Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

XBOX Account transfer

Been bought an Xbox Slim for my 18th a couple of days ago, well, I say that - My Mum still ain't picked it up for me so when she does I'll be wanting to transfer my Xbox Live Account onto my new slim, bear in mind my current Xbox is pretty fvcked, Red Ring.

Anyone know how to do it? Cheers.

Been bought an Xbox Slim for my 18th a couple of days ago, well, I say that - My Mum still ain't picked it up for me so when she does I'll be wanting to transfer my Xbox Live Account onto my new slim, bear in mind my current Xbox is pretty fvcked, Red Ring.

Anyone know how to do it? Cheers.

Recover gamertag should doo it. Pretty easy actaully.

Is it as basic as that? Really?

Thing is when mine got set up, it was my Mum's e-mail address that got used for it, but when I signed onto Xbox online I used my own e-mail, so I have no idea what I'd use to recover the gamer tag.

Is it as basic as that? Really?

Thing is when mine got set up, it was my Mum's e-mail address that got used for it, but when I signed onto Xbox online I used my own e-mail, so I have no idea what I'd use to recover the gamer tag.

Would be the one you used for your Xbox LIVE accout I think. Not sure. I think you can put your gamertag in and a password and that would work. Not to sure.

Your Live account is attached to your profile, so it's all about getting the profile onto the hard drive of the new Xbox. Go on to xbox.com and sign-in to your gamer profile on the website. Try the two email addresses and work out which one it is that's set up with it. I imagine it'll be your mums one.

Then when you turn your new xbox on, to recover the profile you can just do as already said above and 'Recover Gamertag' when you press the big Xbox button in the middle of the controller.

The other option is to either:

(a) use your old hard drive; or

(b) if you get a new one with the Xbox anyway, buy a £10 (or less on Ebay) data transfer cable and use it to transfer your profile and all of your saved games and downloads. Your old hard drive will basically be wiped clean (I think, I've never done it) and even if it isn't you can just delete what's on it yourself. After that you can sell the old hard drive.

One of these

Archived