Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

I'm not sure why people are so picky with our signings when you have no factor on the outcome!

Chill out big man, it's a forum so you you might find opinions knocking about from time to time, regardless of whether Sven is reading them and ensuring all our posts factor in on his decisions.

Chill out big man, it's a forum so you you might find opinions knocking about from time to time, regardless of whether Sven is reading them and ensuring all our posts factor in on his decisions.

lol

Because they rate him.

I understand people may rate him but the bit that confuses me is the various facts that people seem to be overlooking. He is unproven in the Championship and he is ridiculously over priced. For me he is a gamble rather than a must sign.

I think its fair to say that all players in today's Market are over priced. We are in the difficult position of a) needing a striker b) other clubs know we have that bit extra to spend so inflate the player prices and c) competing for signings with some big clubs with a similar goal of prem football

If we want promotion we are going to have to bite the bullet and pay inflated prices.

most probably down to the fact we have only signed a goalkeeper, rightback and a midfielder and Sven wanted a squad ready for preseason.

what meager pickings that are around are being fought over by a few clubs and we could yet end up with a squad inadequate to get automatic promotion.

I think its fair to say that all players in today's Market are over priced. We are in the difficult position of a) needing a striker b) other clubs know we have that bit extra to spend so inflate the player prices and c) competing for signings with some big clubs with a similar goal of prem football

If we want promotion we are going to have to bite the bullet and pay inflated prices.

Yeah I agree. It just strikes me as strange that with players like the Yak, who is a proven goalscorer at the level we will be playing, being disregarded due to money (even though he is only 2 million, I can only guess his weekly wage is huge)that we are throwing such a large amount at a player who is 27 years old and unproven in the championship.

Yeah I agree. It just strikes me as strange that with players like the Yak, who is a proven goalscorer at the level we will be playing, being disregarded due to money (even though he is only 2 million, I can only guess his weekly wage is huge)that we are throwing such a large amount at a player who is 27 years old and unproven in the championship.

has it been announced that yak deal is off due to the money then ??

He scored 34 goals. That clearly shows he is a class above. If he is given the chances he will score.

As another poster stated before Matt Fryatt scored 32 goals in League 1 and we sold him for 1.5 million. Now we are trying to buy a similar player for 3 million.

I hope he can do the same for us next season, I just think it isn't certain and for 3 million it should be.

Would a signing be announced on a Sat/Sun?

It's quite possible that the Mercury may be holding news of a signing back until tomorrow morning so that they could run the story (and a possible interview) as an exclusive.

According to rumour, weak sources and my own assumption due to the fact that we are pursuing other strikers.

in other words thats a no..

we dont know if/why the yakubu deal hasnt happened so cant realy compare this deal against that one

As another poster stated before Matt Fryatt scored 32 goals in League 1 and we sold him for 1.5 million. Now we are trying to buy a similar player for 3 million.

I hope he can do the same for us next season, I just think it isn't certain and for 3 million it should be.

Take out the the jaw injury and I think Fryatt would have got 20 odd, Sven will peruse other strikers too Maynard deal isn't dead until Sven says so..

Archived