Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

To be fair i've never wanted us to sign him from the start (especially at that price). Wanted Maynard all along and by the sounds of it we will be bidding again for him this week even if it's an extra mil. Sounds to me like he's going Brighton. If so we don't need players that are greedy and don't want to play for us.

If this is the future of transfer speculation then I'm fooking concerned. To think the "powers above" are toying with the idea of introducing us to aliens in the hope that overreaction is a thing of the past!

I'd love to know the average age of this forum?

Stringer is a City fan too.

The difference is that he works for an organisation who would expect him to back his stories with cast-iron sources.

Imagine the hammering he would have got from folk on here (and on various other boards) if he'd have splashed this story.

That's why he and Tanner tend to be a lot more cautious on reporting transfer deals, unless they've been cleared by official club sources.

How in gods name can you compare 2 known journo's with a unknown poster who is clearly in the know. They have to be more careful with the timing of their info. They are trying to sell papers. They have clear motives. Bert is a fan giving the best info he has.

How in gods name can you compare 2 known journo's with a unknown poster who is clearly in the know. They have to be more careful with the timing of their info. They are trying to sell papers. They have clear motives. Bert is a fan giving the best info he has.

Except he isn't..

Although even if Bert had spoken to CMS himself, the info gleaned wouldn't be totally safe. In this day and age, some deals are not done until the relevant agents sign them off.

Whilst I agree they are a bigger club than Leicester, this season many expect us to be neck and neck.

And staying with them being bigger, I feel we've got more ambitious, less crooked owners, he'll be under far more pressure at West Ham and I don't see any reason they'll be ahead of us in 2/3 years time.

I can see why he'd join West Ham but I definitely feel if he went to Leicester there'd be far less risk involved, and potentially more success.

Lets face it, living in London is always going to be a factor. London v Leicester, hmm...........

Except he isn't..

Although even if Bert had spoken to CMS himself, the info gleaned wouldn't be totally safe. In this day and age, some deals are not done until the relevant agents sign them off.

this is NOT intended as an insult....

By your number of posts,you have not been around these boards that much even though i know it says you joined in 08 .. i can promise you, when Bert tells us info its almost always correct... so much so that I allow myself to get excited when he posts info. He is far more accurate and reliable than any journalist .. Even the Mercury and Ian Stringer.

Have players changed their minds before after Bert has given info? Maybe once or twice... But his accuracy rate is of such a high rate im happy to go with what he says.

Except he isn't..

True, But things change. Attacking Bert or anyone else for that matter giving informantion with good intent is just poor. Bert seems to have a serious contact related to the club. That contact is privy probably to some info but not all. So when things don't turn up as first discussed, then his info becomes wrong, but that is not under his control. If you read his or anyone elses post that claims insider info, take it as worthwhile forum discussion stuff, if it comes off well and good, if not, no harm no foul.

Is it your intent to make people like Bert to stop posting or what!! If it is, the bulk of the people on here would prefer you to go away and post on some other teams forum, as we appriciate having a guy with a better than 90% track recoed of valid info.

For all those that attack him, tell us your intent or go away!!!!

Having someone like Bert on here actually makes me come on this site as lot more than I otherwise would bother to. The guy is clearly a good and well placed source and fair play to him for coming on here and making it interesting. What was good info today, doesnt mean it will hold good to the point of a signing being fomally being announced, things can just change, and those who cant appreciate that need to ease off the guy. This site is all the richer for having him on here.

Except he isn't..

Read the OS. It is the only place you will find information that is 100% confirmed. You are in the wrong place.

Archived