Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

I feel pretty positive about this. He has shown that he can score goals for fun, abeit a tier below.

But he hasn't had opportunity yet in the Championship - that doesn't mean that he won't manage it. Just that he hasnt been able to try.

In sven we trust - and in this case, I'm more than happy to :scarf:

3 million does seem a huge fee for a player of what CMS has achieved. Like one of the above posters touched on, thats the same fee we agreed for Yakubu, and he's a proven goalscorer at every club/level he's played at.

I feel pretty positive about this. He has shown that he can score goals for fun, abeit a tier below.

But he hasn't had opportunity yet in the Championship - that doesn't mean that he won't manage it. Just that he hasnt been able to try.

In sven we trust - and in this case, I'm more than happy to :scarf:

Yes he has.

Could be something in this as their owner did mention that we would shortly be spending big.

I wanted us to sign CMS but there is no way he is worth £3m. He is a very good player and will work extremely hard while scoring goals (something of a rareity) but that price is too steep.

Mackail-Smith would be a cracking signing, and I have few doubts that he'd be able to endear himself even to our fans from the word go if he joined. His work rate is exceptional, but over the last three seasons he's had more than enough quality to go with it. He's a proper goal-scorer, which is exactly what we need.

Of course £3 million is a lot of money, but it seems to be more or less the going rate for a quality striker at this level these days. He's still well on the right side of 30, too.

Good call would take him over CMS any day

My Grandads has a season ticket at donny and its only down the road from where i live so i sometimes go when he has a spare ticket. Every time he looks quality probably not the sort of player Svens looking for but i would take him any day.

Guest ttfn

CMS has improved significantly in the last 18 months.

Having bagged 10 Championship goals in a woeful Posh team in 2009/10, his touch, aggression and pace was all a massive part of Peterborough's attacking play last season.

I think he'll make a big impact this season at Championship level, and I could see him playing anywhere across a front 2 or 3.

£3 million is a little steep, especially at 27, and we're unlikely to ever recoup that again.

But in principal I reckon he would be a good signing.

I never rated him. To be honest I always thought he benefitted from playing with Boyd and McLean a couple of seasons ago.

I'd have to say though, having watched him twice last year, I have to eat my words a bit, he really has improved as a threat. Think Dickov type energy, good first touch, directness and an eye for goal. I'd have him here.

£3million might be a bit over the top, but Posh aren't really going to want to sell and strikers do seem to be commanding a premium at the moment. I mean, if Maynard is going to be £4million + and people are talking about the likes of Cameron Jerome as a £5million striker...

CMS has improved significantly in the last 18 months.

Having bagged 10 Championship goals in a woeful Posh team in 2009/10, his touch, aggression and pace was all a massive part of Peterborough's attacking play last season.

I think he'll make a big impact this season at Championship level, and I could see him playing anywhere across a front 2 or 3.

£3 million is a little steep, especially at 27, and we're unlikely to ever recoup that again.

But in principal I reckon he would be a good signing.

We will if he get 20 goal and we get promoted.

But i agree it seems a bit steep.

Archived