trying to find out info from Lee Tomlin at PUFC about what is happening with the CMS situation. Hope to be able to post some more on this soon.

I'm not sure this is Tomlin's official Twitter and if it isn't I apologize, but has a decent number of followers so could be true. If it is then it seems he knows no more than any of us.

L22EET lee tomlin

Leicester radio today has said mackail-smith might be signing!!!

7 hours ago

(Seems reliable Durham has tweeted him and he is an in the know Posh fan)

Archived