Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Is Bert putting himself on a pedestal though?

If he`s put on a pedestal, it`s by some of us on here, thats not his fault.

Would you rather he keep any info to himself?

I think Bert is just a city fan, who finds himself in the position of knowing a few things going on down there, and is willing to share the info, because he knows as city fans we would want to know.

We had knowitall on here, who was pretty good with info too, but was given stick over the Simon Cox transfer not happening, and was never seen again.

Talking balls had someone called madbiker a few years back, who was reliable, but was driven off.

Still, i suppose we could just rely on the all knowing Stringer from Radio Leicester, he will always let us know whats going on, but "don`t forget to tune into the breakfast show on Radio Leicester for some exciting transfer news"!

Stringer is a City fan too.

The difference is that he works for an organisation who would expect him to back his stories with cast-iron sources.

Imagine the hammering he would have got from folk on here (and on various other boards) if he'd have splashed this story.

That's why he and Tanner tend to be a lot more cautious on reporting transfer deals, unless they've been cleared by official club sources.

Why are people such twats on this forum now!

Even if Bert didn't release this information. Sky sports and other media sources had Mackail Smith SET to sign for Leicester.

Like Bert said if you dont like it you dont have to read what he puts, the guy is honest and tells us as much as he is told.

Stringer is a City fan too.

The difference is that he works for an organisation who would expect him to back his stories with cast-iron sources.

Imagine the hammering he would have got from folk on here (and on various other boards) if he'd have splashed this story.

That's why he and Tanner tend to be a lot more cautious on reporting transfer deals, unless they've been cleared by official club sources.

Is that the same stringer who the other night, said on twitter, that nugent was nailed on to sign on Thursday.

He said that apparently, so he said the next day, because of something he had read in a newspaper, not because of any knowledge, at the time.

Your right though, because he works for the media, he should be certain about his sources info, before releasing them.

Bert on the other hand, doesn`t to my knowledge anyway, claim to work for the media, and is actually not answerable to anyone but himself.

I come on this Forum in the search for reliable information, there are a few who post this reliable information and a few who post sensible comments etc. There are also quite a few who post anything presumably just to post.

In the few months i have been a member and the years i just read the forum Bert has proved very reliable, I am happy with his information, if he gets one wrong so what?

If Mackail-Smith dosen't sign what does that mean? It means he has changed his mind since Bert posted, if he has, at least Sven can now move on to the next target.

I didn't really rate Mackail-Smith anyway but if he signs I give him my full support but for now Sven and Bert you both have my full support.

Why give bert stick when the lads trying to give information and making ****ing stupid comments like " Bert OUT!" not only do you make yourself like a complete twat

If you can't see that that was a joke then I don't think you're going to get much around here.

We all wish there were more people like Bert with a little info for us to drool or rail over.

Without his input this site would be a sadder place.

This thread has turned embarrassing.

Transfer rarley go through over the weekend, so either he's making his decision this weekend or it will be confirmed tomorrow.

Stringer said on friday: 'Re Craig Mackail-Smith to #lcfc - it's my understanding he met Sven this morning. Not expecting confirmation today but I believe he's a Fox!'

So where was the guarantee he was signing friday? im guessing sven and co were busy enough first day back without having to make signings too.

TheNewStatsman Mark Charlton

Rob has story on the latest in the fight to sign CMS - there's been developments - other teams trying to scupper deal #LCFC

TheNewStatsman Mark Charlton

@ @Steve_prior2010 City still confident they've got their man

Chillax peeps. Sounds like we're in a good place with this deal and if it doesn't happen it'll be because he doesn't want to play for LCFC, which means we shouldn't want him to. Let's just see what happens. Other teams trying to scupper the deal shows how highly sought after he is and how much of a threat we are posing to the league next season.

Chillax peeps. Sounds like we're in a good place with this deal and if it doesn't happen it'll be because he doesn't want to play for LCFC, which means we shouldn't want him to. Let's just see what happens. Other teams trying to scupper the deal shows how highly sought after he is and how much of a threat we are posing to the league next season.

well said number 6 :thumbup:

I was at the 20/20 today and heard that Mackail-Smith has opted for Brighton...might be nothing but there you go.

Why the hell would he choose Brighton over us or West Ham?? Surely that's not a step forward in his career

Why the hell would he choose Brighton over us or West Ham?? Surely that's not a step forward in his career

I don't think it has anything to do with us and the ammers being the bigger clubs,same as the Supposed Nugent deal...its all about money.

Berts information is handy to know, but anyone taking it as gospel is a fool to themselves. (not because Bert is a liar or owt, but because things can change)

Personally I'll not believe CMS is our player until I've seen the picture of him with his shirt and sven at the ground or whatever.

his your god then so you listen to every thing he says. did he or did he not say cms was going to sign on friday . so explain why im an idiot if this is not true

The first thing that stands out to me, apart from your childish post, is that you are an idiot, because your spelling and punctuation, also, prove you to be such.

Archived