Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

I'm happy to hear that Maynard is Leicesters first choice and I think it is wise for the club to give this a little more time. I think by this time next week we will know for sure.

Stoke have made a 3 million bid for Carlton Cole according to this source, so might use the money for CMS, they are holding out for 7 million though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008831/Stoke-make-3million-bid-West-Ham-striker-Carlton-Cole.html

West Ham will want a lot more than 3 mil for Cole. More like 7 mil is the report.

Does anyone worry about the amount of money we could be spending this summer?

I know it was Boro that spent a lot last season, and a lot of their players under performed last season. I know they bought in a lot of Scottish imports.

Now we are kind of in the same position as them, spending a lot whilst being pretty much favourites. does anyone feel that the pressure could get to us as we're going to/probably going to be spending a lot on wages and fees for players?

Sorry for being so negative, I just worry for our mighty club :/

I know it was Boro that spent a lot last season, and a lot of their players under performed last season. I know they bought in a lot of Scottish imports.

Now we are kind of in the same position as them, spending a lot whilst being pretty much favourites. does anyone feel that the pressure could get to us as we're going to/probably going to be spending a lot on wages and fees for players?

They had strachan incharge we have Sven.

The trouble with negativity is that you start to become a major pain in the ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Why worry at all. For the first time in the history of the club it has very wealthy owners who are no mans fools. With the appointment of the new CEO, who was a senior member of King Power Executive they have intergrated the two organisations. They are taking a calculated risk with THEIR money to get us to the Premier league if not next season, the following.

Appointing a manager like Sven means this type of investment was always going to happen. He is not at Leicester to survive being in the CCC.

They will have a business plan to drive significantly more revenue with this expenditure. If ticket prices don't go up look for them to drive attendence closer to 30000 than to 24000 this season. as well as Merchandise and Sponsorship. Maybe a lot from Asia.

The money these guys are spending will not send the club broke like before.

Just enjoy the New and mighty LCFC.

Why worry at all. For the first time in the history of the club it has very wealthy owners who are no mans fools. With the appointment of the new CEO, who was a senior member of King Power Executive they have intergrated the two organisations. They are taking a calculated risk with THEIR money to get us to the Premier league if not next season, the following.

Appointing a manager like Sven means this type of investment was always going to happen. He is not at Leicester to survive being in the CCC.

They will have a business plan to drive significantly more revenue with this expenditure. If ticket prices don't go up look for them to drive attendence closer to 30000 than to 24000 this season. as well as Merchandise and Sponsorship. Maybe a lot from Asia.

The money these guys are spending will not send the club broke like before.

Just enjoy the New and mighty LCFC.

Cracking post lad, I'm not normally the one for being negative, I just had a spur of the moment kinda thing :blush:

weve only spent £2 mill at the most on Schmeichel and Peltier....then the free agent Danns....we've not exactly broken the bank

I said the amount of money we COULD be spending.

Cracking post lad, I'm not normally the one for being negative, I just had a spur of the moment kinda thing :blush:

I said the amount of money we COULD be spending.

Thanks Adster. I really feel everyone commenting on the price the club are discussing paying for any player is frankly misguided under this regime. I understand how in the past managing to a very tight budget was critical to the survival of the club. But we are differnet now. Frankly the envy of all in the Championship. Our fans need to get that.

It is fun on forums to discuss what a player is worth and have we spent to much etc. But these people we have now owning and running the club are way better than anything we have had before. So it is going to take time for us fans to get used to real owners rather than a MAD Mandy.

If Sven wants a player and they deem the price is right and fits into the grand plan Sven will get his player.

I'm posting from my phone so I can't directly quote posts above. But I have to say that I agree with Hack wholeheartedly.

For years we've always been linked with the average joe and now we are being linked with quality players.

Clearly the owners are taking a financial risk, but that is business! if it works (and there is a good chance that it will), then the investment that the owners are making now will pay dividends!

I can't remember how long it's been since we had this level of ambition and the financial backing to make good those dreams.

I for one cannot wait for this season to start. I'm not under any illusions - I know it will be tough, but Sven and the owners are doing everything they can to give us the best possible chance of automatic promotion and lead us to the Premier League.

