Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Just been told there's a lot more than £10m at Svens disposal.

But surely the person who told you this would've kept it as a secret and not inform others about the sum of money Sven has actually got to sign players? :unsure:

If CMS is holding out for West Ham I would not even start negotiations, he keeps going on about 1st team football but I cant see him getting in the side there unless some of there current strikers leave.

They have

Frank Nouble, Frederic Piquionne, Freddie Sears, Carlton Cole and Boa Morte

If CMS is holding out for West Ham I would not even start negotiations, he keeps going on about 1st team football but I cant see him getting in the side there unless some of there current strikers leave.

They have

Frank Nouble, Frederic Piquionne, Freddie Sears, Carlton Cole and Boa Morte

Piquionne and Cole are probably off, and he'd definitely get in ahead of Nouble and Sears. Boa Morte's not even a striker.

But surely the person who told you this would've kept it as a secret and not inform others about the sum of money Sven has actually got to sign players? :unsure:

I'm just saying what I've been told, Jeez.

What is the actual update for this transfer saga then?

I hear that Leicester City made a bid that has been accepted, but CMS has rejected going to Norwich City and QPR. That's all I know, anyone got anything extra please?

erm... you've answered your own question.

Saw CMS a few times last year,im hoping he comes,he was a class act,and i think we could regret it it we dont sign him.He has improved so much.No i have not been drinking and this is coming from someone who has a soft spot for Cambridge Utd and hates Peterborough with a passion.oh and lower league players can make it Dion Dublin and Super stevie Claridge were unproven at this level!!

Guest ttfn

Do players wages factor into that ammount? Or is this purely for transfer fees?! Cheers.

It will definitely be "all in".

The fact is, all that "more than £10m" might mean is that the entire liability on the club may be more than £10m.

Let's take Danns for example. He cost £0, but on a three year deal at £15k a week (speculating), his cost to the club is £2.25m (or thereabouts). For CMS on similar wages, with a £2.5m (again, speculating) fee, that would be £4.75m, or £7m total so far. Throw in Kasper on a similar contract and Peltier on c.£5k per week and we're at £10m already, CMS permitting.

£10m seems like a massive budget for a club at our level, but in fact it's not, if that's what our definition of budget is. In which case a budget of £20m-£30m is probably pretty unsurprising for a club that are serious about promotion.

Surely we'd never consider spending that on transfer fees alone: we'd be mad to.

Guest ttfn

To those saying that you hope CMS doesn't sign, you've clearly not seen him for at least a year, if not two.

Fast, strong, good touch and a goalscorer to boot. He's played at this level before, scoring 10 goals in a stinking Posh side. He's improved markedly since then.

What's not to like? Admittedly the price is a bit steep, but he's hungry, desperate to play and very much on the up.

To those saying that you hope CMS doesn't sign, you've clearly not seen him for at least a year, if not two.

Fast, strong, good touch and a goalscorer to boot. He's played at this level before, scoring 10 goals in a stinking Posh side. He's improved markedly since then.

What's not to like? Admittedly the price is a bit steep, but he's hungry, desperate to play and very much on the up.

Would prefer Maynard.

It will definitely be "all in".

The fact is, all that "more than £10m" might mean is that the entire liability on the club may be more than £10m.

Let's take Danns for example. He cost £0, but on a three year deal at £15k a week (speculating), his cost to the club is £2.25m (or thereabouts). For CMS on similar wages, with a £2.5m (again, speculating) fee, that would be £4.75m, or £7m total so far. Throw in Kasper on a similar contract and Peltier on c.£5k per week and we're at £10m already, CMS permitting.

£10m seems like a massive budget for a club at our level, but in fact it's not, if that's what our definition of budget is. In which case a budget of £20m-£30m is probably pretty unsurprising for a club that are serious about promotion.

Surely we'd never consider spending that on transfer fees alone: we'd be mad to.

Another thing to consider aswell is signing on fees. Some one like Danns could command 500k+ especially as hes wanted by other clubs. A striker like CMS could be 1m. Norwich wouldnt give him 1m signing on fee.

Another thing to consider aswell is signing on fees. Some one like Danns could command 500k+ especially as hes wanted by other clubs. A striker like CMS could be 1m. Norwich wouldnt give him 1m signing on fee.

Also agent fees

Archived