Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Close to a medical app, would this end the Maynard saga?

Probably not? maybe Sven is looking at partnering them up together? It would just baffle me a tad if this is Sven's second choice as they are totally different kinda strikers

I'd like to think if we ain't going to get Maynard we would look at someone similar..

I think the answer to the Maynard saga will probably come on Thursday if we don't put in a second offer just prior to Millen's meeting with Maynard on Friday.

On the CMS front. All the West Ham interest seems to have moved to Max Gradel. (There are a lot of rumours but nothing I've seen as a firm source on this).Perhaps when we offerred the £3m they decided it was over the top considering their other targets?

From everything I've read in the press etc it seems like we would be going in for both CMS and Maynard. If we got both tbh I'd ruin my boxers.

I agree. I suspect a top tactical move would be to make the offer the BCFC chairman can't refuse just prior to the meeting with Maynard where they were going to try to get him to sign an extension to his contract. IF they get an offer they can't refuse for a player who is, or wants to run out his contract then the pressure for him to speak to us will come from within BCFC as well as ourselves.

Of course, it doesn't guarantee he'd sign though. Apparently his Mum is his agent and she has a lot of influence over him. (Which probably means, if she's like most Mums she wants him to live round the corner and tell him his girl friends aren't good enough for him).

The Maynard deal seems fairly dormant to me, which is why we've turned our attention to CMS

Nugent is apparently a done thing, so I can see Nugent & CMS lining up for us with Howard & Schlupp on the bench (think Waggy will be sold, it just that the owners seem reluctant to lose too much money on him)

Although I can't see us playing 4-4-2 so I'm not sure how Nugent & CMS would line-up

Mackail-Smith has outlined his intention to leave London Road this summer Norwich City chief executive David McNally insists Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith did not turn down the club this summer.

Posh director of football Barry Fry claimed the player had rejected offers to move to Carrow Road and QPR.

But McNally used social networking site Twitter to respond, saying: "For the record, CMS did not turn down NCFC.

"Despite what Barry Fry might say. Our interest ended in March."

Posh rejected an approach from Norwich for the 27-year-old in March, which would have seen Mackail-Smith join the Canaries on loan with a view to a permanent switch.

The Norfolk side went on to win promotion to the Premier League and have subsequently bolstered their attacking options with the signings of Everton's James Vaughan and Millwall's Steve Morison.

The future of Mackail-Smith, who scored 35 goals last season, has become one of the summer's most protracted transfer stories.

Earlier this month Posh announced that a Premier League side had agreed a fee for the former Dagenham man, but no move has been forthcoming.

The only club confirmed to be in the running for the Scotland international's signature are Peterborough's Championship rivals Leicester, who had a bid accepted on Tuesday.

But Mackail-Smith has indicated he would prefer a switch to a top flight side.

He told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire in May: "I want to play at the highest level I can attain and I want to play in the Premier League.

"Though obviously it all depends on what kind of club comes in for me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13956351.stm

Mackail-Smith has outlined his intention to leave London Road this summer Norwich City chief executive David McNally insists Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith did not turn down the club this summer.

Posh director of football Barry Fry claimed the player had rejected offers to move to Carrow Road and QPR.

But McNally used social networking site Twitter to respond, saying: "For the record, CMS did not turn down NCFC.

"Despite what Barry Fry might say. Our interest ended in March."

Posh rejected an approach from Norwich for the 27-year-old in March, which would have seen Mackail-Smith join the Canaries on loan with a view to a permanent switch.

The Norfolk side went on to win promotion to the Premier League and have subsequently bolstered their attacking options with the signings of Everton's James Vaughan and Millwall's Steve Morison.

The future of Mackail-Smith, who scored 35 goals last season, has become one of the summer's most protracted transfer stories.

Earlier this month Posh announced that a Premier League side had agreed a fee for the former Dagenham man, but no move has been forthcoming.

The only club confirmed to be in the running for the Scotland international's signature are Peterborough's Championship rivals Leicester, who had a bid accepted on Tuesday.

But Mackail-Smith has indicated he would prefer a switch to a top flight side.

He told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire in May: "I want to play at the highest level I can attain and I want to play in the Premier League.

"Though obviously it all depends on what kind of club comes in for me."[/b]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13956351.stm

Here we go again. <_<

http://www.bournelocal.co.uk/sport/football/posh_chasing_manchester_united_s_tunnicliffe_1_2812852

Darren Ferguson admits Manchester United midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe would be a quality signing for Peterborough United.

But the Posh boss insists the 18 year-old is just one of many transfer targets on his radar, along with Yeovil defender Craig Alcock.

Ferguson confirmed yesterday’s story in The Evening Telegraph linking Posh with a move for the pair. Tunnicliffe, an England Under 19 international, would be a long-term loan signing if United officials sanction the deal.

“I have seen Ryan in action and he is a very good player,” Ferguson revealed. “But I don’t even know if Manchester United are going to loan him out anywhere.

“Ryan has not been sent out anywhere in his career, but he is already a very, very good player. He is one of numerous players I have shown an interest in, but that’s as far as it’s gone so far.

“Craig is also of interest to us. He is currently out of contract, but there could still be a fee determined by a tribunal as he is under 24.

“As I understand it the two clubs are trying to agree a transfer fee rather than let a tribunal get involved.

“Craig had an excellent season with Yeovil last season, mainly as a right-back.”

Tunnicliffe has yet to make a professional appearance. Alcock has played over 100 times for Yeovil, the team he joined as a trainee.

Posh are still hoping to bring in new players before the first team squad leave for their pre-season training camp in Portugal at the weekend.

Alcock was evasive yesterday when asked about the possibility of a move to London Road.

Alcock said: “I only know what I’ve read in the papers. I’m a Yeovil player until I hear otherwise.”

Posh are keen to complete the sale of star striker Craig Mackail-Smith as soon as possible to help them speed up their own expected transfer activity.

Mackail-Smith held talks with Leicester City manager Sven Goran Eriksson yesterday after Posh agreed a fee with their Championship rivals over the weekend.

Ferguson added: “I expect Craig to move soon as he will want to spend pre-season with his new team-mates.”

The article above is interesting but the vital part is the bit at the end re playing for a Premier league club.......'In an interview in May. Well, reality has certainly kicked in by now you'd think regarding Prem clubs who would make an offer.

Archived