Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Craig Mackail-Smith

If we can bag Chong Tae-Se for 750,000, somebody who played in the world cup and put on a great performance against a good Brazilian side, why the hell are we thinking of spending 3mil on a league 1 player who doesn’t seem any more prolific than Fryatt was when he was playing here?

The mind boggles :S

We're throwing silly money around (if the rumours are true).

Very good League One player, wonder about what he could do in the Championship.

£3m? Even a bigger joke than the reported £3.25m for Maynard.

I bet there's guys out there for less money, same talent and even more potential.

We're throwing silly money around (if the rumours are true).

Very good League One player, wonder about what he could do in the Championship.

£3m? Even a bigger joke than the reported £3.25m for Maynard.

I bet there's guys out there for less money, same talent and even more potential.

Agreed

Slightly concerned about this. Looks like we're being taken for a ride with a lot of players. I'd obviously give him a chance and back him but at this moment in time I'd take Yak or Maynard at 3.25m,

That's from Monday and the revelation our bid was accepted only came through in the last few hours, West Ham have also been linked.

So it could be four bids accepted now. Possibly.

Slightly concerned about this. Looks like we're being taken for a ride with a lot of players. I'd obviously give him a chance and back him but at this moment in time I'd take Yak or Maynard at 3.25m,

We were always going to be looked at as a cash rich club, and anyone with a player we liked or queried their availability were inevitably put overpriced tags on their heads. Things were made worse by statements of unlimited funds or such like in the press, to further corroborate our deep pocketed owners.

I think it's actually far from the truth, and there is a ceiling. However, Sven is wanting to sign a striker as a priority, and no one in this league will sell cheap. I also think should we fail to find all the players we want due to stupid price tags, that we can easily go to the loan market for one or two positions for a season long contract. There'll be an abundance of players once again floating about in the Prem looking for action.

That's from Monday and the revelation our bid was accepted only came through in the last few hours, West Ham have also been linked.

So it could be four bids accepted now. Possibly.

He's turned down one of the Prem sides since then :dunno:

Anyone who works hard seems to get a right slagging from some people. He'd need to score 30+ to keep all these people who can't stand a Hume/Dickov/Waghorn type happy.

I think he would fit into the side well but it's a lot of money. Strikes me as strange that we'd bother to get involved in a bidding war conducted by two wide boys like Fry and MacAnthony when there are other options out there.

As with St Ledger/Hobbs, he'd always be compared to Fryatt and Waghorn even if he's a very different player.

The main thing I keep coming back to though is that he will have very little sell-on value at 27, especially on a contract of less than four years. And a four-year contract to a 27-year-old at this level who's never achieved any more than the likes of Fryatt seems very odd to me. Still, a good player who would fit in very well.

Your saying Leicester is still a selling club then when surely the proclaimed £90 million for going up would out weigh the miserly £ 3 million we have spent whos to say he won't finish his playing days here when we have established our selves in the prem and if by sheer fortune he knocks in the goal to take us up and it's his 1 goal of the season will u moan? I doubt he will have done as he has been signed to do rant over

He's turned down one of the Prem sides since then :dunno:

Was QPR according to Bert due to no guarantee of first team football.

I'm just clutching at straws, £3m is ludicrous money and I'd rather not see us getting done.

So, we all think he is shit, yet he has more than one premier league club bidding for him?

I think he must have improved a lot since most of us last seen him in our league one and first championship season back.

however- I still agree with the posters who would pay a bit more for Maynard or the yak.

So, we all think he is shit, yet he has more than one premier league club bidding for him?

I think he must have improved a lot since most of us last seen him in our league one and first championship season back.

however- I still agree with the posters who would pay a bit more for Maynard or the yak.

He's not shit, it's just that it's too much of a risk to pay £3M on someone whose never done much in the Championship. Especially when if we are willing to go just a bit higher we can get Maynard.

Yes, people saying we shouldn't spend £3 million on him automatically think he's shit.

And having a Premier League club bidding for you doesn't necessarily mean that he's worth the money.

Archived