Thanks Adster. I really feel everyone commenting on the price the club are discussed paying for any player is frankly misguided under this regime. I understand how in the past managing to a very tight budget was critical to the survival of the club. But we are differnet now. Frankly the envy of all in the Championship. Our fans need to get that.

It is fun on forums to discuss what a player is worth and have we spent to much etc. But these people we have now owning and running the club are way better than anything we have had before. So it is going to take time for us fans to get used to real owners rather than a MAD Mandy.

If Sven wants a player and they deem the price is right and fits into the grand plan Sven will get his player.

We may be able to splash the cash again after 7 dour years and no doubt the expectations are somewhat cautiously high.

BUT... Now with Premier League clubs buying up 18-year olds for up to £12.5m (Sunderland for Connor WIckham) and the sums mentioned for Maynard, Mackail-Smith or Mills, the transfer fees have turned into a £££-fest. And I don't think it's healthy.

The recent acquisitions in Peltier, Danns and Schmeichel show to me that the owners, Sven and Neville are going for smart business - great value for little money. And for that I salute them.

It's a team game, you need a good team spirit - and having a very or two very expensive players who could possibly upset it all. Just my theory.

Guest Col city fan

We may be able to splash the cash again after 7 dour years and no doubt the expectations are somewhat cautiously high.

BUT... Now with Premier League clubs buying up 18-year olds for up to £12.5m (Sunderland for Connor WIckham) and the sums mentioned for Maynard, Mackail-Smith or

Mills, the transfer fees have turned into a £££-fest. And I don't think it's healthy.

The recent acquisitions in Peltier, Danns and Schmeichel show to me that the owners, Sven and Neville are going for smart business - great value for little money. And for that I salute them.

It's a team game, you need a good team spirit - and having a very or two very expensive players who could possibly upset it all. Just my theory.

This sums it up for me completely. Spot on

BUT... Now with Premier League clubs buying up 18-year olds for up to £12.5m (Sunderland for Connor WIckham) and the sums mentioned for Maynard, Mackail-Smith or Mills, the transfer fees have turned into a £££-fest. And I don't think it's healthy.

It is all about balance. The use of good quality free agents is great. None of us know what their wages are. maybe they are free agents because of their wage demands! As well the club will spend on transfer fees if they feel it offers the club the playing skill it wants and is considered value, even in todays inflated market. You are right some of the fees being payed in the game today is crazy. But until there is a CAP on fees and you have super rich owners, this is what it is. Our owners know what it takes to get to the big game and will spend accordingly. Not every player we will buy will cost 4-5 mil, some may. When you consider that it has been reported we had something like 12 targets ( I think the club will need at least that if not more once they clear out the guys who won't play for Sven) A substanstial number will need to be free.

We've got Sven he's not going to be stupid with money, he's well experienced, he's not gonna go blowing money away like manchini buying people left right and centre, if a player is asking to much wages or is to much Sven will just turn his head and go else where

We've got Sven he's not going to be stupid with money, he's well experienced, he's not gonna go blowing money away like manchini buying people left right and centre, if a player is asking to much wages or is to much Sven will just turn his head and go else where

Sven has little to do with it, he would have provided the beancounters with an A list, B list & C list and then gone and enjoyed his holiday.

Sven alone costs far more than most Premier League managers, never-mind the Championship. If we don't go up this year with increased amount of money the owners are lending the club's parent company, they will find it tough and we'll be left with a group of players on more money than the income in this division can support and will be on contracts that other clubs can't afford.

It's a gamble, but the alternative is to mill around in the Championship for years, occasionally flirting with relegation and/or the playofs, at least it's exciting and if we end up bankrupt in 2013/14 and take a 10 point hit & go down.... So what, League 1 wasn't so bad, sure it's not great if you do a Forest & stay down for years, but they're a strong club now and we would be at some point in the future, if the worst happened

*edit*

All of that wasn't a reply to you, just the 1st line. ;)

Are people that dumb that they think the signings are all the owners money?! Sure that's true but it's likely to be a loan to the club so we will have to pay them back eventually.

You are probably right. The owners may have loaned a certain amount to the club for use in the transfer market. So. If in the future the club has extended it's self beyond it's means ( I doubt this is going to happen) Then what? The owners who own 100% of the club, are they going to put it into administration? to achieve what exactly! How would they then recoup their investment then.

Archived