Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

They way I see it.

3 mill is alot of wonga but that's the way football is going these days.

All those saying he didn't do alot last time in the championship. Well if you had put Rooney orTorres in that posh team then I don't think they would have got many more goals. Unless a striker is getting service then he can't finish.

Not saying CMS is as good as those two far from it but with a better team around you and supplying the balls then it does make it easier.

He was top scorer in league one last year and you don't bag that many by being crap.

Yes the step up is higher but as he has shown he's getting better each year.

If he does sign for 3 mill are the fans not going to give him a chance as they don't agree with the amount.

He doesn't set how much he goes for so should be backed and have faith put in him.

So would I want him here. Well if he works as hard for an avarage posh team and gives a 110% for us then yes I'll be proud to say he's a fox

You never know he may just turn out to be a gem for us and prove alot of you wrong or he could flop but I hope not.

Sven is an experienced manager and knows what he's doing and he can get the best out of him.

In Sven I trust and foxes till I die.

My Leicester supporting mate told me to read this thread, so I did. Wow.

Firstly, yes, the £3million price tag may seem a bit steep, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

If you'd have asked me a few seasons a go whether CMS would go for £3million, i'd have said don't be silly, laughed in your face and noted you down as an idiot, but he's a completely different player now, and easily the best player I've ever seen in a Peterborough shirt (cue jokes about not seeing many good players).

I don't need to mention his work rate, but against Carlisle this season, we were 6-0 up, and in the 93rd minute, we hoofed the ball down the pitch, CMS ran from the middle of our half, to prevent the ball going for a goalkick. There was no need for it, but that's what he is, a player who doesn't give up on ANYTHING until the final whistle is blown, then he stops.

Another example of that was against MK in the PO Semi at London Road. MK broke from a free kick, countering at pace. CMS ran from the edge of MKs 6 yard box to our goal line in 12 seconds to be on the line if MK got a shot away. How many strikers would do that? It wasn't required as a man well known in Leicester going by the name of Wesolowski produced an incredible tackle to stop them shooting, but the fact he did that, and did it with such pace really was an incredible sight.

His finishing has been suspect, he used to require 3/4 chances before he scored, and he's always been his harshest critic with that (and trust me, Londonroad.net were harsh about it) but in the Championship he learnt to be clinical, and over the summer, he worked even harder and this season he's been absolutely clinical. Everytime he was through on goal, you felt he would score.

For those doubting him for his one season in the Championship, do bare in mind our total, and what our midfield was. Exodus Geohaghon & Josh Simpson were our center midfield (Exodus recently was at Port Vale on loan, Simpson now plays for Crawley) whilst Sergio Torres & Dominic Green were our wingers (Torres now at Crawley, Dominic Green was last seen playing for St. Neots). That was not a Championship midfield, yet he bagged 10 goals. When Boyd left, he created most of the opportunities himself.

He's not just a goalscorer though, his all round game is impressive. His hold up play has improved massively which has helped Boyd (who chipped in with 17 this season!) because Boyd can just link up easily with that. I think CMS finished on 16 assists in all comps too as he was giving McCann a run for his money at one point. 16 assists and 35 goals in all comps, you can say what you want about League One but at any level that is very, very impressive.

Genuinely pacey, hard working, a goalscorer and an all round fantastic player. Not only that, but he's a gentleman too, he'll do loads for the community, he'll always be the last off the pitch applauding the fans, and he'll always make sure he can do whatever possible to make the fans happy. At Old Trafford, whilst the others were in the dressing room celebrating, Craig was out in the stands signing autographs for the fans. He really is fantastic.

If, after all this, you still doubt him, check all his goals from this season (I say all, the one in the PO final isn't on it, but thats it). You'll see how impressive he is, headers, left foot, right foot, powerful volleys, strength with a cheeky finish, pace and then slotting a one on one, or an extremely tight angle and finding the corner, he literally scored every type of goal possible.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xix52g_craig-mackail-smith-2010-11-season_sport

If he goes to you, you've got one hell of a player, and i'm absolutely gutted he's leaving, and the thought of playing him next season terrifies me as I know how good he is. Give him a chance, he'll do you proud.

I'd wager you all absolutely adore him by January, if not, I'll come back here and eat my words, and you're more than welcome to hold me to that, but I know he'll be a success.

Thanks!

Firstly, yes, the £3million price tag may seem a bit steep, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

If you'd have asked me a few seasons a go whether CMS would go for £3million, i'd have said don't be silly, laughed in your face and noted you down as an idiot, but he's a completely different player now, and easily the best player I've ever seen in a Peterborough shirt (cue jokes about not seeing many good players).

I don't need to mention his work rate, but against Carlisle this season, we were 6-0 up, and in the 93rd minute, we hoofed the ball down the pitch, CMS ran from the middle of our half, to prevent the ball going for a goalkick. There was no need for it, but that's what he is, a player who doesn't give up on ANYTHING until the final whistle is blown, then he stops.

Another example of that was against MK in the PO Semi at London Road. MK broke from a free kick, countering at pace. CMS ran from the edge of MKs 6 yard box to our goal line in 12 seconds to be on the line if MK got a shot away. How many strikers would do that? It wasn't required as a man well known in Leicester going by the name of Wesolowski produced an incredible tackle to stop them shooting, but the fact he did that, and did it with such pace really was an incredible sight.

