Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

I'd but money on CMS going to QPR. Posh's nobhead chairman is a sly little pr1ck. All of that talk about him "fully expecting Craig to sign for us by Friday" was nothing more than a well-considered alert to other clubs that this was there last chance to make an offer..... so in steps Neil Warnock.

CMS will be be a QPR player by Monday or I'll eat my hat.

Tend to agree although my money's on a different london club.

The fact we've bid 3mill for a striker should be the big news here though - Sooner CMS makes his mind up the better so we can move on if necessary - Billy Sharp next for me. Younger, and to my mind a better player anyway.

You might want to start chewing then boy, because he rejected QPR last week...

I just can't see him going anywhere except QPR, particularly if Taarabt ends up joining PSG. Plus MacAnthony has stated he doesn't know if CMS has spoken to QPR. I know it was reported last week that he'd turned them down, but I can't find any concrete evidence of this.

I think my hat's safe.

I just can't see him going anywhere except QPR, particularly if Taarabt ends up joining PSG. Plus MacAnthony has stated he doesn't know if CMS has spoken to QPR. I know it was reported last week that he'd turned them down, but I can't find any concrete evidence of this.

I think my hat's safe.

We shall see mate, I hope you choke on it though :giggle:

I think my hat's safe.

If not, you are to eat this one.

0429-beatrice-princess-royal-wedding-crazy-hats_we.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11711_7015703,00.html

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has conceded Craig Mackail-Smith has yet to make up his mind over who to join.

Leicester City and West Ham are thought to head a list of suitors for a player who scored 35 goals last season.

It was expected the talented striker would move to the Foxes after Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on Friday a deal was looking imminent.

QPR are also thought to be in the running though and Fry has now revealed he is waiting on an answer from the Scotland international.

With Peterborough unable to make market moves of their own until the transfer has been sorted, Fry admits he is becoming increasingly frustrated by the situation.

"I can tell you that the chairman Darragh MacAnthony has accepted three bids and given three clubs permission to speak to Craig and his agent, two of those clubs, West Ham and Leicester have spoken to them," he told Talk Sport.

"Prior to that Neil Warnock at QPR was given permission to talk to him but I haven't spoken to Craig for three days so he obviously hasn't agreed terms with West Ham or Leicester.

"There are seven other bids that we've turned down that are very substantial, four other clubs have been on to me to say that they're selling their centre forward for so much and they want to put half of that into buying Craig, things like that.

"We've given Craig the opportunity to speak to three clubs and as of yet he's not decided to go anywhere which is very frustrating from our point of view.

"The boy scored 35 goals in the league last year, he's got 99 goals in four seasons with Peterborough, the chairman said stay another year help us get back into the Championship and we won't stand in your way.

"We were hoping that he'd be gone by now because we've got targets as well that we're trying to get in."

I thought Bert said he was signing for us last Friday. :rolleyes:

He only passes on what he has been told, but as he has stated himself... things can change quickly. Until it's on the OS take everything with a pinch of salt.

Oh well plenty other alternatives out there;

Lee Novak

Leroy Lita

Kris Boyd

Earnshaw

Billy Sharp

Le Fondre

Jordan Rhodes

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Richard Lambert

Glen Murray

Will Hoskins (Did well considering Bristol Rovers got relegated)

Brett Pitman

Matt Derbyshire

Yakubu (Yes this is still possible)

To name a few... We iz massive

Guest ttfn

Oh well plenty other alternatives out there;

Lee Novak

Leroy Lita

Kris Boyd

Earnshaw

Billy Sharp

Le Fondre

Jordan Rhodes

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Richard Lambert

Glen Murray

Will Hoskins (Did well considering Bristol Rovers got relegated)

Brett Pitman

Matt Derbyshire

Yakubu (Yes this is still possible)

To name a few... We iz massive

Other than Yakubu, and arguably Derbyshire, none of those players would be anywhere near as good of a signing as CMS or Maynard.

It's clear that Sven is looking for a mobile striker with an eye for goal. Barely any of those mentioned fulfil those criteria.

They wouldn't fill it, you're deluded! It's an 80,000 seater, even Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City would struggle to fill it!

As for Leyton Orient, I sympathise with them.. It's like if Forest built a new ground in Leicester and you'd find a lot of locals then supporting them instead of us which if you're a small club like Orient, could be catastrophic.

It's being reduced to 60K after the olympics.

Guest ttfn

Whilst i'd like either him or maynard, its important to remember we have our own quality young striker in waggy

I think that if Waghorn had anything approaching a decent first touch, he'd be exactly what we're looking for. He's young, fast, strong and not a bad finisher. But his first touch makes Robbie Neilson look like Pele.

Archived