Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Good luck Brighton, I have always liked there fans and respected them, I remember when we went up in our first season at the Walkers and we played them on our final home game and most of them stayed behind and clapped even though they had been relegated.

To be fair as well its about there time in football, they have been stuck in that horrible ground for years on end and yo yoed yip and down so wish them all the best :thumbup:

Already been 'tweeted' by someone clearly 'in the know'....that this record signing may be exceeded very soon...could well be nonsense of course.. I definitely think we,ll need more than just CMS to do well this year.

As long as your lot don't turn into West Ham and get linked with everyone we're after then it's fine. If you do then I might start to hate you (only a little bit though). :D

There's a shop in Brighton where you can buy Smiths t-shirts for babies. BABIES!

I think this probably made all the difference. It would have done if I were him, I reckon

Sweet - wish I had known about that shop when mine were a tad younger!

Damn. I was warming to the CMS experience after PoshFan's glowing love for the guy. He weighted his options and chose Brighton - fair play to him. Now I'm ready for the next saga......

Damn. I was warming to the CMS experience after PoshFan's glowing love for the guy.

Nobody bloody wanted the bloke until he appeared on here with his write up, wish it had stayed like that now!! lol

A lot of people in here weren't to impressed with us trying to sign him anyway.

I think he would have been a good addition and a shame we seem to have come so close.

3 million is a lot of money though and I guess we can use that elsewhere now. Hopefully Maynard and Nugent.

Brighton is an odd choice but I guess he has seen something in them that he cant get with us or WH....... the seaside I'm guessing!!

We can move on from this now

Old news now I know, but this puts a bit of info out there about what went on...

Mackail-Smith looked set to join Leicester on Friday, with Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony saying he expected the Scotland forward to head to the Walkers Stadium.

MacAnthony has also revealed Leicester and West Ham had offers accepted, but the London club pulled out of the deal.

"From a financial point of view, I wanted him to choose West Ham, because the offer was more," he told the Posh website.

"I'm then hearing the player couldn't make up his mind, which amazed me, because you'd walk to play for the likes of West Ham and Leicester.

"I got a phone call on Sunday to say that West Ham had pulled out... then Brighton came in with an offer, it wasn't as good as West Ham's, but it was matching Leicester's with a bit more money up front.

"He chooses where he wants to go, something tells me he always wanted to go to Brighton, I wish I'd known that in the first place."

Sorry last post!!

Just so people know, I have it from a very good source that it was Svens decision not to sign CMS. He made the decision to overlook him and not the other way round.

Obviously can't give the source but I can say they are close to someone who has dialogue with the club daily.

I think Stringer also hinted at this in his tweet earlier.

If that's true, then i'm glad it has happened. It's nice to know Sven doesn't want to waste money. I'm glad that Sven doesn't want to pay over the odds for players and will say no as players seem to think we'll throw cash at them willy nilly. Gawd I love Sven :wub:

Sorry last post!!

Just so people know, I have it from a very good source that it was Svens decision not to sign CMS. He made the decision to overlook him and not the other way round.

Obviously can't give the source but I can say they are close to someone who has dialogue with the club daily.

I think Stringer also hinted at this in his tweet earlier.

Nope. mine's the last one! ;)

If that's true, then i'm glad it has happened. It's nice to know Sven doesn't want to waste money. I'm glad that Sven doesn't want to pay over the odds for players and will say no as players seem to think we'll throw cash at them willy nilly. Gawd I love Sven :wub:

How do you know it was to do with money?

Archived