Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Watched him in the play-off games and was quite impressed to be fair, on occasions looked second to the ball and got there first, always plays towards goal in a direct manor I would be happy to have him as part of our squad and he is available on a free this summer.

Its worth pointing out that he looked impressive in the division 1 play off final. i think there are much better options than that about....

"I know for a fact he wants one of my players."

How on earth does that suggest a done deal?!

"And if he gets one of my players i know him alone will get them back up" Nah thats just going to be a start of a deal aint it! :crylaugh:.

CM-S is out of contract in 12 months time, and is looking to move on.

He just turned 27, and he is getting better and better as a striker, and as an all round footballer.

We would be lucky to have him at Leicester, and my fear would be that he wouldnt come to us, and that he will sign for another club, maybe West Ham, Norwich or Birmingham.

He is a Craig Bellamy (but without his temparement) type of player, pacey, and like a wasp, never giving in.

He has spent an awful lot of his own time improving his fitness, strength and health, employing fitness coaches privately on top of what PUFC supply to the players.

He is a credit to his profession, if we dont buy him now, we would be foolish in the extreme..

Every negative comment about him on here is ignorant, and should be ignored.

We need skilled workers and football artisans to make a difference at this level, not expensive "Name" players on their way to becoming has been's.

The last time I was so sure about POSH players was when Matthew Etherington and Simon Davies broke through the youth ranks together, and I contacted the club (O'Neills era) to tell them that they were better than what we had in the Prem league - to no repsonse of course - and this is the first time that I have been so sure since.

I would love to see him in a Leicester shirt.

Not sure to be honest.

Under Pearson's system he'd have slotted in nicely but Eriksson demands a more technically and tactically astute player. If he came, I suspect he'd go the same way as Waghorn.

I'd rather have him than a lot of the Premier big money players we are being linked too, should be after players from the lower leagues than just above.

Not convinced he is top end Championship quality, but he deserves the chance.

Spot on, he is the Leagues leading goalscorer, and perhaps Leicester fans remember him from a year or so ago when Peterborough got relegated, and he didnt score at the same rate.

Well he is scoring hatfuls and improving all the time.

Far better to get an improving player hungry to succeed and make an impact, than someone going downhill, but with an "old reputation" that makes the chattering classes think we have got a class player.

Which is the bigger gamble, I would take an improving hungry player every time, its what gets all clubs on the front foot - look at Crawley - they didnt buy has-beens - on another level - Reading & Norwich - both taking people that are hungry, and with enough quality.

So enough of the disrespect to the top goalscorer in the entire 92 clubs, and lets get in and make an offer - before we miss the boat.

Guest Col city fan

I think he's improved an awful lot in the last 18 months. I genuinely reckon he'd be a seriously useful squad player. But as you say, as we have Waghorn there seems little point.

I said we should go for McKail-smith weeks ago but was criticised by many on here who said he's not good enough.. I don't agree, I think he'd do very well at city.. And his finishing is MUCH better than waghorns. I like his attitude and his work rate too

We need to be looking at players that are going to do it for us in the championship and then in the premiership if we were to go up. CMS is not one of these I don't think.

In the right team though he could do a job.

I said we should go for McKail-smith weeks ago but was criticised by many on here who said he's not good enough.. I don't agree, I think he'd do very well at city.. And his finishing is MUCH better than waghorns. I like his attitude and his work rate too

According to Sky Sport, today, he is quoted as saying he wants Premiership football next season.

Archived