Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

People don't forget that we are NOT in the prem. We need players who'll score and defend and tackle etc... who can get us there. we can then sell the players we don't want in the prem and buy others. If he plays well for us and we get promoted there'll be a lot of championship clubs happy to sign him up next season - if we don't want him anymore.

Probably, but that's what Maynard cost when Bristol city signed him from Lg1

Will be a bargain if he scores 20+ goals and the team he's playing for gets promoted (us or west Ham)

Good point, but then Nicky Maynard was only 22ish then and had ages to improve. Mackail-Smith is 27 now, and should be near his 'peak'. Will be happy if we sign him still, just feel the reported £2.75mill (i think it was) reported fee is a bit hefty as he's unproven at this level.

As a comparison, we valued Fryatt at £1.25million who was younger and has a similar, if not better, goalscoring record than MS. I think £2million max for MS would be about fair, then with add-ons going up to £3million-ish if we get promoted/he scores 20goals etc.

also factor in that it removes the main goal scoring threat from and opposition team

If Peterboro are challenging for promotion to the Prem next year I'd be seriously surprised. I'd be seriously surprised if they even stay up.

People don't forget that we are NOT in the prem. We need players who'll score and defend and tackle etc... who can get us there. we can then sell the players we don't want in the prem and buy others. If he plays well for us and we get promoted there'll be a lot of championship clubs happy to sign him up next season - if we don't want him anymore.

This!

IF he scores 20+ goals per season. I love the word IF, leaves the matter open to so many possibilities!

Well, obviously there's possibilities... he could break his leg tmrw

The Yak is about the closest thing to a 25 goal guarantee you can get, but still more than half the people on FoxesTalk moan about him

If the Yak is going Turkey or somewhere then we obviously have to look elsewhere, where better than the country's top scorer last season who did pretty well previously in the Championship, in a shit promoted side?

Someone who knows where the net is, is always going to cost £2m or more, that's pretty much the entry level price, at least he (presumably) won't be on £40k a week like Premier League reject would be on top of the transfer fee

If the Thai's were worried about money then they wouldn't give it Sven to use, wait and see :)

Very True! Also, we've seen nothing yet on any of our players worthy fo a fee going out. I know there are rumours but it's true to say that each signing is closing opportunities for players like Oakley & Howard amongst others. It's all money in and freed up wages.

If Peterboro are challenging for promotion to the Prem next year I'd be seriously surprised. I'd be seriously surprised if they even stay up.

not saying they will but this goes towards them not even having remote chance and less likely to score in the 2 games we play them.

not saying they will but this goes towards them not even having remote chance and less likely to score in the 2 games we play them.

And also makes them less likely to score in the 2 games where all our rivals play them.. so doesn't count for a lot.

Pretty sure the rival in question is West Ham as it seems to be between the two of us, the chances of him staying at Pboro are probably zero now a fee has been accepted

well we should worry about our matches not what the other teams are doing

But you said it removes a threat from an opposition team :S

also factor in that it removes the main goal scoring threat from and opposition team

Looking on his stats on Skysports he played for Dagenham & Redbridge and is a London lad so he might want to return to London. I don't think he will be guaranteed 1st team football down there which is paramount in his decision to where he will play next season.

I was surprised when WE challenged for promotion for the first season that we were back! Though at the possibility of being hypocritical, I really think they'll struggle this season.

But....I have been wrong before. :dunno:

Spoke to a mate at work who is a P'boro fan today. Never been a better player in a P'boro shirt. Will give absolutely everything for 90 minutes, never stops running. Workrate second to none.

He will be a real favourite amongst the fans if this proves to be true. Pretty decent signing if Sven can pull this one off as well.

Possibly. I've just got a feeling that it might be CMS, Maynard, Nugent with Vassel on the bench in Sven's ideal world. Personally, I'd take that IF it happened.

we dont play with 3 strikers, unless 2 of them can play on the wing

maybe we will play 442

What I cant understand is that we,re willing to pay 3 million for CMS but not for Maynard. We only offered 2.5 million for Maynard and it dont look like we,re going to go in with an improved bid.

They want £5 million for Maynard.

Archived