Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Lazy? Does a lot more work than you notice, freeing up space for others etc.

Money Grabbing? 30k or 15k? I know which one I'd choose if I had a fifteen-year career.

Overweight? Is that what we call people who are stocky these days?

I wouldn't say he's lazy, I'd say he manages his energy efficiently.

This isn't to say CMS won't be a fantastic signing though, because he will.

Aye, edited my post as I didn't know what to put at first lol

Money Grabbing? 30k or 15k? I know which one I'd choose if I had a fifteen-year career.

Overweight? Is that what we call people who are stocky

these days?

Yeah the guy was pretty lazy IMO. Always seemed to me if the ball wasn't handed to him on a plate then he wasn't that interested. Could have done a lot more.

Yeah ok, maybe money grabbing was a tad harsh but if he's looking to play football at a club like ours then demanding those kinda is wages is a bit ridiculous.

Overweight? Is that what we call people who are stocky these days?

Wish i was as overweight as him!

I'm pretty sure Talksport were the ones who said we'd had £4mil + Waghorn accepted for Maynard, unreliable.

I'd take Stringer's word above them personally, but both well below the likes of BBC, Sky etc...

Comparing the workrate of Mackail-Smith to the workrate of Yakubu is like comparing the processing speed of a dual core 3gb processor to one found in a BBC Microcomputer.

Yakubu personifies the meaning of the word "lazy".

CMS will be an instant hit, whether he scores or not, his workrate will have the fans cheering for him from the minute he steps on the field of play.

Comparing the workrate of Mackail-Smith to the workrate of Yakubu is like comparing the processing speed of a dual core 3gb processor to one found in a BBC Microcomputer.

CMS will be an instant hit, whether he scores or not, his workrate will have the fans cheering for him from the minute he steps on the field of play.

I'm not interested in work rate, I'm interested in goals. :thumbup::unsure:

Well, one thing you can't say about Yakubu is that he's not efficient. He may look lazy and disinterested for most part during a match, but he delivers.

Comparing him to Mackail-Smith is a tiny bit unfair - much like putting a Mercedes next to a Porsche.

I'm not interested in work rate, I'm interested in goals. :thumbup::unsure:

We're all interested in goals but, on its own, the fact that he'll run around like a man possessed will have the fans right behind him from the off. Add to that his ability to finish and we're onto a winner.

He'll be very effective in a pacey 4-3-3 system. The system needs pacey players up front who aren't afraid to rotate rather than play something more rigid and predictable.

Yakubu is the exact model of someone who knows that he doesn't have to run all over the pitch to create opportunities for others and score goals himself.

And as someone said above, Goals > Workrate.

Doesn't sound like anything's agreed with the player yet. Still plenty of time for this to go tits up. And if CMS wanted this to go through above any other deal, it could've been kept quiet right? Sounds like his agent (& P'boro) are hoping for another bidder.

...or am I just being a complete pessimistic?

jasonbourne1986

Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony says #LCFC have been very professional in their approaches for Craig Mackail-Smith. First bid was rejected

jasonbourne1986

Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony also says Mackail-Smith is still subject of interest of West Ham but expects him to sign for #LCFC tomorrow

jasonbourne1986

He also says whoever signs Mackail-Smith will get promotion next season because of the goals he'll score for them #LCFC.

Archived