Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Will be well happy if this happens

Work with a couple of pboro fans and they love him

At this level work rate means a lot and after watching quite a few City games last year I didn't like the way Yak let the other teams defenders just bring it to the half way line without a challenge

Not knocking the Yak because that's not his game but I think defending from the front ie Norwich is a great advantage

I've watched City for years now as have most of you but I do now feel we're on the up and I think we're going to compete properly when we get there

Being fairly new here, how often is Bert right ??

50/50.

He did say Nugent was done a week or so ago, more reliable than Stringer though. :whistle:

Pagey...don't forget though that this is football we're talking about. Every day you hear about club's trying to hijack deals at the last minute. I trust Bert 100%, I just know it can go wrong at the last minute. That's my biggest fear for this deal. :ph34r:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Leicester-beating-West-Ham-in-race-for-3million-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-article754222.html

Sven Goran Eriksson is set to beat Sam Allardyce in a £3m scrap for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

Leicester boss Eriksson expects to clinch the signing of Mackail-Smith on Friday and secure a major coup for the Foxes.

Mackail-Smith has already rejected QPR and Norwich this summer and held talks with West Ham boss Sam Allardyce yesterday.

But the 27-year-old has decided on Leicester and will become the latest addition in a mega spending spree by Eriksson.

Leicester are also closing in on a £1.2m deal for Preston defender Sean St.Ledger and are in talks with free agent striker Matt Derbyshire.

Eriksson will also scrap Championship rivals Birmingham and Nottingham Forest for Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Leicester-beating-West-Ham-in-race-for-3million-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-article754222.html#ixzz1Qo1ONnPR

Didnt know he was on a free

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-city-closing-striker-Craig-Mackail/story-12862286-detail/story.html

Craig Mackail-Smith will hold talks with Leicester City today as he edges closer to a move to the Walkers Stadium, the Mercury understands.

Peterborough United have already accepted an offer from City for the 27-year Scotland international striker for an unconfirmed figure reported to be around £3 million.

Mackail-Smith scored 34 goals in 55 appearances in all competitions for Posh last season.

Posh director of football Barry Fry revealed that Mackail-Smith was due to speak to City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on the phone last Sunday.

The Mercury has learned the 27-year-old will now travel to Leicester today to hold face-to-face talks with City about a switch to join Eriksson's Championship promotion challenge.

A host of clubs have been linked with Mackail-Smith, who scored 11 times during his one and only season at Championship level two years ago.

Fry has confirmed Queens Park Rangers and Norwich City were interested, and a bid from West Ham United was rejected, while Wigan Athletic and Everton have also been reportedly considering a move for him.

City are at an equally advanced stage with a number of other transfer deals.

A fee of £1.2 million has been agreed with Preston North End for defender Sean St Ledger and City must now agree personal terms with the Republic of Ireland international.

St Ledger is currently on holiday having been given extra time off following a game for Ireland earlier this month.

City are also in the frame for Reading captain Matt Mills and have matched the offer of Premier League Wolverhampton Wanderers for the 24-year-old centre-back.

Wolves are believed to have offered £3 million but the offer was rejected as the Royals want £4 million.

City must weigh up whether to increase their offer and if they decide not to, or if talks drag on, then they will try to push through a deal with St Ledger.

Stoke City have also expressed an interest in Mills and may join the race if their attempt to sign Birmingham City's Scott Dann fails.

City have yet to return for Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard after having an initial bid rejected by the Robins.

Former Portsmouth striker David Nugent has still to accept an offer from City. The 26-year-old is said to be considering several offers.

Meanwhile, Jack Hobbs has finally completed his move to Hull City.

The 22-year-old defender and City's player of the year two seasons ago has joined the Tigers for an undisclosed fee, although it has been reported the deal could eventually be worth £1 million.

Mansfield Town have completed the signing of former City defender Luke O'Neill.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Leicester-beating-West-Ham-in-race-for-3million-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-article754222.html#ixzz1QnqG5q00

Sven Goran Eriksson is set to beat Sam Allardyce in a £3m scrap for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

Leicester boss Eriksson expects to clinch the signing of Mackail-Smith on Friday and secure a major coup for the Foxes.

Mackail-Smith has already rejected QPR and Norwich this summer and held talks with West Ham boss Sam Allardyce yesterday.

But the 27-year-old has decided on Leicester and will become the latest addition in a mega spending spree by Eriksson.

Leicester are also closing in on a £1.2m deal for Preston defender Sean St.Ledger and are in talks with free agent striker Matt Derbyshire.

Eriksson will also scrap Championship rivals Birmingham and Nottingham Forest for Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge.

Very happy if this goes through which is looking more and more likely.

3 million is a lot and probably would have cost half that a year ago but he will run all day long and has shown he knows where the net is.

I like the idea of him rejecting other clubs too, shows he wants to be playing week in, week out and isn't afraid to turn down Prem football to achieve that.

Not heard one bad word said about him from Posh fans too which is very rare.

Sign him up and Nugent and it will be real wet dream time if we get Maynard too, but come on, surely not?!!!

Very happy if this goes through which is looking more and more likely.

3 million is a lot and probably would have cost half that a year ago but he will run all day long and has shown he knows where the net is.

I like the idea of him rejecting other clubs too, shows he wants to be playing week in, week out and isn't afraid to turn down Prem football to achieve that.

Not heard one bad word said about him from Posh fans too which is very rare.

Sign him up and Nugent and it will be real wet dream time if we get Maynard too, but come on, surely not?!!!

this is leicester city, god noes what will happen :rolleyes:

Just a quick one as it looks certain you will sign our Craig.

The lad is everything you would ask of a player at your club.

He's professional, works hard, scores goals, never causes any problems (Other than to the opposition) and if I am honest I think he will be the difference for you

being higher up the league than WH.

Forget his goals for a minute and you have a player that will create goals by chasing lost causes, causes that would normally role out for

a goal kick but instead you have a dangerous throw in or a corner.

He will make defenders make mistakes that you will score from.

This will equate to 20 goals at least in a season, then you add his 20 goals that I am sure he will get in your team and you have it, not just promotion but the title.

I am off to the bookies the moment he signs. You for the Title and CMS as the Championships top goal scorer.

Good luck and look after the best player and the nicest bloke that I've ever seen at Posh.

All the best.

Archived