Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

I agree with the point you are making in principle. But there are so many variables to the outcomes you are predicting. The only thing we know at the minute is that we have had a bid rejected for Maynard and a bid accepted for Mackail-Smith.

Look at it this way. We know Mackail-Smith scored over 30 goals last year, we can see that he has the work rate. As a striker, we need to make sure he gets the right service. If he does, he is going to score goals. One trait that the Championship rewards more than most is workrate. We have the players and play the right way to make sure he will get chances. After that it is up to him. I'm sure as a club, we have scouted him for a while and we know what we are bidding for.

As for Maynard, Yes he scored 20+ 2 years ago. However, he has had a serious injury since and hasn't proven himself fully since he came back. If fit I'm sure we would bring out the best in him. But with 12 months left on his contract I'm not sure he is worth more than £3 Million. And again, I'm sure as a club we are taking his history and contract in to account. Maybe we will go back with a new bid?

I think If you weigh up the options, Craig Mackail Smith is a good signing that will improve our team and score goals. Maynard is a gamble to some degree. But if nurtured could really blossom. I remember when we signed Darren Eadie, he was one of the best players I ever saw in a City shirt but sadly he was blighted by injury. He cost us £3.5 million..... (De Ja Vu???)

Having weighed up everything my heart says Maynard but my head says Mackail-Smith.

Sven knows best.

sensible well thought post :thumbup:

I agree with the point you are making in principle. But there are so many variables to the outcomes you are predicting. The only thing we know at the minute is that we have had a bid rejected for Maynard and a bid accepted for Mackail-Smith.

Look at it this way. We know Mackail-Smith scored over 30 goals last year, we can see that he has the work rate. As a striker, we need to make sure he gets the right service. If he does, he is going to score goals. One trait that the Championship rewards more than most is workrate. We have the players and play the right way to make sure he will get chances. After that it is up to him. I'm sure as a club, we have scouted him for a while and we know what we are bidding for.

As for Maynard, Yes he scored 20+ 2 years ago. However, he has had a serious injury since and hasn't proven himself fully since he came back. If fit I'm sure we would bring out the best in him. But with 12 months left on his contract I'm not sure he is worth more than £3 Million. And again, I'm sure as a club we are taking his history and contract in to account. Maybe we will go back with a new bid?

I think If you weigh up the options, Craig Mackail Smith is a good signing that will improve our team and score goals. Maynard is a gamble to some degree. But if nurtured could really blossom. I remember when we signed Darren Eadie, he was one of the best players I ever saw in a City shirt but sadly he was blighted by injury. He cost us £3.5 million..... (De Ja Vu???)

Having weighed up everything my heart says Maynard but my head says Mackail-Smith.

Sven knows best.

Good post, strongly agree. :thumbup:

Mackail Smith can go back to Gypo Land Peterboro if he's going to mess us around! We might as well withdraw the offer for him and use all of our energy to concentrate on Maynard or Andy Johnson or even Yakubu. If he's holding out for West Ham then I don't want him near our club. Works his socks off and was very good last season. But if he isn't interested then good riddance. :rolleyes:

No point thinking that Wymeswold fox.

Im sure Sven still have those players in the pipeline, Craig Mackail-Smith is a very good player top scorer in England last season and top scorer in League One it's impressive going. Peterborough were goalscoring machines and Mackail-Smith was finding the net nearly every week, plus we(Leicester) have better players to service him with.

Im sure we will get a couple more strikers because Sven will know, Howard, CMS and Waghorn is no way near good enough. With two to three more strikers coming in whether it's Heskey, Yakubu, Derbyshire, Maynard or Nugent we will have a good side and we will get another good striker.

Sven knows what he is doing if Mackail-Smith pulls through it's very good business he is a top striker, but some may not like his signing nothing wrong with it in my view.

No point thinking negative Wymeswold fox for one Nugent seems near enough complete, and Maynard wouldn't go to Forest if we have anything to do with it because Sven knows we will be missing out on a top striker to our rivals.

Think we'll go for Maynard if maynard makes it public he is open to a move, no point wasting time on a player if he is going to stay at brizzle. May as well find a target that will move.

Plus he is still on holiday.

For me CMS is the gamble, sure he was a prolific goalscorer last season but that was in League 1. We need a striker that can score 20+ in the Championship and I'm not sure this guy can. For me I wouldn't be happy if he was the first striker we signed, I would rather we had secured a player like the Yak, Maynard or a striker with a proven track record in our division first.

Also 3 million? Far too expensive.

For me CMS is the gamble, sure he was a prolific goalscorer last season but that was in League 1. We need a striker that can score 20+ in the Championship and I'm not sure this guy can. For me I wouldn't be happy if he was the first striker we signed, I would rather we had secured a player like the Yak, Maynard or a striker with a proven track record in our division first.

I'm thinking the same for another 850k ish we would probably get Maynard if he says he wants to leave! Am still holding out for the Yak!

27 year old CMS 34 goals in L1 we wanna pay £3 million for him.

24 year old Fryatt 32 goals in L1 we literally gave him away (well £1.2 million)

Excuse me if I'm baffled with this one!

27 year old CMS 34 goals in L1 we wanna pay £3 million for him.

24 year old Fryatt 32 goals in L1 we literally gave him away (well £1.2 million)

Excuse me if I'm baffled with this one!

I know it is very strange. It's the one occasion where I wouldn't mind West Ham poaching one of our potential signings.

Just been told there's a lot more than £10m at Svens disposal.

I make it roughly £2million spent so far on transfer fees alone, guessing there would need to be much more than £10 million if we wanted to sign CMS and Maynard, or do we only want one of the two?

Archived