Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

Must be on my own but I think he could do a job for us. £3m is ott, but then if its £2m going up to £3m with clauses, City may be able to live with that. I don't know why our fans get so upset about the fees banded about, it's not like we are forking out for these players personally (yes I do know we pay to watch then that money is used, but you know what I mean).

I think because everyone is so loved-up with the Maynard saga, nobody else is good enough. Someone said on another thread about having to sell the club and the dream to players and I couldn't agree more. I think our fans sometimes have their rose tinted specs on too much.

Looks like West Ham are at it again! Source: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8500/4/west-ham-make-approach-peterborough-ace-mackail-smith

Quite pleased about this, I must say. Sven's pulled a blinder on this one getting West Ham to waste their money on crap players. Go ahead Sven you now have my blessing to bid £10m for Junior Lewis. Afterall West Ham will need a new midfielder once they sell Parker.

Looks like West Ham are at it again! Source: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8500/4/west-ham-make-approach-peterborough-ace-mackail-smith

Quite pleased about this, I must say. Sven's pulled a blinder on this one getting West Ham to waste their money on crap players. Go ahead Sven you now have my blessing to bid £10m for Junior Lewis. Afterall West Ham will need a new midfielder once they sell Parker.

West Ham appear to be after everyone we want. To be fair they will most probably be linked with everyone the same as us as promotion candidates.

I'd be delighted if we sign CMS. He has lawys impressed me whenever i've seen him play. He's also a much better player than he was in Peterborough's last championship season.

3m is just the going rate for a striker in demand these days.

Yes I would prefer Maynard if I had a choice but CMS would be a good acquisition in my opinion.

Guest Col city fan

I'd be delighted if we sign CMS. He has lawys impressed me whenever i've seen him play. He's also a much better player than he was in Peterborough's last championship season.

3m is just the going rate for a striker in demand these days.

Yes I would prefer Maynard if I had a choice but CMS would be a good acquisition in my opinion.

Ive made it clear that CMS would be good for City IMO. Looks like yet another player is bound for West Ham!!

Guest Col city fan

Lower league player im my opinion.

Needs 4-5 chances to score one and wont get that in the championship.

Said it before... he must have got tons of chances then last season!!..... how many goals did he score? (more than 30 for the season I think...)

To be fair alot of strikers in this league started at a lower level and have developed into good championship players.

Fans have supported the potential signing of Maynard and he signed for bcfc from crewe. If he signs give him a chance. Let's not forget where Lennon, Elliott etc came from...

I'd love this signing - I do think 3 million is way steep though. I've watched him play and rate him, however in League 1 there were days that Leicester looked like Brazil against some opposition, I think he will develop and step up to the Championship, however I have to acknowledge he is unproven as a player in a top 6 Championship side. Sign him up.

wouldnt mind seeing CMS come here, kinda reminds me of the Paul DIckov kinda striker.

Cant fault the guys attitude on the pitch but I wouldnt pay the £3mil the posh want for him.

we could offer them Kennedy in any deal, he was injured for their play-off run but was a regular for them

we could offer them Kennedy in any deal, he was injured for their play-off run but was a regular for them

I'd certainly take that :)

Having just seen a Tweet on Twitter, reports we've had a bid accepted for him.

Gotta love the summer transfer window :trumpet: :trumpet:

Hi, i'm Ric Flair let me tell you where i'm at.

Firstly, I was amazed to see that Mackail-Smith was still only 27. I thought he was nearing 30 so the fact he's still young is a plus point. He's also a player on the up, he's improving each season and you cannot argue with his goalscoring feats of last season.

My concerns are that £3 million is a lot of dough for a League One player whose pedigree is St Albans City where he scored twice in 45 games and also a mediocre return at Dagenham and Redbridge in the Conference. DJ Campbell's failures at leicester has made me make comparisons with CMS and the wqorry that he'll turn up here and be as crap as he was when he played non-league football instead of performing like he's capable of doing at the level we're now at.

I trust Sven though and I like Mackail-Smith's workrate and eye for goal. he could be superb at this level in the right set up and with the fans behind him.

I'm prepared to put none of the money in myself but i'm happy to back him wholeheartedly should he sign.

I don't think he's much better than Fryatt was tbh, but in sven we trust :whistle:

Although he doesn't seem to be much of an improvement on Fryatt, I'd have thought that he would fit much better into a 4-3-3 as a lone striker (If Sven still plans on using it) considering his work rate. Would like to see him join but still think £3M is ridiculous.

27, not done much at this level, £3m.... don't fancy this.

£3m is a bit much, but i think he might put some goals away given the service. P'boro when last in the CCC were a terrible side not ready for the step up, and his goal scoring was hurt by this IMO, and though I can't remember clearly, I think he spent most of his time running around up field on his own chasing lost causes without any real support.

Anyone who works hard seems to get a right slagging from some people. He'd need to score 30+ to keep all these people who can't stand a Hume/Dickov/Waghorn type happy.

I think he would fit into the side well but it's a lot of money. Strikes me as strange that we'd bother to get involved in a bidding war conducted by two wide boys like Fry and MacAnthony when there are other options out there.

As with St Ledger/Hobbs, he'd always be compared to Fryatt and Waghorn even if he's a very different player.

The main thing I keep coming back to though is that he will have very little sell-on value at 27, especially on a contract of less than four years. And a four-year contract to a 27-year-old at this level who's never achieved any more than the likes of Fryatt seems very odd to me. Still, a good player who would fit in very well.

Archived