Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Has it been confirmed he's gone to brighton?

At least it shut half our fans up and will think twice about assuming all players are dying to play for us and sven!

If he doesn't come here lets stick a silly offer in for maynard

Skysports.com understands Brighton have won the race for Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

From the ssn transfer clockwatch.

Am I missing something? Have Brighton had a turnaround in fortunes or something and are now a rich club?

Fair enough not coming to Leicester but I'm baffeled that he turned down west ham and QPR!

Yes

They have a rich owner who wants to bankroll them into the Prem

They've made quite a few other useful signings too according my Brighton mate on Twitter and have sold almost 20,000 season tickets already

They're new stadium is very impressive and everyone down there believes they are going places, perhaps CMS wanted to be in there almost from the start.

Poyet is also a useful bloke.

Hopefully we've got other irons in the fire who can bang in the goals needed

No need to apologise Bert, You're the first poster I look for when I'm on. I thank you for the initial info and understand that clubs and players DO change their minds. Please keep giving us the information.

CMS isn't the best on offer out there, he would have been a risk (worth taking but a risk) there are others less of a risk. It gives us something to look forward to over th enxt few days.

I can see us offering more for Maynard TODAY.

I'm lost for words. Can only think it was down to family as we offered him the best personal terms.

Not good enough you tosser, getting everyones hopes up like that!! Who the **** do you think you are?

:ph34r:

The only other thing i could think of is if he thought there would be to much pressure to go up here, and he wouldn't be able to handle it.

Bert - No need to apologise mate!

Good luck to you to. Although you did very well last season, and look ambitious this season, whether I want him or not, I cannot understand what you have offered that we/QPR/Norwich/WHU couldn't offer? :S

No offence, but I'm sure you'd believe that us/West Ham have much more promotion chance, and QPR and Norwich are Prem! I'm sure any of us could match wages you'd offer.

Only thing I could possibly think of is that at Brighton he'd be guaranteed a starting spot... not so much at us and the others?

Same as you...(and I've been supporting Brighton for 40+ years now) have no idea really why he has chosen us over 'bigger' clubs like yourselves, West Ham, QPR etc etc....

I do get the impression tho.....(from usual sources that all 'fans forums' have) that this was more or less a 'done deal' two-three weeks ago. It was complicated by Barry Fry at Peterborough trying to talk up the transfer fee....which he appears to have succeeeded in. Maybe....just maybe...CMS is a man of his word...who knows.

Undoubtedly CMS will be a big fish in our pond, but for us Brighton supporters it is a major statement of intent by our chairman....who quite honestly walks on water in our eyes already...lol.

At least your club is big enough to attact other quality players in the near future...no doubt about that.

Brighton have signed Will Hoskins from Bristol Rovers, Will Buckley from Watford and.... Dennis Bergkamp's nephew, while losing an exciting young winger and last seasons top scorer.

Craig Mackail-Smith: too much of a soft, insecure pansy to be able to handle not being the best player at his club since 1984.

Fair play to Brighton, they finally have a shiny new stadium, the lack of which has what has been holding them back for years. Good luck to them.

Yeah, I really like them as a club. Such a huge potential in that area - large catchment area, loyal fan base and now finally a proper stadium to go with it all. They'll do well this season I hope, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that this really is a truly bizarre move for CMS.

The only thing that annoys me about this debacle is that he's signed for Brighton and not West Ham, QPR or Forest. It now means that when we turn our attentions to another striker, these 3 clubs will yet again be in the mix with us to sign them. Seems to be a lot of clubs bidding for the same players this summer, never known it to be as bad as this before. Sven needs to cast his net wide, the figures being quoted for distinctly unproven players is astonishing and i'd rather we blow £3 million on someone who has cut it at international level as well as at a high level of European football.

Dust ourselves off and go. We need at least 2 new strikers as well. I'd go all out for Derbyshire if Nugent is also fooking us about and then get in our main man to lead the line.

£2.5 million could rise, what a ****ing joke.

But I guess this proves he is no money grabber, but still deluded over his rejection of West Ham and Leicester for a side which has just been promoted from League 1, with the team he currently plays for in Peterborough.

Like Tanner said one of the strangest transfer decisions I have ever seen.

Archived