Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

fryatt did good for us in league one and was pretty appalling in championship when we got promoted, i think craig mackail-smith should be grateful to be going to a high championship club, whoever buys him from the premier is taking a big risk and no doubt he will end up going out on loan to a championship club next season when he isnt shipping in goals in the prem.

Guest parky0607

fryatt did good for us in league one and was pretty appalling in championship when we got promoted

Did I miss something?

Spot on, he is the Leagues leading goalscorer, and perhaps Leicester fans remember him from a year or so ago when Peterborough got relegated, and he didnt score at the same rate.

Well he is scoring hatfuls and improving all the time.

Far better to get an improving player hungry to succeed and make an impact, than someone going downhill, but with an "old reputation" that makes the chattering classes think we have got a class player.

Which is the bigger gamble, I would take an improving hungry player every time, its what gets all clubs on the front foot - look at Crawley - they didnt buy has-beens - on another level - Reading & Norwich - both taking people that are hungry, and with enough quality.

So enough of the disrespect to the top goalscorer in the entire 92 clubs, and lets get in and make an offer - before we miss the boat.

Spot on that is

It's funny how PL team Norwich are trying to get him but I suspect a large amount of Leicester supporters wouldn't be happy if we bought him in. I wouldn't be over the moon either, but it just goes to show how much our expectation has inflated.

How many strikers are Norwich goin to buy if they do buy mackail smith does that mean Simeon jackson is available or maybe even grant holt since they have bought vaughan

They also made a bid for Morison from Millwall.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely nothing to suggest us at all but figured i'd post this anyway seeing as we have a thread about him.

Taken from SSN Transfer clockwatch moments ago.

Peterborough United have confirmed that striker Craig Mackail-Smith is holding talks with three clubs this week.

We made an offer but 'fell short', according to their chairman.

yeah he's been posting on twitter, how very professional, another club leaking our interest in hope of driving the price up, real downside to everyone knowing we have cash to spend.

Has anyone actually seen the amount of mistakes and misses he makes?!

Yeah looks like he needs 6/7 chances until he scores, and thats from the games I've seen in League one. No doubt he's a decent player but I'd rather look elsewhere.

Guest Col city fan

Yeah looks like he needs 6/7 chances until he scores, and thats from the games I've seen in League one. No doubt he's a decent player but I'd rather look elsewhere.

6 or 7 chances before he scores! Bloody hell he must have had a lot of chances last season then!

Only one Prem club interested in CMS...he wasn't happy about something in the contract and they gave him a deadline of today to make his mind up. Fry said he's not going there [for now]. West Ham have enquired, not offered anything though. I think this is where he will end up. I don't really think he's on our radar.

Archived