Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Don't know how anybody can say they are not keen on Mackail-Smith, he scored 10 goals in the Championship with Peterborough a side who were relegated that season.

But he has been excellent in League 1, top scorer and top scorer in England I believe that is quality.

The guy can run all day and he can score goals, playing for a better side in us will show his real quality I would be really happy with this signing if it comes through fingers crossed now Maynard and Nugent joins him.

Hmm, seems that we may have maybe lost out on either Nugent or Maynard then... Overall im dissapointed, i know he's a prolific goalscorer in league 1 and scored ten goals in the championship, but i think if we are looking to get to the premier league, then after the one season he would be no use to us, he should stay with Peterborough.

Hmm, seems that we may have maybe lost out on either Nugent or Maynard then... Overall im dissapointed, i know he's a prolific goalscorer in league 1 and scored ten goals in the championship, but i think if we are looking to get to the premier league, then after the one season he would be no use to us, he should stay with Peterborough.

He may of scored loads in league 1, but It takes him 10 attempts to get it in the back of the net. Plus most of his goals were scrappy, and/or flukes

Grant Holt has gone from League 1 to Premiership, so has Steve Morrision (think hes gone from like blue square premier).

Sven obviously thinks hes good enough for us.

And most of his goals were flukes? Unless the wind blew them in or the keeper dropped most of them into the back of the net, they weren't flukes. They were probably like most of Yakubus goals, right place at the right time.

I think despite his 10 goal haul in a relegated Peterborough side, the criticism I have heard most often of him is his chances needed to conversion ratio, and despite P'boros relegation, they did score a few, and made chances, it was their defence that didnt measure up. The higher the level, the less chances a striker gets, the better he has to be when they do come his way.

In that respect, he is a bit of a risk signing and if he was potentially Prem quality, he wouldnt still be at P'boro, and its the Prem Leicester are aiming for, is it not?

CMS got 10 goals with a side that was relegated from the Championship, how well could he do with a promotion contender in the same division?

Iain Hume scored 12 last season with Preston who were shite. Would we want him?

Even relegated teams will usually have one main striker who will chip in with a few goals.

CMS is a class player and his workforce is second to none. IF we get Maynard, then those two upfront will score goals for fun. People forget that CMS only had one decent player providing him opportunities at Posh - George Boyd - whereas we have a whole host of different players able to do this. CMS - oh yes please !

Iain Hume scored 12 last season with Preston who were shite. Would we want him?

Even relegated teams will usually have one main striker who will chip in with a few goals.

You have to give him a chance, what's the harm in getting him, yes it is a risk but it isn't your bank card that we are paying with :thumbup: If we don't take the risk then we will never know. Anyhow, we will have 1 or 2 other strikers that will be capable of coming up with the goods if he does.

You have to give him a chance, what's the harm in getting him, yes it is a risk but it isn't your bank card that we are paying with :thumbup: If we don't take the risk then we will never know. Anyhow, we will have 1 or 2 other strikers that will be capable of coming up with the goods if he does.

I'm not saying don't give him a chance. Just thinking anything more than £2-2.25million is a bit too much imo.

I'm not saying don't give him a chance. Just thinking anything more than £2-2.25million is a bit too much imo.

Probably, but that's what Maynard cost when Bristol city signed him from Lg1

Will be a bargain if he scores 20+ goals and the team he's playing for gets promoted (us or west Ham)

If the Thai's were worried about money then they wouldn't give it Sven to use, wait and see :)

Probably, but that's what Maynard cost when Bristol city signed him from Lg1

Will be a bargain if he scores 20+ goals and the team he's playing for gets promoted (us or west Ham)

IF he scores 20+ goals per season. I love the word IF, leaves the matter open to so many possibilities!

Archived