Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

CMS will give 100% for whoever signs him.

He lives with Barry Fry's daughter and they are having a baby, theres every chance that he could travel from his home in Crowland (near Peterborough) to train with Leicester every day (about an hours drive) which if everything else is equal (money, signing on fee etc) could tip the balance in our favour.

In the meantime, all the quality signing we are making will no doubt act as a persuader too.

Keep The Faith.

I get the impression that CMS does not seem keen to buy into the Leicester dream otherwise he would have signed yesterday

if that is the case i think we should move on and look elswhere as i dont think he would be a unaminous signing

As Bert pointed out yesterday he rejected the hammers, they may have hit back with a return bid but that's agents for you, any way don't forget that this deal (at least I think it does) contains Kennedy! So the stalling could be on his behalf!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7015703,00.html

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has conceded Craig Mackail-Smith has yet to make up his mind over who to join.

Leicester City and West Ham are thought to head a list of suitors for a player who scored 35 goals last season.

It was expected the talented striker would move to the Foxes after Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on Friday a deal was looking imminent.

QPR are also thought to be in the running though and Fry has now revealed he is waiting on an answer from the Scotland international.

With Peterborough unable to make market moves of their own until the transfer has been sorted, Fry admits he is becoming increasingly frustrated by the situation.

"I can tell you that the chairman Darragh MacAnthony has accepted three bids and given three clubs permission to speak to Craig and his agent, two of those clubs, West Ham and Leicester have spoken to them," he told Talk Sport.

"Prior to that Neil Warnock at QPR was given permission to talk to him but I haven't spoken to Craig for three days so he obviously hasn't agreed terms with West Ham or Leicester.

"There are seven other bids that we've turned down that are very substantial, four other clubs have been on to me to say that they're selling their centre forward for so much and they want to put half of that into buying Craig, things like that.

"We've given Craig the opportunity to speak to three clubs and as of yet he's not decided to go anywhere which is very frustrating from our point of view.

"The boy scored 35 goals in the league last year, he's got 99 goals in four seasons with Peterborough, the chairman said stay another year help us get back into the Championship and we won't stand in your way.

"We were hoping that he'd be gone by now because we've got targets as well that we're trying to get in."

why don't we save the cash and start playing Waghorn again! we signed him for 3m! 13 goals in his first season and 5 last season and either came off the bench or played on the wing! play him down the middle with two new wide men either side.!

why don't we save the cash and start playing Waghorn again! we signed him for 3m! 13 goals in his first season and 5 last season and either came off the bench or played on the wing! play him down the middle with two new wide men either side.!

lol lol lol

I'll be massively pissed off if he doesn't sign for us, not because we wouldn't be getting him, but because he would be strengthning a rival.

EDIT: but if he doesn't sign, we know there is £3million plus to spend on an alternative striker.

Sure knows how to keep everyone waiting don't he. Good player but if hes gonna piss around then have done with it.

agree why didnt we put a time on when Nugent etc could sign its just pissing us about. If they really wanted to play for us i think they would of signed!

I like this. Potentialy our next best option.

I like this. Potentialy our next best option.

I like Waghorn & think he's a worthy addition to our squad, he should have got more game-time last season coming off the bench earlier than he did in some games & playing in the middle... he also need a lot of coaching to bring him on and I'm sure he'll be fine

However as much as I like him, I think it's a bit delusional to think he can fire us to the top 2, his price has got nothing to do with it other than we had some money at the time & left it late to buy him on transfer deadline, when only mugs & fools do business, and didn't really have a choice but to fork out.

I'd like him to sign for us but I keep going backwards and forwards between the following three scenarios:

1. He is weighing up his options and most likely will sign for us on Monday

2. West Ham have turned his head and he'll bugger off there on Monday

3. The deal is waiting for Kennedy to agree terms with Posh and it'll all be sorted and unveiled on Monday

Heart is saying 1, head is saying 2. Hope I'm wrong though! Hopefully it's number 3!

Archived