Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

RobTannerMerc Rob Tanner

City' bid for CMS accepted and no bid from West Ham yet, but one expected. He has turned down Norwich and QPR. See today's Merc

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

****sake thought we'd dodged this one!

Exactly yes he is a natural born goalscorer, I would welcome him here, but not for £3 million! that's an obscene price tag for somebody who has spent one season in the championship!

If we get Danns and Nugent on Frees I think it makes up for what we're paying over the top for CMS. God knows if he'll be a success, he'll be full of confidence that's for sure and if we play like last year he'll get a shit load of chances.

If all these transfers all come off, I think we are going to have a bloody good team.

If we get Danns and Nugent on Frees I think it makes up for what we're paying over the top for CMS. God knows if he'll be a success, he'll be full of confidence that's for sure and if we play like last year he'll get a shit load of chances.

If all these transfers all come off, I think we are going to have a bloody good team.

I agree, CMS has a good first touch and can find the net with power with both pegs - watching his goals on video it was initially tough to work out his dominant foot. I understand he's unproven - I have a good feeling.

He's unproven, but that can be a good thing.

People moan about player like Yakubu who are experienced, but are criticised for not trying hard enough, this lad works his socks off and is a goalscorer so i am happy to back Sven's judgement.

In all fairness the juries out for me on this one. £3 seems a bit steep for CMS. But if he signs he'll get my full backing just like the rest of the new signings. (apart from if El Hadj Diouf was to ever sign :ph34r: )

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-s-bid-Craig-Mackail-Smith-accepted/story-12840111-detail/story.html

Leicester City have had a bid accepted for Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

City have emerged as the front-runners to land the 27-year-old after he turned down moves to Premier League new boys Queens Park Rangers and Norwich City.

Leicester City have had a bid accepted for Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith

West Ham are also in negotiations for the prolific forward but Posh have yet to accept an offer from the Hammers for him.

Posh director of football Barry Fry confirmed Mackail-Smith was now in talks with City.

"We have accepted a bid from Leicester," said Fry.

"Their manager Sven-Goran-Eriksson is out of the country at the moment, but was due to speak to Craig over the weekend.

"I have had several conversations with West Ham, but we have turned down their bid. I am certain they will be back.

"Craig is facing a tough decision. He turned down Norwich and he has now turned down QPR."

City are still in the hunt for several potential signings. Talks are on-going with goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, and he could even agree a deal imminently.

The 24-year-old Dane posted a video on his Twitter account yesterday after a hacker had posted on his behalf saying he was staying at Leeds United, who accepted a £1 million bid from City last week.

Schmeichel denies he is not interested in a move to City.

However, City are keeping all their goalkeeping options open.

City look close to landing South African left-back Tsepo Masilela on a season-long loan from Israeli side Maccabi Haifa this week.

"Everything has been agreed in principle for him to go to Leicester," a source is quoted as saying. "I would guess that everything will be signed off next week."

Talks are also on-going with former England striker David Nugent, and City could also mount another bid to sign Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard. Talks are also progressing with Preston over a possible transfer of centre-back Sean St Ledger, and City are chasing North Korea international striker Jong Tae-Se.

If West Ham come back with an offer and they accept it would be interesting to see who he would join would he choose us or West Ham or neither.

We can certainly offer him the wages and the fact he would not have to uproot his family etc. His main concern is clearly first team football hence him rejecting premiership teams

Mackail-Smith has roots down in East London/Essex way so he might want to return to that area but also if he is settled in peterborough then coming to us is nearer than moving back down the pie and mash shop.

That's what I thought but he turned down QPR? Not sure why he turned down Norwich either... does he not want to play in the BPL or something?

That's what I thought but he turned down QPR? Not sure why he turned down Norwich either... does he not want to play in the BPL or something?

First team football....

First team football....

Hmm I suppose. Would he necessarily start for us though (depending on who we sign) if you think Nugent, Maynard and Yak (kind of) are all possible strikers we might be getting? I suppose it's conditional.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7006859,00.html

Peterborough United's director of football Barry Fry has confirmed the club have accepted an offer from Leicester City for Craig Mackail-Smith.

The Championship new boys are prepared to let the striker leave London Road over the summer and there are a string of clubs chasing Mackail-Smith.

Fry claims the Scotland international has already turned down moves to Premier League duo Norwich City and Queens Park Rangers, while West Ham United have seen an offer rejected.

Posh expect the Hammers to return with another bid, while Fry is waiting to learn the outcome of Mackail-Smith's impending talks with Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

"We have accepted a bid from Leicester," said Fry in the Leicester Mercury.

"Their manager Sven Goran Eriksson is out of the country at the moment, but was due to speak to Craig over the weekend.

"I have had several conversations with West Ham, but we have turned down their bid. I am certain they will be back.

"Craig is facing a tough decision. He turned down Norwich and he has now turned down QPR."

With Nugent and Danns both possibly joining on frees it makes the price tag for Mackail-Smith a bit easier to digest. I've got no doubts he'd be a cracking little player for us if he joined, but I can't help but feel we're going to lose out to West Ham on this one. Hopefully they baulk at the fee.

To go up I feel we're going to need at least one quality striker, and in truth I don't think we'll be getting our hands on Maynard. This one could be a gamble worth taking.

Mackail-Smith has roots down in East London/Essex way so he might want to return to that area but also if he is settled in peterborough then coming to us is nearer than moving back down the pie and mash shop.

he also has been living roughly 30 miles away for the last few years....

lol

sorry - didnt read second half of your post. only just gone 6am here.

I'd be surprised if he didnt come to us. He lives in a village called Crowland, which is 5 miles up the road from me, and have heard he is settled there, but weants to play for a bigger club.

In terms of geography, we arent too far away, players have remained in Leicester and played for Posh before (Wesolowski and Benjamin) so I'd be surprised if he didnt do the same.

If he does some i'm still concerned over that 3mil fee, i truely don't believe he is worth it..BUT of course i'll be right behind the lad urging him to do well

Archived