Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

As for the gay comments from other posters, yeah well done, if you ever come to Brighton and are unlucky enough to find yourself in the gay quarter you'll feel right at home listening to all the northern accents there! Most of em are from your neck of the woods!

Probably the worst gay comment I've read so far.

Good work

For what it's worth in my opinion his agent is holding a Dutch auction playing one club off against another to get a bigger contract.

Seeing as he is nothing special anyway I tell him and his agent to jog on and find another mug.

As for the gay comments from other posters, yeah well done, if you ever come to Brighton and are unlucky enough to find yourself in the gay quarter you'll feel right at home listening to all the northern accents there! Most of em are from your neck of the woods!

You do realise Leicester is in the midlands?

Probably the worst gay comment I've read so far.

Good work

Difficult to disagree with you. Funny enough, once you speak face to face to other teams supporters, you discover that they are just the same as us/you. Same with gay, straight, a-sexual, black, white etc etc etc.....

I don't know who the 4th official's sources are, but each snippet of news he's said all along he's not interested in us, think he only spoke to us because we had a bid accepted

Fry obviously stirred it up trying to create maximum interest and perhaps has got a bit added on to whatever transfer fee he would have gone for otherwise.

If we were never in the running as far as the player was concerned it was down to QPR & WHU, he obviously got the wrong feel about QPR, who could well implode if they're not careful meaning that's he's chosen Brighton over WHU... That's got to be far from great for them, especially as they also have the whole 'new stadium, this club is going places' dream to sell too

Quite why he's not been at all interested in us, beyond the courtesy of speaking to us once our offer was accepted is baffling (to us fans anyway)

Anyway, good luck to him and Brighton... whose future looks bright & interesting... hopefully not as bright & interesting as ours though

I don't know who the 4th official's sources are, but each snippet of news he's said all along he's not interested in us, think he only spoke to us because we had a bid accepted

They were adamant he was going west ham though, so it shows their sources aren't that good.

You're all northerners from here!

Oh come on...! Don't give all Brighton supporters a bad name. On our own meassageboard say what you like (within reason)....but if you are on another teams board....a bit of humility doesn't go amiss.

It's just good manners and common sense.

Difficult to disagree with you.

Sounds like interesting times at Brighton anyway, had no idea what was going on down there to be honest until doing a bit of research today. Do you think you'll back this up with more big money signings? Because I think you might need more than him.

BBC South East have reported that Brighton have paid £2.5m for CMS - well below the price being offered (and accepted by Peterborough) from both us and West Ham.

Only he can explain why he's chosen to move there. But the sooner we move on from this, the better.

They were adamant he was going west ham though, so it shows their sources aren't that good.

Know what you mean

But he was adamant all along he was never, ever going to join us, possibly reasonable to assume it was to join the only other club in the running, which was WHU

Until Brighton came from nowhere, although quite a few B'ton peeps saying it was a done deal a few weeks ago and they're glad CMS is true to his word even though its for less money than he could have got elsewhere

BBC South East have reported that Brighton have paid £2.5m for CMS - well below the price being offered (and accepted by Peterborough) from both us and West Ham.

Their bid is rising to £3.25m and nobody at our club or at posh released any bid details, it was all speculation.

You sum it up nicely there, I accept that Leicester City are a bigger club than the Albion but we've been hamstrung by the lack of a stadium for the last 15 years, we used to get regular crowds of 30,000+ in the 70s and that wasn't even in the top tier division! Our chairman has shelled out £100million of his own money (none from the banks or borrowed from elsewhere), he has also earmarked another £15million for new state of the art training facilities which are just going through he planning stages add to that we have already spent £500k on Hoskins, £1million on Buckley and now it looks likely another £3million on CMS. There are no doubts that Brighton can compete financially with any club in the Championship with a chairman happy to put his money where his mouth is unlike so many other chairman who talk the talk but run their clubs on debt. We have no debt to service, 18000 season ticket holders, a state of the art stadium arguably the best outside the premiership and with plans already to increase capacity to 32-33,000. If anyone still thinks Brighton are a small club and unable to compete at this level they are in for a shock this season. As for the gay comments from other posters, yeah well done, if you ever come to Brighton and are unlucky enough to find yourself in the gay quarter you'll feel right at home listening to all the northern accents there! Most of em are from your neck of the woods!

good luck for next season

Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing. Talk about pot calling kettle black after the way Rangers fans responded to the whole Danns affair.

Brighton have a lot going for them, great new stadium, great place to live, big financial backing, top young manager who no doubt swayed CMS, plus they play great football which CMS will have witnessed last season. They're level with us and WHU as things stand, and he'll probably get more game time.

It's not where I expected him to go but there's people on here with some serious delusions of grandeur.

...now please sign Maynard and Mills Sven. PLEASE!!!

Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing. Talk about pot calling kettle black after the way Rangers fans responded to the whole Danns affair.

Indeed... just highlights again most clubs have many idiotic fans.

Brighton have a lot going for them, great new stadium, great place to live, big financial backing, top young manager who no doubt swayed CMS, plus they play great football which CMS will have witnessed last season. They're level with us and WHU as things stand, and he'll probably get more game time.

It's not where I expected him to go but there's people on here with some serious delusions of grandeur.

Agree 100%

Disappointing but as already said, Brighton have a lot going for them with momentum and money as well as a new stadium. I tipped them as dark horses this season just after they were promoted and have seen nothing to change my mind. It's hardly as if he's sacked us off for Barnsley or Coventry.

This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise because if we can get Maynard for similar money or £500,000-£1m more, I think he'd be the better value long term purchase.

this!

Sounds like interesting times at Brighton anyway, had no idea what was going on down there to be honest until doing a bit of research today. Do you think you'll back this up with more big money signings? Because I think you might need more than him.

Already been 'tweeted' by someone clearly 'in the know'....that this record signing may be exceeded very soon...could well be nonsense of course.. I definitely think we,ll need more than just CMS to do well this year.

Exciting times down here indeed. But most of us won't get carried away.......we,ll just wait and see how we fare in the first 10 games.CMS is still unproven in the Championship, which I agree is a big jump from League 1.

As Leicester have always been my second team.....( and I well remember seeing the likes of Banks, Shilton , Clarke Lineker etc etc etc so many times..!) it's a bit of a pain being in the same league this year. I,ll just have to 'hate' your team this year....but hopefully next year one of us will be in the Premiership....would make my life simpler when I visit my family up there.....!

Archived