His finishing has been suspect, he used to require 3/4 chances before he scored, and he's always been his harshest critic with that (and trust me, Londonroad.net were harsh about it) but in the Championship he learnt to be clinical, and over the summer, he worked even harder and this season he's been absolutely clinical. Everytime he was through on goal, you felt he would score.

For those doubting him for his one season in the Championship, do bare in mind our total, and what our midfield was. Exodus Geohaghon & Josh Simpson were our center midfield (Exodus recently was at Port Vale on loan, Simpson now plays for Crawley) whilst Sergio Torres & Dominic Green were our wingers (Torres now at Crawley, Dominic Green was last seen playing for St. Neots). That was not a Championship midfield, yet he bagged 10 goals. When Boyd left, he created most of the opportunities himself.

He's not just a goalscorer though, his all round game is impressive. His hold up play has improved massively which has helped Boyd (who chipped in with 17 this season!) because Boyd can just link up easily with that. I think CMS finished on 16 assists in all comps too as he was giving McCann a run for his money at one point. 16 assists and 35 goals in all comps, you can say what you want about League One but at any level that is very, very impressive.

Genuinely pacey, hard working, a goalscorer and an all round fantastic player. Not only that, but he's a gentleman too, he'll do loads for the community, he'll always be the last off the pitch applauding the fans, and he'll always make sure he can do whatever possible to make the fans happy. At Old Trafford, whilst the others were in the dressing room celebrating, Craig was out in the stands signing autographs for the fans. He really is fantastic.

If, after all this, you still doubt him, check all his goals from this season (I say all, the one in the PO final isn't on it, but thats it). You'll see how impressive he is, headers, left foot, right foot, powerful volleys, strength with a cheeky finish, pace and then slotting a one on one, or an extremely tight angle and finding the corner, he literally scored every type of goal possible.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xix52g_craig-mackail-smith-2010-11-season_sport

If he goes to you, you've got one hell of a player, and i'm absolutely gutted he's leaving, and the thought of playing him next season terrifies me as I know how good he is. Give him a chance, he'll do you proud.

I'd wager you all absolutely adore him by January, if not, I'll come back here and eat my words, and you're more than welcome to hold me to that, but I know he'll be a success.

Thanks!

so to sum up...

you are very keen on the 3 million.

only kidding, thanks for letting us know what we could be getting. :thumbup:

CMS was also one of the few strikers (Simon Cox of Swindon - now at West Brom - was another) who troubled our defence during the League 1 title campaign.

If his game has improved since then, he will be an asset to whoever signs him.

so to sum up...

you are very keen on the 3 million.

only kidding, thanks for letting us know what we could be getting. :thumbup:

lol

I love CMS, and as much as I'd love him to stay, that £3million will give us the chance to patch up the rest of our squad. You don't need to be a genius to work out our defensive problems. We can't afford to come to this league and concede 76 goals like we did in League One! :P

Happy to help, I'm quite surprised at the general reaction here, but then if I was a Leicester fan who hadn't seen CMS a lot, i'd probably be the same. It is a lot of money, but I have no doubt you'll all be screaming "bargain!" by the end of the season!

Fair play to you fella, good post! Time will tell I guess but it sounds like he could be holding out for West Ham.

Bert, what are the chances we could get both CMS and Maynard? I mean the clubs position on having both rather than the chance of each player wanting to come here.

lol

I love CMS, and as much as I'd love him to stay, that £3million will give us the chance to patch up the rest of our squad. You don't need to be a genius to work out our defensive problems. We can't afford to come to this league and concede 76 goals like we did in League One! :P

Happy to help, I'm quite surprised at the general reaction here, but then if I was a Leicester fan who hadn't seen CMS a lot, i'd probably be the same. It is a lot of money, but I have no doubt you'll all be screaming "bargain!" by the end of the season!

i think it has been an exciting day of transfers for our lot after weeks of speculation and rumours. 3 mil seems like a lot, but i most certainly wouldn't complain if he managed 20 goals for us this year.

It is, however, starting to dawn on me that we are really going for it this year (like we all expected i suppose), and its leaving me a little worried about what would happen if we were to miss out on promotion.

looks like its going to be a bumpy ride again this year. lots of pressure. very much looking forward to it.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I can't believe they actually think they can insert a clause where once sold he can't play against them. lol

Could you imagine that clause had been was legit and it happened everytime Trevour Benjamin changed clubs, he wouldn't be able to play against anyone.

Watching those goals and reading what the Posh fans have to say, there's no dispute that he's improved ten fold since he first went there. I'm always suspicious of players that ply their trade in the lower levels until they are mid twenties because there's a chance they'll revert back to that level if things don't work out. But if Sven thinks he's good enough for us then let's go for it. Our fans will love his style of play, he'll be completely different to Yakubu and that's all they want. So most of us will be happy. Hope he can make the step up.

http://www.dailymoti...11-season_sport

Thanks!

good post.

Out of interest, how's wesolowski getting on? Always liked that lad, could have done so much better that he has if it weren't for terrible luck with injuries.

Thanks!

Dear salesman and advertiser, you have done a great job to sell the idea to me to bring CMS in. Thank you for that.

SIGN HIM UP

Archived