Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Just a quick one as it looks certain you will sign our Craig.

The lad is everything you would ask of a player at your club.

He's professional, works hard, scores goals, never causes any problems (Other than to the opposition) and if I am honest I think he will be the difference for you

being higher up the league than WH.

Forget his goals for a minute and you have a player that will create goals by chasing lost causes, causes that would normally role out for

a goal kick but instead you have a dangerous throw in or a corner.

He will make defenders make mistakes that you will score from.

This will equate to 20 goals at least in a season, then you add his 20 goals that I am sure he will get in your team and you have it, not just promotion but the title.

I am off to the bookies the moment he signs. You for the Title and CMS as the Championships top goal scorer.

Good luck and look after the best player and the nicest bloke that I've ever seen at Posh.

All the best.

Cheers for the response mate, much appreciated. I hope he'll be a great player for us, I reckon he will.

He's professional, works hard, scores goals, never causes any problems (Other than to the opposition) and if I am honest I think he will be the difference for you

Forget his goals for a minute and you have a player that will create goals by chasing lost causes, causes that would normally role out for

This will equate to 20 goals at least in a season, then you add his 20 goals that I am sure he will get in your team and you have it, not just promotion but the title.

I am off to the bookies the moment he signs. You for the Title and CMS as the Championships top goal scorer.

Good luck and look after the best player and the nicest bloke that I've ever seen at Posh.

All the best.

Haha, I like the sound of that ;)

Cheers buddy, good luck next season.

All the best.

Cheers mate! Always rated him and you did well to hold on to him for so long as I do think he will be a top Championship player and as the bids from QPR and Norwich suggest, also a useful asset to have in the Prem.

Good luck for next season and I hope you are right about us being crowned Champions!! :trumpet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13991715.stm

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony is confident striker Craig Mackail-Smith will join Leicester City, possibly before the weekend.

The 27-year-old will meet Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on Friday after the clubs agreed a fee earlier in the week.

MacAnthony said West Ham are still interested in the forward but told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire: "I would expect him to sign for Leicester on Friday."

The Posh chief added that Brighton have made two failed bids for the striker.

"Brighton came to the table with a strong offer but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as Leicester," he said.

"West Ham made a very serious enquiry, I believe they're still very interested."

Continue reading the main story

Leicester are a big club and they're having a right go, you'd expect them to be challenging next season

Darren Ferguson Peterborough boss

But he added: "I presume if Sven gets on with Craig he'll be a Leicester City player on Friday."

Mackail-Smith, Posh's 35-goal top scorer last season, has been at the centre of a protracted transfer saga ever since Norwich City had an offer rejected for him in March.

QPR were understood to have agreed a fee for the former Dagenham man this summer, but the player and Loftus Road club failed to complete a deal.

A move to Leicester, Peterborough's Championship rivals, would be in spite of Mackail-Smith's desire to join a Premier League side.

But Posh boss Darren Ferguson has backed the potential switch, saying: "He spoke to QPR and the rest of it, I actually don't know what went on.

"Listen, Leicester are a big club and they're having a right go, they're spending some serious money and you'd expect them to be challenging next season.

"If Craig feels it's the right move for him we wish him all the best."

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony is confident striker Craig Mackail-Smith will join Leicester City, possibly before the weekend.

The 27-year-old will meet Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on Friday after the clubs agreed a fee earlier in the week.

MacAnthony said West Ham are still interested in the forward but told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire: "I would expect him to sign for Leicester on Friday."

The Posh chief added that Brighton have made two failed bids for the striker.

"Brighton came to the table with a strong offer but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as Leicester," he said.

"West Ham made a very serious enquiry, I believe they're still very interested."

Continue reading the main story

Leicester are a big club massive club and they're having a right go, you'd expect them to be challenging next season

Darren Ferguson

Peterborough boss

But he added: "I presume if Sven gets on with Craig he'll be a Leicester City player on Friday."

Mackail-Smith, Posh's 35-goal top scorer last season, has been at the centre of a protracted transfer saga ever since Norwich City had an offer rejected for him in March.

QPR were understood to have agreed a fee for the former Dagenham man this summer, but the player and Loftus Road club failed to complete a deal.

A move to Leicester, Peterborough's Championship rivals, would be in spite of Mackail-Smith's desire to join a Premier League side.

But Posh boss Darren Ferguson has backed the potential switch, saying: "He spoke to QPR and the rest of it, I actually don't know what went on.

"Listen, Leicester are a big club massive club and they're having a right go, they're spending some serious money and you'd expect them to be challenging next season.

"If Craig feels it's the right move for him we wish him all the best."

hehe

I hope stringer is correct.

Also, cheers to all the Posh fans that have come on here and been decent about it. Can't imagine our fans been as decent if another club came in for one of our star players. Brizzle City, take note!! :whistle:

I hope stringer is correct.

Also, cheers to all the Posh fans that have come on here and been decent about it. Can't imagine our fans been as decent if another club came in for one of our star players. Brizzle City, take note!! :whistle:

You say that, but when Heskey moved to Liverpool most fans saw it as a deal he and club couldn't turn down, that he had earned it and wished him well.

All the best.

Cheers for the info mate, sounds alot like a certain Paul Dickov back in his prime.

Cheers for the info mate, sounds alot like a certain Paul Dickov back in his prime.

That's the trouble with our fans, they only remember the Dickov from last time, they forget about him when he first came here. I remember him chasing lost causes, winning balls he had no right to get to and scoring. He still won't be good enough for some sections of fans, especially when Maynard doesn't come. We'll probably end up with CMS/Derbyshire/Nugent plus hopefully Waggy will stay. A lot won't be happy with that.

must be a joke..?

what? I simply do not understand why everyone hates him.

So what he plays as a forward and scored once? It's just hypocrisy, one moment supporting heskeys role in the england squad as a goal creator and then slating yann for doing the same at leicester. He creates chances.

So what he plays as a forward and scored once? It's just hypocrisy, one moment supporting heskeys role in the england squad as a goal creator and then slating yann for doing the same at leicester. He creates chances.

Errr.....did you completely miss the complete piss take of a penalty against Cardiff?

In fact, jog on WUM.

It comes down to one moment really. He tries to do a fancy chip penalty at completely the wrong time!! It was a huge error on his part. A game of that magnitude, you do not try something like that. Inexcusably really.

Archived