Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

CMS isn't your average modern day footballer so going to Brighton wouldn't surprise me. I'd love to know his reasoning, but no doubt it'll be because he'll be the main man there and has a chance of taking Brighton higher than they've been for a long time. Bit of a kick in the teeth for us though if true and I hope it doesn't make players like Mills and Routledge think otherwise.

Absolutely fuming if we've missed out to Brighton, for all I hold nothing against them we really should be leaving these sorts of sides for dead in the transfer market.

Or maybe CMS starting getting a bit greedy and we told him to do one?

Or maybe CMS starting getting a bit greedy and we told him to do one?

If he was being greedy by Leicester's demands, there is simply no way Brighton would be able to pay what he's after.

He may demand more off of us because he knows he probably can, but if it's too much for Leicester, then it'd most likely be way too much for Brighton, can't see his demands to sign for them being much lower.

It was my understanding that Sven met CMS on Friday? Perhaps Sven wasn't overly impressed with what he heard?

Think they met Saturday too which is interesting.

Who knows, I can't even understand how Brighton would get him, didn't Posh's chairman say like "Brighton made a strong offer but nowhere near as strong as Leicester", if we made the bid and theirs was "nowhere near as strong", why on earth would they accept it?

If he was being greedy by Leicester's demands, there is simply no way Brighton would be able to pay what he's after.

He may demand more off of us because he knows he probably can, but if it's too much for Leicester, then it'd most likely be way too much for Brighton, can't see his demands to sign for them being much lower.

Might not have been too much for us, just more than feel he is worth paying.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. I'm getting the feeling with some players we're prepared to wedge them up big time and others we'll only offer them an appropriate package.

Would be shocked if he went brighton, not seen enough of CMS to make a judgement but from the sounds of it would of been a good addition! Sven may of just not wanted him here, so need to step up the chade for Maynard now surely?!

Which is in other words, too much for us. lol

We could pay £100k a week if we wanted to - we just don't, we ain't that stupid.

He'd be a bigger asset to Brighton IMO but a very minimal step up from Peterborough.

Worst case scenario is CMS not coming here, WH or Forest snapping up Maynard, Yak going elsewhere. The 3 of them are a different level to any other striker we're gonna get, imo.

By the way, who is the striker mentioned in the Mercury today? Sounded like big news yesterday but perhaps not?

Which is in other words, too much for us. lol

We could pay £100k a week if we wanted to - we just don't, we ain't that stupid.

He'd be a bigger asset to Brighton IMO but a very minimal step up from Peterborough.

contradiction.jpg

Contradiction? :dunno:

Leicester City's proposed move for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith has been cast into doubt.

The deal has been complicated by late moves from both West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers.

The 27-year-old striker met City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson on Friday to discuss personal terms after Posh accepted a £3million bid from City, who seemed to be in pole position.

However, he met the Hammers the day before to listen to what City's Championship rivals had to offer, and there were reports yesterday that QPR had rekindled their interest after having initially been turned down.

City are also believed to be in the advanced stages of talks with Preston North End's Sean St Ledger and free agent striker David Nugent, and possible deals could be done soon.

But sources close to Mackail-Smith say a deal is not as close as has been suggested.

City could switch to other targets in their search for another striker, with Bristol City's Nicky Maynard high on their list, despite an initial bid being rejected by the Robins.

It is understood that City have so far offered the best personal package to Mackail-Smith, but the Scotland international has yet to commit himself and is considering all his options.

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry told Talksport Radio that Mackail-Smith had not made up his mind which club to join.

Fry also seemed to be running out of patience with the prolific striker.

"I can tell you that the chairman, Darragh MacAnthony, has accepted three bids and given three clubs permission to speak to Craig and his agent," said Fry.

"Two of those clubs, West Ham and Leicester have spoken to them.

"Prior to that, Neil Warnock at QPR was given permission to talk to him but I haven't spoken to Craig for three days so he obviously hasn't agreed terms with West Ham or Leicester.

"There are seven other bids that we've turned down that are very substantial, four other clubs have been on to me to say that they're selling their centre-forward for so much and they want to put half of that into buying Craig, things like that.

"We've given Craig the opportunity to speak to three clubs and, as of yet, he's not decided to go anywhere, which is very frustrating from our point of view.

"The boy scored 35 goals in the league last year. He's got 99 goals in four seasons with Peterborough. The chairman said stay another year, help us get back into the Championship and we won't stand in your way.

"We were hoping that he'd be gone by now because we've got targets as well that we're trying to get in."

City are also chasing Huddersfield Town winger Anthony Pilkington after the 23-year-old told the Terriers he wanted to leave.

City have tabled a £1.7million offer but face strong opposition from Norwich City.

City have already signed defender Lee Peltier from Huddersfield.

contradiction.jpg

Contradiction? :dunno:

No it isn't.

It's anything but, we've got the funds to pay someone £100k a week - we just won't do it, it's more than we're willing to pay a player, and therefore too much. We could, but we won't, if you get me.

No it isn't.

It's anything but, we've got the funds to pay someone £100k a week - we just won't do it, it's more than we're willing to pay a player, and therefore too much. We could, but we won't, if you get me.

So what I said the first time then

To be fair this is a pointless argument, we're arguing the same point, just the wording. lol

A truce. :thumbup:

Yea i just thought that. Bit ratty and bitchy today, that horrible monday morning feeling :P

Either way, looks like hes not coming, hope he enjoys the 'speciality' bars in Brighton :giggle:

Yea i just thought that. Bit ratty and bitchy today, that horrible monday morning feeling :P

Either way, looks like hes not coming, hope he enjoys the 'speciality' bars in Brighton :giggle:

Aye lol

Does it though? I don't see the name Brighton mentioned ONCE in that article.

Oh right. So he met West Ham on Thursday just like I said. :rolleyes:

Bert,

Any indication of Press Conference called at the club? Normally held at 11am if I am not mistaken.

Archived