Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Europa Universalis / Hearts of Iron

Just wanted to find out if anyone on here plays either? Basically they're 'history management' games, and with the number of people on here playing CM/FM, I suspect they may be of interest to some. They are really well made and very enjoyable even if I haven't given Hearts of Iron 3 a proper go (I'd need a good few hours to get to grips with the basics :P Some screenies

dec7screen1.jpg

nov30_1.jpg

Link to Hearts of Iron 3 gallery

Never heard of these two to be honest. Are they anything like age of empires?

Nope, they're turn-based strategy games, so they resemble Civilization more in that respect. They're historically correct and open-ended games only limited by the years that are playable (EU 3 with the latest expansion can be played from 1399 AD to the end of the 18th/start 19th century; Hearts of Iron 3 from 1936 to 1948). You can pick just about any country in the world to play and you can focus on many different facets like diplomacy, colonialism, conquest, trade, specific missions etc. Lots of fun :thumbup:

I bought Hearts of Iron II the other day off steam. Not really had the time to get into it properly. I do like the look of it though.

It does need some perseverence. I thought EU was complicated to begin with, but it's almost a kiddies game compared to HoI

I got Victoria 2 made from the same people. I like it more than the Total War series now, the whole thing has gone stale imo.

Looks like a cross between EU 3 and HoI 3

Archived