Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Don't listen to the haters Bertie, this place wouldn't be the same without your info.

I agree.

Bert's not right every time.

His information is as good as that which is passed to him, which is always subject to change.

I am eager to hear anything that gets pushed his way.

I'm certainly not into having a go at him for any reason - Bert's a nice guy.

We once had access to information from a different source who no longer posts due to people getting a little pre-occupied with his identity and sources.

Can't we just take things at face value? Bert's info seems pretty good to me 80% of the time.

I'd be happy with that kind of win rate at the bookies.

It's fine to disagree but I draw the line with the handbags going on in this thread.

People need to get a bit of perspective and take some breaths before keyboard warriorship takes over.

To be fair to Bert, anything can happen with transfers these days with agents disrupting and influencing deals. It may well have been pretty much agreed but if the agent has suddenly got a late offer in I'm sure he'd want to explore it before his client signs on the dotted line.

You heard something or you just hoping?

Just hoping that with all the player speculation over the last week and with Sven saying he wants his squad together ASAP, I would assume someone would be announced today, normally via a press conference.

Still set for LCFC say Peterborough today

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh_accept_west_ham_bid_for_mackail_smith_1_2831093

Published on Monday 4 July 2011 10:19

West Ham United have had a bid for sought-after Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith accepted.

The Hammers - hot favourites to win the Championship next season after their relegation from the Premier League - have been linked with Mackail-Smith for several weeks and finally made their move just before the weekend.

Their successful bid is thought to be for in the region of £3 million. They are the second ambitious Championship club to have a bid for Mackail-Smith accepted after Leicester City.

Posh have not accepted an offer from League One champions Brighton for Mackail-Smith , although Seagulls manager Gus Poyet insists he has not given up hope of landing the 27 year-old.

Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said: “We have now accepted two bids for CMS - from West Ham and Leicester.

“It’s now down to the player and the clubs where he signs. Brighton came to the table with a strong offer but it wasn’t anywhere near as strong as Leicester.”

Mackail-Smith is understood to have held talks with Leicester manager Sven Goran Eriksson on Friday. Sources in Leicester claim Mackail-Smith is expected to complete a move to the Foxes in the next few days, but West Ham’s successful bid appears to change the landscape.

Poyet said: “Have Peterborough actually said they have rejected our offer? It’s not in my hands, it appears to be in Leicester City’s hands, but the fact that we are going up against clubs like West Ham and Leicester proves our own ambition.”

Posh director of football Barry Fry revealed recently that Mackail-Smith has already turned down the chance to join Premier League newcomers Norwich City and Queens Park Rangers this summer.

The claims about the Canaries were actually refuted by their chief executive David McNally who insisted the Norfolk club had ended their interest back in March when failing to prise Mackail-Smith away from Posh on loan.

If us and West Ham have told him where to go after getting too greedy, then I'll laugh my head off. How he could pick Brighton over West Ham (or us) is beyond me.

Problem is we will never find out if this is the case.The player won't admit it and if either club does it will be branded as sour grapes.Whatever has happened CMS will come out of this looking like a hero who just wanted to play football.

Problem is we will never find out if this is the case.The player won't admit it and if either club does it will be branded as sour grapes.Whatever has happened CMS will come out of this looking like a hero who just wanted to play football.

We will find out! We have Bert. :thumbup:

Peterborough need to get this sewn up so they can identify targets & no how much they have to spend on fees + wages themselves, along with getting them in to their training ground in ample time like all clubs should be striving to do.

Hopefully the situations is clearer in the next couple of hours

Out of the three strikers we are linked wth ( Nugent, Maynard and CMS) then this is the guy i would be least dissapointed with if we didnt sign him.

In fact i think i would even prefer the Koran guy to CMS. Thats not to say i would be upset if we DID sign him.... hes jut not the best (IMO) out of the bunch we are chasing, thats all...

Out of the three strikers we are linked wth ( Nugent, Maynard and CMS) then this is the guy i would be least dissapointed with if we didnt sign him.

In fact i think i would even prefer the Koran guy to CMS. Thats not to say i would be upset if we DID sign him.... hes jut not the best (IMO) out of the bunch we are chasing, thats all...

The Koran guy?....is that Mohammed??

Adrian Durham (talksport & posh fan) is of the opinion he chose Brighton over us as poyet told him they wanted to build their side around him and he was gauranteed more game time than here

I'm not sure Brighton have had a bid accepted for him to speak to them, Fry said they've made an offer but it's not as strong as Leicester's

Although if he's not to join us, I would much rather him join Brighton than WestHam

With his eye for goal WHU would surely be even more certs for the title than they already are, whilst I expect a competent Brighton side to be pushing for a playoff spot they're hardly our biggest rivals for the top 2

Archived